Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

bpr

Vps, symphony will take care of Vps and data feed. I dont need to arrange that..

When I contacted composite, they said I neee to have Nism certification and authorised dealer account, now I have cleared Nism certification but composite person said as per latest regulations we neither need dealer account nor nism certification. However they said thy will officially get it confirmed in a weeks time.
this is fantastic. These are useless barriers for retail traders trying to get into algo.
I hope this goes away for good.

Vertigo_1985

Best part about simulated trading with symphony is, its a exact ditto of live environment. So at whatever price its getting executed in paper trading, 99% chance is that the same would occur in live as well.

So paper trading profit/loss is including slippages.
when r u gng live ?

Hi Cubt,

I would like to know your backtesting results with the strategy, if you have already taken slippages into account during backtesting then hw much.

If u dont mind.

Thanks,
Purusharth

Hi Cubt,

Good to see you doing Algo trading.
I wanted to know do you have to run the trading software( Ex Nest or whatever software Symphony provides) in your computer or that itself runs in the Symphony servers?

Thanks,
Akhilesh

toughard

@cubt...

the algo runs without price candles?
We need price history for any indicator... and even to calculate support and resistance we need previous price candles... I don't understand how algo can work without history of some sorts...

dear cubt.. hope you missed it!

dear cubt.. hope you missed it!
I already explained that the algo doesnot take past data into consideration and works on intraday levels only. Their platform on which the algo performs doesnt support backfill.

If one needs to use indicators then you can opt for amibroker based integration.

Thanks,
Purusharth

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi Cubt,

Good to see you doing Algo trading.
I wanted to know do you have to run the trading software( Ex Nest or whatever software Symphony provides) in your computer or that itself runs in the Symphony servers?

Thanks,
Akhilesh
Software will be running on their server

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi Cubt,

I would like to know your backtesting results with the strategy, if you have already taken slippages into account during backtesting then hw much.

If u dont mind.

Thanks,
Purusharth
it is on an average 60 to 70% per year, backtested for the period of 2010 to 2012.