Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i m going to open demat a/c (offline)in anand rathi .the opening charge is 550+299.
They are saying that if i pay margin money of 10k....i wil nOt hav to pay any opening charge(550+299).

1. is IT RIGHT ?
2. can i withdraw my money back after i get my a/c open.?
3. can i transfer is to online a/c after 10 days?
4. how is trading software.?
5. can anyone tell me is online trading is good in anand rathi.?

plz guide me

Compared to KEAT,Odin is better.In fact it is the best terminal presently.
The important factors to make the comparison is the speed of execution of the orders ,timely quotes and fast order modification. I heard that KEAT has delayed quotes,also banks has limited bandwidth for trading usually.

Anand rathi offers a better brokerage for you,so better to stick to it.
Kotak is not competitive since it is a bank based brokerage they will not usually lower it below 0.03% intraday /0.3% deli.

Also the per lot brokerage is very good at 20Rs. Go for it.
Prepaid brokerage is decent if you can access it 0.01% intraday. It is better since you are not forced to trade and you can breakeven on trades faster and spend lesser time in any trade. It is excellent. In Sharekhan for 600oyou would get 0.03% intraday rate and Indiabulls bangalore forget about it you need 1 lakh prepaid brokerage for this rate. So enjoy!
I think odin is the terminal made for dealers so it must be bit faster and highly technical and not for customers and is chargeable whereas keat is for normal investors and so free of charge. I have A/C with Kotak Securities since 2008 and I am happy with their service. I guess they can also provide lower rate if customers trade high volumes. In my opinion brokerage should not be only factor if you are choosing the broker.

anayash

hi,
i m going to open demat a/c (offline)in anand rathi .the opening charge is 550+299.
They are saying that if i pay margin money of 10k....i wil nOt hav to pay any opening charge(550+299).

1. is IT RIGHT ?

plz guide me
1. Yes...most brokers ask for higher amount deposits to wave off the opening charges.
2. Yes...u can withdraw your money after a few days of a/c opening.
3. can u be a li'l more clear with this question?
4.no idea abt. anand rathi's trading software. IMO, currently ODIN Diet is the best terminal for online trading. Angel Broking & Religare do provide ODIN Diet. Dunno abt others.

hi,

1. is IT RIGHT ?

plz guide me
dont go with anandrathi.they do not provide odin diet.their software is useless.rather go for sharekhan,angel,kotak,karvy.i also quited anandrathi and opened equity a/c in kotak .and commodity a/c in karvy.

dont go with anandrathi.they do not provide odin diet.their software is useless.rather go for sharekhan,angel,kotak,karvy.i also quited anandrathi and opened equity a/c in kotak .and commodity a/c in karvy.
What made you choose Karvy for commodities instead of Kotak Commodities? Did you find anything bad with Kotak?

alroyraj

What made you choose Karvy for commodities instead of Kotak Commodities? Did you find anything bad with Kotak?
I think Karvy has good coverage of commodities. Besides it uses Odin. As it is there were enough complaints about Kotak having delayed quotes in KEAT,not sure if they use the same for commodities too. Commodities require a knowledgeable RM to monitor forex rates, inventory etc.

Last edited:
hi smartboy,kotak is good but brokerage is high.also kotak is bank based security company .they are much bound to rules.they do not provide much daily margin for trade.karvy is in security/commodity business for long time ago.their research and analysis is awesome.their RM's are knowledgeble.they provide odin diet for commodity.also give daily margin 3 times. I worked with india infoline, &anandrathi.both are useless

Kotak commodities also gives Odin diet for a monthly charge.

Plz tell me more about this delayed quotes problem you always speak about KEAT Pro. Is this your own personal experience trading with them and how long back was that?

IMO, anyone who isn't capable of trading on his own analysis and research and is dependent upon RM's and Broker's tips has no business trading such highly leveraged and volatile markets like commodities and forex.

hi smartboy,kotak is good but brokerage is high.also kotak is bank based security company .they are much bound to rules.they do not provide much daily margin for trade.karvy is in security/commodity business for long time ago.their research and analysis is awesome.their RM's are knowledgeble.they provide odin diet for commodity.also give daily margin 3 times. I worked with india infoline, &anandrathi.both are useless
Kotak commodities offered me 2 paisa brokerage for intraday applicable on one side and 2 paisa on settlement trades on both sides. This is without any prepaid brokerage or volume commitment. How much lower is Karvy charging you for intraday and interday trades?

What is this daily margin to trade you speak of that Kotak commodities does not give ? daily margin of 3 times? I thought commodities did only require daily margin as stipulated by MCX and NCDEX and is applicable to all brokerage firms. Do you mean Karvy does not charge you 4 % daily margin money for a gold contract but only 1.33 %?

Kotak commodities does provide Odin diet for a monthly charge but it is waived off if you give them good volumes. Does Karvy provide it for free to all its customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.