4th - 1300- 1500 per month
5th - enrty based on close of the signal bar or next bar close
6th - target based exits
7th - quantity based exits
8th - points based stops
9th - % based stops
10th - portfolio design with MM
11th - RMS to shut the algo when you reach loss limit
12th - Fully automated- semi automated - paper trading (trading live to back test your strategy with false trigger)
13th - auto login after power resumes (after power cut)
14th - auto close all the trade by fixed time ( intraday trades)
15th - long only trades options ( for options)
16th - carry forward order pending triggers ( for positional )
17th - they have their own successful strategies
18th - tiny application
19th - TSL and Entry trails are on the way
20th - LIVE P&L analytics
Thats nice!

Can you elaborate... like which vendor?

Cubt

Algo Trader
1st - you don't need any server...
So they install on our machine? Do they provide any server where the auto trade app, datafeed app n nest can be installed in the server, so that we dont need to worry about power failure n internet disconnection issues.

The vendors I contacted provided all those points u mentioned but above all they said I neee to arrange my own server, I was able to arrange it. But none of the authorized data vendor like gdfl supports server based data feed, I contacted gdfl and they confirmed that. But recently they launched a annual package which works on servers.

But to opt for server/Vps, I need at least 25k per year and for data feed another 12k minimum, plus 1500 per month for auto trade software which is 18000 per year. Totally I need to pay, 55k per year to keep my system up n running all year without any issues. But still the vendor is not ready to sign any contract with the customers.

Some vendors are ready to give their servers for additional charge with a condition that we will not be given access to the server. Then wats the use???

paying 55k per year for a vendor which doesn't even guarantee 100% execution and not ready to sign any legal contract and 90% of them are not authorised at all.

Whereas I pay 42k per year license fee for symphony which provides datafeed n server as well. And you can sign a legal contract with the company's CEO.

In order to get the results u see in back test in live environment, first thing you need is 100% execution with less slippages.

Auto trading without a server is not a auto trading at all. Forget it.

toughard

So they install on our machine? Do they provide any server where the auto trade app, datafeed app n nest can be installed in the server, so that we dont need to worry about power failure n internet disconnection issues.

The vendors I contacted provided all those points u mentioned but above all they said I neee to arrange my own server, I was able to arrange it. But none of the authorized data vendor like gdfl supports server based data feed, I contacted gdfl and they confirmed that. But recently they launched a annual package which works on servers.

But to opt for server/Vps, I need at least 25k per year and for data feed another 12k minimum, plus 1500 per month for auto trade software which is 18000 per year. Totally I need to pay, 55k per year to keep my system up n running all year without any issues. But still the vendor is not ready to sign any contract with the customers.

Some vendors are ready to give their servers for additional charge with a condition that we will not be given access to the server. Then wats the use???

paying 55k per year for a vendor which doesn't even guarantee 100% execution and not ready to sign any legal contract and 90% of them are not authorised at all.

Whereas I pay 42k per year license fee for symphony which provides datafeed n server as well. And you can sign a legal contract with the company's CEO.

In order to get the results u see in back test in live environment, first thing you need is 100% execution with less slippages.

Auto trading without a server is not a auto trading at all. Forget it.
please refer point no 13 on power cut... you are right on AUTO and platform but not on ALGO.. thats the point I was stressing... AUTO is execution... ALGO is Decision.... unfortunately lot of Trade Automation companies called as ALGO companies where they fail just to incorporate complex data sets for analyzing in backend servers...
Any way you got what you wanted so no point in other discussion on platforms... just looking forward for your trades...:thumb:

bpr

Dear I am not here for arguments neither have personal interest to discourage for anything. In my personal opnion one must not participate in derivative/algo trading if his trading capital is less than 5 lakh.

Lot of people venture in this field to loose their all earnings. We had used algo for our own religiously but without any gain.

