SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

Dear SH,
Please look this chart and guide to solve some basic doubt .....

I maybe wrong but here is what i believe..

SH's Swing Trading Strategy is a Trend following method and which wouldnt work or you can saw give whip saws in a non trending market..

The best way to identify a trend is by looking at the slope of the EMA..

In the chart you provided, it clearly shows that there is no trend here and so its wise to wait..

Remember, there is no Holy Grail and you have to use YOUR on the spot judgements and knowledge.. Charts could show whatever you want to see and so we need to be really careful.. Also it's alright if we dont trade sometimes.. The best trades are the ones that comes out of the chart(your setup) and ones that we have to find.. If you think you have to find a trade then its best to believe that there is no trade..

Thanks

SaravananKS

I maybe wrong but here is what i believe..

SH's Swing Trading Strategy is a Trend following method and which wouldnt work or you can saw give whip saws in a non trending market..

The best way to identify a trend is by looking at the slope of the EMA..

In the chart you provided, it clearly shows that there is no trend here and so its wise to wait..

Remember, there is no Holy Grail and you have to use YOUR on the spot judgements and knowledge.. Charts could show whatever you want to see and so we need to be really careful.. Also it's alright if we dont trade sometimes.. The best trades are the ones that comes out of the chart(your setup) and ones that we have to find.. If you think you have to find a trade then its best to believe that there is no trade..

Thanks
Yes I agree that Sh Swing is Trend Following one it may get whipsaws in range bound market. But as a follower of system one needs some set rules to take the trade or not.

I can show lot of examples when a system gave wonderful trades after some whipsaws.

Yes from judgement and knowledge one can skip such trades if one has such capabilities then a simple MA cross over system ( with any Parameter) would gave very good profits then sh swing .

From Layman Point of view one good trading system should have clear cut rules to handle such difficult situations.

So we need some additional conditions to improve the system. other wise any serious trader who is following the system would stop trading and the trading system would hang in midway :mad:

Yes I agree that Sh Swing is Trend Following one it may get whipsaws in range bound market. But as a follower of system one needs some set rules to take the trade or not.

I can show lot of examples when a system gave wonderful trades after some whipsaws.

Yes from judgement and knowledge one can skip such trades if one has such capabilities then a simple MA cross over system ( with any Parameter) would gave very good profits then sh swing .

From Layman Point of view one good trading system should have clear cut rules to handle such difficult situations.

So we need some additional conditions to improve the system. other wise any serious trader who is following the system would stop trading and the trading system would hang in midway :mad:

True as there is nothing like HOLY GRAIL, no system is perfect... Every system will have whipsaws.. That is why its difficult to do mechanical trading(until and unless you have real good money management and risk reward ratio).. You are required to use your knowledge for making spot on decisions and decide for yourself if you wanna trade or not..

I believe for any system to work, you need PROPER AND STRICT MONEY MANAGEMENT.. You would be dead and washed out without it; no matter how good and successful the system is..

SaravananKS

Since SH Contribution is very limited in recent days So People are beginning to put their own rules and observations

So success and failure based on their knowledge only it is not related to SH swing

Since SH Contribution is very limited in recent days So People are beginning to put their own rules and observations

So success and failure based on their knowledge only it is not related to SH swing
I read that is a sign of a good trader.

A good trader is not someone who just follows but learns whats around and tweaks according to his style and rules. That is the reason why everyone knows Dow Theory and everyone reads the same books and same systems and uses same MAs and all and still there are only few good traders.

Anyways i think i will keep posting any particular studies according to this strategy here and would welcome any analysis and suggestions regarding them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have been mostly away because I was shifting my house out of India.

I am not sure if this was share here but after the horrendous months of June and July I have changed the TF for this system as 15 minutes with no GFZ rules

GFZ is anyways not hitting on 1.5% band due to lack of volatility.

Cheers
SH