Pride's Intra-Day Strategy [Profit Everyday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Pride.

Hi Pride,

I have backtested your method for the June 2009 Series of "Minifty Futures" and the result is mind blowing

There have been loss trades [very rarely] and the most important thing is that there was not even a single loss day!!!! :clap: . The total points accumulated were ~1000 , that too with only 1 lot!!!.

On an average I see there can be 3 trades in a day and very rarely once in two weeks more than 3 trades in a day. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful method. Hopefully I can make the most of it.

Regards,
-Sri
I guess that justifies the 'proft everyday' tag I used in the title of this thread :p
but seriously, thanks for backtesting the method :)

for exit strategy, is it ok to get out once 5 min stchs goes into over-bought zone in case of longs instead of waiting fo crossover?
I think it would be premature to exit when the stoch goes into OB region as usually price keeps moving for quite some time even in that region.

Hi Bandlab,

My observation during the backtesting was that, it would be good if we can wait until the bullish 5 min stoch goes below the overbought zone.

Reason being that, many a times when the script is making very small 5 min bars and the trend is upward, even for a single small bearish 5 min bar, the bullish 5 min stoch wil have a crossover. Also, if we wait until this 5 min bullish stoch to cross the overbought zone [downward] we will get additional points :).

This is my personal interpretation after the backtesting i did yesterday.

Regards,
-Sri
You can try doing that, but as Smart_trade said, keep a trailing stoploss, as usually, the stoch crossover coincides with the peak...though is some cases, it might be profitable if the price keeps moving up even after crossover...

Satyen

Dear Pride and Stda as we are trading by the signal of moving average cross over we basicaly following trend ..... but little bit confuse about stochastic filters as dont know much about this indiacator by filtering stochastic what we trying to avoid ??

plz pardon me for silly question but if can understand the logic of the system then will be much help full hope you reply

Regards
Satya

Dear Pride and Stda as we are trading by the signal of moving average cross over we basicaly following trend ..... but little bit confuse about stochastic filters as dont know much about this indiacator by filtering stochastic what we trying to avoid ??

plz pardon me for silly question but if can understand the logic of the system then will be much help full hope you reply

Regards
Satya
Hello Satya,

This method has its success due to the fact that it filters its entries by sideways method ( 30 min stoc set up and 5 min stoc crossover ) and also by a trend following MA crossover...so when all agree we take a trade which gives a high success rate....with stocastics we are trying to avoid a long entry in short term overbought market ( and subsequent false trades/reversals )

Smart_trade

Longs triggerred. 4270
Hi did any one get that trigger... Have a look, IS my system slow.. please let me know

Guys i am not able to attach any more charts... it say my limit exceeds..

please advise

P.S. Pride and Ankit .. I did some R&D this morning .. and came to know that for cash ... i guess stoch 8,3,3 settings will be better... I have the chart for that.. but could not attach.. But i need to attach as it would be very helpful for us..

ag_fx

Hi did any one get that trigger... Have a look, IS my system slow.. please let me know

Guys i am not able to attach any more charts... it say my limit exceeds..

please advise

P.S. Pride and Ankit .. I did some R&D this morning .. and came to know that for cash ... i guess stoch 8,3,3 settings will be better... I have the chart for that.. but could not attach.. But i need to attach as it would be very helpful for us..
go to i m a g e s h a c k dot u s

and upload dere

on bottom of page post upload u will get some links
copy and paste here

Status
Not open for further replies.