Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

toughard

Nice to see lot of traders sharing opinion on algos here..
Lets not just fight on the title of the book... lets get in to the details of algo trading...

I have noticed many questions like-

I contacted symphony and they told its just a tool but you have to aim it. & they have no profitable strategies with them.
Why biggest of biggest banks and prop desk losing money, if this was possible?
it was very horrible saga on turtle trading!
why goldman sachss sinks?
why vijay mistry of HSBC struggling?
MF’s are failing even after have lot of money?
JPM AM company gone in rounds?

Agreed that most of the common traders (99.5%) failed in HFT's and ALGO's...
Many more Big Institutions failed even after spending tons of cash developing those....

everyone have their own reasons like... disclosures.. approvals... counter strategies.. pirates... short lived tactics...
size of funds... market breadth.. just an automating... lake of simplicity, RMS, control ect ect

I have a mixed feeling... nothing is impossible...

Cubt if you have a good strategy then people will be ready to BUY it from you.. lot from Mumbai... if you don't sell it... they obtain it by other sources... soon or later it will stop working if it employed with huge funds...
this is the fate of any algo's anywhere in the world... like Lao Tzu said "Man's enemies are not demons, but human beings like himself" algos fight algos on HFT platforms..
when this happens then the Statisticians, quant masters have the high paid jobs... only to fight with other side which is filled with same set of people..... survival of the fittest...

Holy grail is not there in the maker bcz people are seed eating

till then good luck...keep rocking

Last edited:

toughard

Dk,

If u opt for symphony presto algo platform they can provide u datafeed n vps, but if u want to integrate amibroker n trade based on signals u need to have ur own data feed n vps. And I dont have much knowledge about any specific benchmark for backtesting reports

Cubt how about scaling... have you got anything like slice order mechanism in place? can you publish your paper trades

If people like Luv_Stocks comes in to picture then it would be great...

Last edited:

Cubt

Algo Trader
Nice to see lot of traders sharing opinion on algos here..
Lets not just fight on the title of the book... lets get in to the details of algo trading...

I have noticed many questions like-

I contacted symphony and they told its just a tool but you have to aim it. & they have no profitable strategies with them.
Why biggest of biggest banks and prop desk losing money, if this was possible?
it was very horrible saga on turtle trading!
why goldman sachss sinks?
why vijay mistry of HSBC struggling?
MF’s are failing even after have lot of money?
JPM AM company gone in rounds?

Agreed that most of the common traders (99.5%) failed in HFT's and ALGO's...
Many more Big Institutions failed even after spending tons of cash developing those....

everyone have their own reasons like... disclosures.. approvals... counter strategies.. pirates... short lived tactics...
size of funds... market breadth.. just an automating... lake of simplicity, RMS, control ect ect

I have a mixed feeling... nothing is impossible...

Cubt if you have a good strategy then people will be ready to BUY it from you.. lot from Mumbai... if you don't sell it... they obtain it by other sources... soon or later it will stop working if it employed with huge funds...
this is the fate of any algo's anywhere in the world... like Lao Tzu said "Man's enemies are not demons, but human beings like himself" algos fight algos on HFT platforms..
when this happens then the Statisticians, quant masters have the high paid jobs... only to fight with other side which is filled with same set of people..... survival of the fittest...

Holy grail is not there in the maker bcz people are seed eating

till then good luck...keep rocking
Good to see many discussions about algo, I did not do much research on algo trading or HFTs, am least bothered about it. I have been trading since my college days from 2008. Just like 90% of traders, I have blown my account thrice, speculated, traded Options and lost lacs in a day, did not even understand what is Technical Analysis, risk reward ratio, money management, etc..

Later as years passed I was able to understand one by one, and started trading with knowledge and I have been successful in that.

Now my point is if i can successfully trade manually with the same setup that i have been doing, why cant I be successful if I automate the same? :annoyed:

When I manually enter, modify and exit the trades, there would be couple of seconds of delay when I complete entering 15 to 20 trades. If I could automate the same, all 20 to 30 trades can be executed in micro seconds which increases the probability of getting the best price. There will be substantial difference between a manual trader's order fill and algo trader orders fill.

Only reason I opted for algo/automated trading is because of faster execution of orders and manual order entry errors can be avoided.

