Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi Anirban,

Can u share the reasons for not going for Autotrading, since you have already done on several platforms. It will be usefull for us, and may be we can check with Symphony if they have already filled those loopholes.

@Cubt,

I am facing a lot of issues for datafeed, Manshi and other cheap one will work for sure, but i have had bitter experience with them, Neotrade is good, but they dont supprt VPS, last is GDFL they support VPS, but need to pay 1yr subscription upfront. Symphony didn't give any datafeed option like they did to u:(

In general i wanted to ask u guys, which benchmarking parameter to look for when backtesting a strategy.

Regards

Regards
Dk,

If u opt for symphony presto algo platform they can provide u datafeed n vps, but if u want to integrate amibroker n trade based on signals u need to have ur own data feed n vps. And I dont have much knowledge about any specific benchmark for backtesting reports

Hi Anirban,

Can u share the reasons for not going for Autotrading, since you have already done on several platforms. It will be usefull for us, and may be we can check with Symphony if they have already filled those loopholes.

Regards
OK Guys,

Give me some time, May be first week of July. I will discuss with Omnisys or Wisdom Capital and let you guys free trial/experience of Algo Trading with my Money.

But remember its not so easy. I am a successful trader and used to gain appx 5 Lakh/month from scalping/Swing Trading on investment of 20 Lakh. Whereas in Algos I am yet to get parallel return on consistent basis.

Hope you understand my dilemma.

@Anirban,

Cubt has created the system on his own not bought/rent it from somebody else. How many system out off this 10000 created by you?Hope you get my point.
Yes sir. A lot of strategies are mine.

Once i have mentioned we have own membership, why not to explore things first at our own before encouraging it to others?

onlinegtrash

OK Guys,

Give me some time, May be first week of July. I will discuss with Omnisys or Wisdom Capital and let you guys free trial/experience of Algo Trading with my Money.

But remember its not so easy. I am a successful trader and used to gain appx 5 Lakh/month from scalping/Swing Trading on investment of 20 Lakh. Whereas in Algos I am yet to get parallel return on consistent basis.

Hope you understand my dilemma.
Although I don't have extensive algo experience, you do strike a chord with me.
Some people see you as discouraging, but I feel you have seen the invisible thing that new traders haven't yet seen but pounces on traders, takes away traders' money and leave traders clueless!

Some guys have resolved to tame this nameless invisible beast even without knowing its full realtime characters... I appreciate their braveness to explore the unknown but it still worth a lot to listen from guys who have battle scars esp. if you are a guy with new shiny polished dagger with zero scratch in it and lot of hope and confidence on your map!
Map is only an approximation of territory (in our case its dynamically ever shifting territory!).

I look forward to listen and learn from you @Anirban and others too!

'Algo trading' could be a fussy definition on what is being automated...

1. I think automating risk management is good way to go.
2. but automating entry and exits alone won't work.

Two simple lines... but for line #1 to work one need a ton of knowledge IMO.

bpr

according to me
If a manual system is profitable then the algo should also be profitable.
if it is not then there could be 2 reasons
the algo does not properly implement the actual system
or the algo is implemented properly but the system is not able to execute it properly due to various reasons.

In both the cases it all boils down to the algo platform if the algo platform is good enough then all profitable strategy can be converted to algo.

according to me
If a manual system is profitable then the algo should also be profitable.
if it is not then there could be 2 reasons
the algo does not properly implement the actual system
or the algo is implemented properly but the system is not able to execute it properly due to various reasons.

In both the cases it all boils down to the algo platform if the algo platform is good enough then all profitable strategy can be converted to algo.
Dear I am not here for arguments neither have personal interest to discourage for anything. In my personal opnion one must not participate in derivative/algo trading if his trading capital is less than 5 lakh.

Lot of people venture in this field to loose their all earnings. We had used algo for our own religiously but without any gain.

BRP where do u live? If in kolkata you could visit my place and check the algo trading results. Since it is our own firm there were zero brokerage charges neither there were hidden charges or clearing member charges. But my quest is with such privilege if we could not get succeeded how do a retail trader will get success with so many obstacles like brokerage/hidden charges etc ?

However if you are so interested in this field, I can offer you zero brokerage account to back test your strategies. Only thing you have to pay Omnisys dealer terminal charges.