BRP where do u live? If in kolkata you could visit my place and check the algo trading results. Since it is our own firm there were zero brokerage charges neither there were hidden charges or clearing member charges. But my quest is with such privilege if we could not get succeeded how do a retail trader will get success with so many obstacles like brokerage/hidden charges etc ?

However if you are so interested in this field, I can offer you zero brokerage account to back test your strategies. Only thing you have to pay Omnisys dealer terminal charges.
@Anirban
Not here for argument either :), my points are for open discussion to all.
I agree for algo minimum account size has to be 5 lakh. I think 10 lakh is better.
I understand ur concern for retail traders but risk is everywhere be it manual or algo.

Not Kolkata but nearby, I am from BBSR ,Odisha but now in overseas. If I visit Kolkata in future may be we can meet.

Yes I am interested. I will PM you,we will take it from their.
EDIT: unable to PM you as your PM not enabled.

Last edited:

looser89

has anybody doing automatic trading in secure bank automatic trading. what is order execution delay , slippage or any other issues they face. please give review their overall cost is less than symphony

Algo

Then it's NOT ALGO HFT OR ANYTHING its just a simple automation that you have done with you trading strategy!

For this why you need all the set ups that you are using presently... what ever you have done it can be done with 1500 per month... there are few excellent vendors for that....

Most important thing you don't need automation broker at all... all brokers will do... no one will know that you are automated your triggers not even your broker... its a an external API that is planted at your personal system and you can use excel, amibroker, meta, nest trader what ever you like and integrate it with NOW, NEST, NEAT, ODIN ect ect

Officially, any order executed without manual intervention is algo trading. Also, automated generation of signals is not Algo trading. So in a way what you said, in legal terms it is absolutely opposite. Also, HFT is not equal to Algo Trading and Algo Trading is not equal to HFT. What Cubt is doing what i have been doing for the last 2 years with Symphony, in the live market. Automating my Alpha Seeking Strategy, which is in technical terms an Algo Logic approved by NSE. There is primarily no difference between Algo Trading & Automated Trading.

toughard

Officially, any order executed without manual intervention is algo trading. Also, automated generation of signals is not Algo trading. So in a way what you said, in legal terms it is absolutely opposite. Also, HFT is not equal to Algo Trading and Algo Trading is not equal to HFT. What Cubt is doing what i have been doing for the last 2 years with Symphony, in the live market. Automating my Alpha Seeking Strategy, which is in technical terms an Algo Logic approved by NSE. There is primarily no difference between Algo Trading & Automated Trading.

can you please list the process for NSE approvals and the criteria?
thanks

toughard

Dear Cubt .. please do share your trade updates if time permits...

Good to see many discussions about algo, I did not do much research on algo trading or HFTs, am least bothered about it. I have been trading since my college days from 2008. Just like 90% of traders, I have blown my account thrice, speculated, traded Options and lost lacs in a day, did not even understand what is Technical Analysis, risk reward ratio, money management, etc..

Later as years passed I was able to understand one by one, and started trading with knowledge and I have been successful in that.

Now my point is if i can successfully trade manually with the same setup that i have been doing, why cant I be successful if I automate the same? :annoyed:

When I manually enter, modify and exit the trades, there would be couple of seconds of delay when I complete entering 15 to 20 trades. If I could automate the same, all 20 to 30 trades can be executed in micro seconds which increases the probability of getting the best price. There will be substantial difference between a manual trader's order fill and algo trader orders fill.

Only reason I opted for algo/automated trading is because of faster execution of orders and manual order entry errors can be avoided.
I am thoroughly enjoying reading this thread ... its really great to see really successful traders give a real shake up to algorithmic trading.

Great point Cubt! My point of view is that automation in our world in any domain is undisputed. Algorithmic trading is very simply just automation of trading. With speed of the markets increasing as well as trading hours increasing, successful traders will have to learn to play with automation / algorithmic tools.

Other than this automation has a lot of other benefits to a trader like helping him / her manage their emotions, helping them from not needing to monitor markets continuously, making traders error free, etc.

Love to hear more ....

Algo Trading In Indian Markets