Cubt

Algo Trader

Cubt how about scaling... have you got anything like slice order mechanism in place? can you publish your paper trades

If people like Luv_Stocks comes in to picture then it would be great...
If I trade in Cash segment, then placing 1000's in order quantity needs to be sliced to get the best fill. Since am trading in futures, i dont need to worry about it as i trade in just one lot, even if i wanted to scale up I will not reinvest my entire profits in the same algo. I would diversify into other different strategy.

toughard

Good to see many discussions about algo, I did not do much research on algo trading or HFTs, am least bothered about it. I have been trading since my college days from 2008. Just like 90% of traders, I have blown my account thrice, speculated, traded Options and lost lacs in a day, did not even understand what is Technical Analysis, risk reward ratio, money management, etc..

Later as years passed I was able to understand one by one, and started trading with knowledge and I have been successful in that.

Now my point is if i can successfully trade manually with the same setup that i have been doing, why cant I be successful if I automate the same? :annoyed:

When I manually enter, modify and exit the trades, there would be couple of seconds of delay when I complete entering 15 to 20 trades. If I could automate the same, all 20 to 30 trades can be executed in micro seconds which increases the probability of getting the best price. There will be substantial difference between a manual trader's order fill and algo trader orders fill.

Only reason I opted for algo/automated trading is because of faster execution of orders and manual order entry errors can be avoided.

Then it's NOT ALGO HFT OR ANYTHING its just a simple automation that you have done with you trading strategy!

For this why you need all the set ups that you are using presently... what ever you have done it can be done with 1500 per month... there are few excellent vendors for that....

Most important thing you don't need automation broker at all... all brokers will do... no one will know that you are automated your triggers not even your broker... its a an external API that is planted at your personal system and you can use excel, amibroker, meta, nest trader what ever you like and integrate it with NOW, NEST, NEAT, ODIN ect ect

Cubt

Algo Trader

Then it's NOT ALGO HFT OR ANYTHING its just a simple automation that you have done with you trading strategy!

For this why you need all the set ups that you are using presently... what ever you have done it can be done with 1500 per month... there are few excellent vendors for that....

Most important thing no one will know that you are automated your triggers not even your broker... its a an external API that is planted at your personal system and you can use excel, amibroker, meta, nest trader what ever you like and integrate it with NOW, NEST, NEAT, ODIN ect ect

Auto Trading is done through Symphony's algo application presto where they convert the strategy into algorithm n trades r executed based on the algorithm. That's it.

And I have gone through those vendors who provide auto trading with 1500 per month, the disadvantage is that I need to arrange data feed, need to have my own server, above all 100% of execution is not at all guaranteed.

Thats why I have paid higher amount and opted for symphony.

dell

Most important thing you don't need automation broker at all... all brokers will do... no one will know that you are automated your triggers not even your broker... its a an external API that is planted at your personal system and you can use excel, amibroker, meta, nest trader what ever you like and integrate it with NOW, NEST, NEAT, ODIN ect ect

can u plz , share more information on it ,
like we using optical fibre network( for continous net connection ) / amibroker /gfdl datafeed/nest and want to automate our strategy than which external api is needed , it's price , advantages and drawbacks like where it fails ...........

Last edited:

toughard

Auto Trading is done through Symphony's algo application presto where they convert the strategy into algorithm n trades r executed based on the algorithm. That's it.

And I have gone through those vendors who provide auto trading with 1500 per month, the disadvantage is that I need to arrange data feed, need to have my own server, above all 100% of execution is not at all guaranteed.

Thats why I have paid higher amount and opted for symphony.

Can you list out the vendors that you have tried?

toughard

can u plz , share more information on it ,
like we using optical fibre network( for continous net connection ) / amibroker /gfdl datafeed/nest and want to automate our strategy than which external api is needed , it's price , advantages and drawbacks like where it fails ...........
1st - you don't need any server...
2nd - they give cracked ami with free segment data
3rd - need trading plat form like now from your end
4th - 1300- 1500 per month
5th - enrty based on close of the signal bar or next bar close
6th - target based exits
7th - quantity based exits
8th - points based stops
9th - % based stops
10th - portfolio design with MM
11th - RMS to shut the algo when you reach loss limit
12th - Fully automated- semi automated - paper trading (trading live to back test your strategy with false trigger)
13th - auto login after power resumes (after power cut)
14th - auto close all the trade by fixed time ( intraday trades)
15th - long only trades options ( for options)
16th - carry forward order pending triggers ( for positional )
17th - they have their own successful strategies
18th - tiny application
19th - TSL and Entry trails are on the way
20th - LIVE P&L analytics