Order Flow and volume profile trading

I want know how many interested and your experience

• Total voters

cloudTrader

@ mt4 trader ,

One query regarding choosing Tick Size as 1 for NIFTY_F1 .

Definition of tick by Investopedia...

The minimum price movement of a trading instrument. The price movements of different trading instruments varies. For example, if the minimum price movement of a stock is 0.01; the stock has a tick value of one cent (each tick is worth one cent for one stock). Futures markets typically have a tick size that is specific to the instrument. For example, the Russell 2000 e-mini futures contract (TF) has a tick size of .10; the value of each tick is $10.00 (each contract is worth $100 multiplied by the index).
If we go by the above definition then tick size for NIFTY_F1 will be 0.05. Then why we have to keep it as 1 in the instrument manager ?

Thanks.

cloudTrader

@ BlackBerry,

Thats a great gesture of providing the data for Bid/Ask for NF & BNF ...

BTW how did you manage to get this data in the format required by NT7 ?

Thanks.

blackberry

@ BlackBerry,

Thats a great gesture of providing the data for Bid/Ask for NF & BNF ...

BTW how did you manage to get this data in the format required by NT7 ?

Thanks.
without data how we learn so I kept running Ninjatrader whole day,and exported all ask bid data on desktop,Ninjatrader has option to export data.Does it run on others system,that I don't know.confirm me

candle 2:40,2:45,2:50 beautiful trap how we avoid it Let MT4trader give us some input

amandeep86

Whenever big sell order at low candle but market stop there means
Reversal signal.that big sell order is stoploss trigger.
Poor retail traders traped here by big boys
Does big sell order needs to be towards the low of the candle/wick or it can be scattered on wick ??

Last edited:

blackberry

@ mt4 trader ,

One query regarding choosing Tick Size as 1 for NIFTY_F1 .

Definition of tick by Investopedia...

If we go by the above definition then tick size for NIFTY_F1 will be 0.05. Then why we have to keep it as 1 in the instrument manager ?

Thanks.
May I ,I think it it because large orders are of market order type scattered over various ticks so it is better to keep them categorized in some group of tick to see where in between which tick most of these order filled.

0.05 creates too much ladders on candles and then also we try also to find out near which price level most of the order flows,it is cumbersome.so it is better to keep them in group of a tick.

Last edited:

rpsvinod

in normal conditions we can detect reversal in order flow.
two major reversals are unfinished auction and retail stoploss flush.

some times market react very strongly without any notice in OFA.
this is limitation of OFA.but there is way for it.
TPO and volume profiles gives some important level where markets react violently.
afte studying OFA over a year, i developed a system by attending many trading rooms and combined together for more profitable system.
key important is OFA ,TPO volume profile and multiple OFA charts reduce our risk.
no lagging indicators used. once you master this you never see any indicator
Hi MT4 Trader,
great going as per ur support, :thumb:some more professional tools for OFA and TPO Chart Volume Profile Analysis on below

http://fin-alg.com/products.html

RPS.VINOD

amandeep86

blackberry

Bro its not working for me .
What is the error, what is the instrument name "NIFTY_1" NIFTY_I" is different.
either make same name as in instrument manager or change the name of file accordingly.

Delete instrument and re create that.
Edit: try uncheck the checkbox labled "Generate Day bar" it will work

Last edited: