Pride's Intra-Day Strategy [Profit Everyday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Hi Pride,

I have backtested your method for the June 2009 Series of "Minifty Futures" and the result is mind blowing :thumb:.

There have been loss trades [very rarely] and the most important thing is that there was not even a single loss day!!!! :clap: . The total points accumulated were ~1000 :clapping: , that too with only 1 lot!!!.

On an average I see there can be 3 trades in a day and very rarely once in two weeks more than 3 trades in a day. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful method. Hopefully I can make the most of it :D.

Regards,
-Sri

ag_fx

Hi Pride,

I have backtested your method for the June 2009 Series of "Minifty Futures" and the result is mind blowing

There have been loss trades [very rarely] and the most important thing is that there was not even a single loss day!!!! :clap: . The total points accumulated were ~1000 , that too with only 1 lot!!!.

On an average I see there can be 3 trades in a day and very rarely once in two weeks more than 3 trades in a day. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful method. Hopefully I can make the most of it

Regards,
-Sri
Humble,
Did you code anything like AFL? Coz if you did, probably we can use it to test cash scrips too.
If you did it manually.Well..great job dude :thumb:

Also, please tell me what data provider you using to get intraday data for past time? As in I use icharts and it shows only last 3 days of intraaday data!

Happy Trading

any body having the kst indicator along with nifty intraday chart with the 5 min long term kst.

the formula for kst is:
5-Minute Bar Long-term KST

(Mov(ROC(C,60,%),30,S)*1)+(Mov(ROC(C,90,%),40,S)*2 )+(Mov(ROC(C,120,%),60,S)*3)+(Mov(ROC(C,200,%),100 ,S)*4)

if any one having nifty live chart along with the above kst, even in the blogspot chart then please give reference. I would be greatful for your help.
here is the chart

off topic, please excuse

bandlab2

for exit strategy, is it ok to get out once 5 min stchs goes into over-bought zone in case of longs instead of waiting fo crossover?

humble

Humble,
Did you code anything like AFL? Coz if you did, probably we can use it to test cash scrips too.

Also, please tell me what data provider you using to get intraday data for past time? As in I use icharts and it shows only last 3 days of intraaday data!

Happy Trading
Hi Ankit,

Yes, I did it manually using AmiBroker and the historical data available on 4shared :). Looking forward to your assitance in applying this method. My little experience tell's me that backtesting a method and applying it live is very different and will need sometime and assistance from you guys to perfect it.

Regards,
-Sri

humble

for exit strategy, is it ok to get out once 5 min stchs goes into over-bought zone in case of longs instead of waiting fo crossover?
Hi Bandlab,

My observation during the backtesting was that, it would be good if we can wait until the bullish 5 min stoch goes below the overbought zone.

Reason being that, many a times when the script is making very small 5 min bars and the trend is upward, even for a single small bearish 5 min bar, the bullish 5 min stoch wil have a crossover. Also, if we wait until this 5 min bullish stoch to cross the overbought zone [downward] we will get additional points :).

This is my personal interpretation after the backtesting i did yesterday.

Regards,
-Sri

Another way of handling this is when the stchs goes in overbought zone,trail the profit booking level to the low of each successive bar....this way you dont keep much on the table but still make that extra buck which a strong momentum in O/B region gives you....

I have traded this method for past two days....a very neat method put togather by Pride and perfected by Ankit and now backtested by humble...well done friends...

When I try to create the stocs in Metastock,the indicator I get is a bit different from the one in Investbull.....Metastock indicator gives some addition premature intersection which investbull does not give....wondering why should this happen....probably need to change the settings a bit.....

Great going friends....

Smart_trade

Revati

Humble,

Happy Trading
Ankit,

If you subscribed to jcharts RT premium from icharts then you can increase the history with timeframe settings option (4th from top right).

Steps:
1. Click on it and set the required number of days, say 10.
2. Save preferences (2nd from bottom left)
3. Close the window and log out of the icharts
4. Go to tools->internet options in the internet explorer window and click clear history button and then OK.
5. Close the IE window and then open a new one.
6. Log into icharts and check the data.

Its better to not use more than 7-10 days because it would take time to download. Also they have intraday historical charts. The link for the same is below the chart window on the login page. Here you can select all the past data by putting in a date range, which can be used after market hours.

Thanks,
Revati

Rajadhiraj

Hello

Its good to see so much participation on this thread, the beauty of this method is the KISS principle, so while adopting modification and improvements lets always try to stick with the first principle "Keep it Simple".

The backtests by Humble showed a gain 1000 points :clapping:

I would be happy even with 1/2 or even 1/3 of that :lol:

Pride Rocks :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.