Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

Their is still a controversy fr 5 year on which is cheap ad best. I hv a account with citi bank . Cn any body lell me
Is their services cheap or reasonable. As i m new to this market. Ad i hv to start investing in mf

Will appriciate you early response

Tnk suresh

I HAD OPENED AN a/C IN GEOJIT BNP PARIBAS...I PAID NIL AS BECAUSE I TOOK THEIR FREE PERIOD OFFER.Only have to transfer Rs10000 within 15days after opening an account or trade for Rs10000...brokerage charge only .03% intra and .3% delivery..

I have been trading with Geojit for 4 years and also have an account with Sharekhan. My preference is Geojit as the brokerage is cheaper and customer service experience has been better than Sharekhan. The problem with big brokerages is there are too many customers and hence you are just one of them. With small brokerages, you get customer service on a personal level.

hello everyone
after going through all the discussed topics above i realised one think tat u have left geojit from the traders list.. it is in this field from 23 years they have lowest brokerage plus they were the first one in india to launch online trading their trading platform is called flip and is one of the best in the industry n then they dont charge anything extra for the software.. till july 31st they have free ac opening which means no charges for opening ur demat or trading ac plus nil amc charges for 2010-2011.. this u can avail with 10000 in ur trading ac.. the online platform has three forms gold, lite and platinum which runs on different configurations like, lite is good for old pc plus slow internet connections. gold is web based platform which is as good as offline platform ,.. n their is platiem version which is application based.. any more details needed u can call me on 9538177153 or email me on [email protected]

hello everyone
after going through all the discussed topics above i realised one think tat u have left geojit from the traders list.. it is in this field from 23 years they have lowest brokerage plus they were the first one in india to launch online trading their trading platform is called flip and is one of the best in the industry n then they dont charge anything extra for the software.. till july 31st they have free ac opening which means no charges for opening ur demat or trading ac plus nil amc charges for 2010-2011.. this u can avail with 10000 in ur trading ac.. the online platform has three forms gold, lite and platinum which runs on different configurations like, lite is good for old pc plus slow internet connections. gold is web based platform which is as good as offline platform ,.. n their is platiem version which is application based.. any more details needed u can call me on 9538177153 or email me on [email protected]
On the face of this it appeared that it is a good offer, but when I read further that we have to keep 10,000 in my trading a/c it appears to be too costly. The opportunity lost on keeping this money idle without earning would be around Rs 1200, even if I calculate @12%. It is better I pay some account opening charge of around 300 for demat a/c and start with the broker of my choice.

i have experiance with many firms initially i find charts of sharekhan to be faraway better. for brokerage negotate hard to let them come to 2 to 3 paisa.
if volume high go with rkglobal 999pm plan or www.halfpaisaonly.com
rememembre in mkt it is said here people having money comes to deal with people having exp&wisdom and in process they have exp &wisdom & LOOSE THE MONEY. once got enough expertise all brks will give u best terms they can bcome profit sharing & without brokerage too. anyway for starters go with sharekhan and try to learn hard . best of luck.:)

i have experiance with many firms initially i find charts of sharekhan to be faraway better. for brokerage negotate hard to let them come to 2 to 3 paisa.
if volume high go with rkglobal 999pm plan or www.halfpaisaonly.com
rememembre in mkt it is said here people having money comes to deal with people having exp&wisdom and in process they have exp &wisdom & LOOSE THE MONEY. once got enough expertise all brks will give u best terms they can bcome profit sharing & without brokerage too. anyway for starters go with sharekhan and try to learn hard . best of luck.:)
Sharekhan is too costly. I believe a trader with decent volume should always be sensitive to the price of a transaction. I found Sharekhan to be very costly, there are many brokerages that offer best technology and a good service at a reasonable price. Sharekhan is living in a different world, wake-up things have changed, and they need to bring their price down. Online brokerage should be lower than a relationship based brokerage!!!

Kotak securities seems to be very pathetic in terms of charges they promise and what they actually charge. I was given in written at the time of account opening that there won't be no minimum brokerage condition. In welcome kit, they said minimum 22 rs brokerage would be charged on both side........I have been trying to close my account for last 3 weeks and getting very bad experience with the service. Stay away from KOTAK

alroyraj

Kotak securities seems to be very pathetic in terms of charges they promise and what they actually charge. I was given in written at the time of account opening that there won't be no minimum brokerage condition. In welcome kit, they said minimum 22 rs brokerage would be charged on both side........I have been trying to close my account for last 3 weeks and getting very bad experience with the service. Stay away from KOTAK
Brokerages are very innovative is levying minimum charges:
Example

Minimum brokerage per share: 5 paisa or percentage brokerage rate charged
Minimum brokerage per order per leg: Rs 9 RKG , Rs 14 in Reliance, Rs 22 Kotak
Minimum brokerage per contract note: Rs 30 in Angel.

Each has different threshold even per share eg Rs 100 in Indiabulls. Rs 80 in Angel, Rs 10 in Prabhudas Lilladher.

Brokerages having higher volumes will have lower charges and will hopefully charge lower per order atleast. Hence go for the top brokers popular here on Traderji so you can learn from people's experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.