Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Could you please share your experience
I have used at least 50 API including OMNISYS/SYMPHONY.

In trading Market its results are somehow good. But in my personal front I don't recommend others. However if you wish to have a taste of it, you may contact Wisdom Capital by paying terminal charges to Omnisys something 6000/month + taxes (approx not aware exact charges).

If these plans were successful, whats the use in selling systems to others?

for mankind:confused: Huh:D

onlinegtrash

For God sake don't go for algo trading, its useless.

I have used a lot of algos.

Rest its upto you. Finally its your money.

regards
do you mean algos are beyond the technical capabilities of retail traders?
i.e algos need dedicated team of Ph.Ds and retail traders just don't have enough brain horse power to pull off the stunt?

or

Algos are pointless for anyone including Ph.D s except for market makers and big institutions with army of quants?

do you mean algos are beyond the technical capabilities of retail traders?
i.e algos need dedicated team of Ph.Ds and retail traders just don't have enough brain horse power to pull off the stunt?

or

Algos are pointless for anyone including Ph.D s except for market makers and big institutions with army of quants?
Even Albert Einstein tried predicting the stock markets and lost most of his nobel prize money . He said "I can predict the movement of stars and heavenly bodies but I cannot predict the madness of men " . Such is the complexity of the stock market. And everyone knows the fact that only big institutions make money through an army of speculators not an army of quants.

Cubt

Algo Trader
I have used at least 50 API including OMNISYS/SYMPHONY.

In trading Market its results are somehow good. But in my personal front I don't recommend others. However if you wish to have a taste of it, you may contact Wisdom Capital by paying terminal charges to Omnisys something 6000/month + taxes (approx not aware exact charges).

If these plans were successful, whats the use in selling systems to others?

for mankind:confused: Huh:D
okay, i got it now. so i guess you used others system. As you were not aware of drawdown and other factors of these systems, you couldn't trade it successfully? You do not have your own back tested system and thats the reason for failure??

okay, i got it now. so i guess you used others system. As you were not aware of drawdown and other factors of these systems, you couldn't trade it successfully? You do not have your own back tested system and thats the reason for failure??
Dear, I have more than 10000 systems (AFLS/Metatrader/Metastock Formulas). Having family membership of NSE.

I have written whatever felt from the core of my heart. Rest upto you. Its your money.

bye. tc.

Dear, I have more than 10000 systems (AFLS/Metatrader/Metastock Formulas). Having family membership of NSE.

I have written whatever felt from the core of my heart. Rest upto you. Its your money.

bye. tc.
Sorry if it sounds derogatory, if you coundn't be successful with auto trading doesnt mean nobody else can. It would be helpful if you could touch upon the points where you failed, it will help everyone improve.

The fact that you have 10000 systems means that once you yourself believed in algo trading, tell us where did it go all wrong.

Hope you take it in the same spirit in which i m writing this.

Thanks,
Purusharth

it is on an average 60 to 70% per year, backtested for the period of 2010 to 2012.
Dear Cubt,

Please elaborate it a little. Is it over capital or exposure, if over capital then what leverage have you used while calculating.

Please touch upon the money management rules of yours. How much positions do you take (like 20 open).

Thanks

bpr

bye. tc.
@Anirban,

Cubt has created the system on his own not bought/rent it from somebody else. How many system out off this 10000 created by you?Hope you get my point.

Hi Anirban,

Can u share the reasons for not going for Autotrading, since you have already done on several platforms. It will be usefull for us, and may be we can check with Symphony if they have already filled those loopholes.

@Cubt,

I am facing a lot of issues for datafeed, Manshi and other cheap one will work for sure, but i have had bitter experience with them, Neotrade is good, but they dont supprt VPS, last is GDFL they support VPS, but need to pay 1yr subscription upfront. Symphony didn't give any datafeed option like they did to u:(

In general i wanted to ask u guys, which benchmarking parameter to look for when backtesting a strategy.

Regards

Regards