Nifty Key levels for day traders

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

Linkon
What you say seems credible at first sight. Is it right to expect such a wild move in the last three days of expiry? Here are the figures for 2009. I looked at how much did Nifty futures move from Expiry-three days close to Expiry. Almost from say Monday's close to Expiry. The figures are in % move irrespective of direction. Some are positive moves and some negative. I have taken the absolute moves which is what matters in the expiry week.

Jan 6.11
Feb 1.85
Mar 4.7
Apr 0.02
May 2.47
June 0.37
July 0.11
Aug 1.12
Sep 0.09
Oct 4.45
Nov 1.89
Dec 0.49

In 2010
Jan 2.49
Feb 0.35
Mar 0.84

As you can see 7 out of 15 times we had an almost 2%+ moves. Some data to help us trade the expiry week.
Nice...! Now i have to make some adjustments to my positions held since my expectation is that series will close between 5230 to 5375...
thanks for the info,...!

V

varun2504

can any body clear my doubt

If the open interest of a strike price increases what does it mean ?

resistance at that level or support or what

reply plz :)

linkon7

can any body clear my doubt

If the open interest of a strike price increases what does it mean ?

resistance at that level or support or what

reply plz :)
general perception is that smart money use synthetic longs or shorts to create positions. meaning they will buy a 5300 call and sell a 5300 put to create the same effect as a nifty long. Sometimes, instead of a covered call (going long on NF and shorting ATM call option), they just prefer shorting ATM put to get the same effect.

Now OI increasing at a particular strike price means that more positions are built into that particular level and that level will act at a support or resistance in the near future.

linkon7

low made 5247 from 5307 which is a 60 point drop... 38% retracement is 22.8 gives us a tgt of 5269.8

That's the ideal retracement from the bottom... and we can go short... with HOD as the SL

linkon7

This is interesting......

May 2001----nifty up
may 2002----nifty down
may 2003----nifty up
may 2004----nifty down
may 2005----nifty up
may 2006----nifty down
may 2007----nifty up
may 2008----nifty down
may 2009----nifty up...?

Status