Manish Damani

how much people is benefited by this thread

• Total voters
for me algo is a must. Because by using this i can trade in both month at the same time and there is no risk of sauda outstanding.other than this suppose the spread is loke this buyer at 700/10 and seller at 700/30 in one month and buyer at 698/10 and seller at 698/30 in other month. By applying the software i can buy buy at 700/10 and sell at 698/30. Similarly sell at 700/30 and buy at 698/10.i am doing business at rs100 on a turnover of 1 crore with risk of even loss
Sir as i am not very big trader like you so algo is not of use for me. Secondly i trade as per Ta on own judgements. So algo is of no use except trailing sl.If in between found something I will post you here.:):thumb:

DanPickUp

Sir,
Algo trading is not for big trader.in fact , it is useful for small arbitrageur. the disadvantage for big trader of this software trader is that,one side of your sauda is done according to your of discount/premium. but other side may not be fully done. for example if you offer to sell near month contract 5 lot at a particular premium /discount and correspondingly place an order to buy simultaneously,one side of your sauda is completely executed but the other side may not be fully executed, unless there is buyer and seller,so it is beneficial to small trade
@Sks100000

If you are a small arbitrageur, so where is your profit to live from as you only can make profits with more arbitrages, means volume. If you have more volume, you need low commissions and low margins. As you trade in India, this sounds a bit difficult. So where is the real profit for small arbitrageurs? :confused:

Sorry, I am a bit stupid about that. Do not get your point in detail and would appreciate if you could give a detailed example with all numbers include taxes you have to pay. That would clearly show about what you talk and how profitable it would be for small traders.

Good trading / DanPickUp

The hedgefund manager - John Paulson that you are talking about also made US$ 20 Bil. in about a year shorting the CDO (subprime bonds). The US$ 1 Bil. loss is about 5% of his earnings (not wealth).

BTW the tade was made after extensive study of the valuation of the underlying and fundamentals of the housing market, mortgage business, the banking system and the US economy. It was not chartbased!

Do read the book - The greatest trade ever. The trade took over a year to setup, and when it did, it was money flowing out of the barrel. The trade was assymetrical like an option - the loss, if any was limited, the upside 20 times more.
john paulson was a fraud, what i heard was he collaborated with goldman to dupe many institutions .

DanPickUp

john paulson was a fraud, what i heard was he collaborated with goldman to dupe many institutions .
Posting only one aspect of a persons live is not a very welcome thing, as specially every body can read it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paulson

So I request every body to post in a realistic and overall way about other, not in person present people, and not only certain aspects which can be used for any kind of manipulations and miss interpretations.

Good trading / DanPickUp

DSM

Basis your claim, John Paulson's 'collobration with Goldman' would include taking a US$ 1 Bil. loss?

It helps to check facts and do some research rather than let 'what I heard' or have an opinion without a study or reflection influence judgement.

I'm confused, Is sks a scalper or an arbitrager?! This looks like scalping to me. :?
He is arbitrager as per what he posted. Because there is some arbitrage opportunity in 2 series of same commodity. Arbitrager make small profits out of price spread difference between 2 contracts of same commodity or different commodity like zinc -lead, etc etc. So I hope you clear it. Basically people join arbitrage firms where ratio of profit share is 60:40, 50:50. But I assumed he wants his own set up for this so searching for discount brokers so save hi:)s profit share. But capital requirement is very high if want to make huge profit on capital indulged. I dont know how much monthly he is able to acquire on how much capital. But all businesses is with inherent risk/systematic risk and nothing is risk free as per me. One silly mistake in decision in arbitrage tends to very big loss also. But as I am not doing arbitrage so not itching my head much for that.:):thumb:

Sir,
Algo trading is not for big trader.in fact , it is useful for small arbitrageur. the disadvantage for big trader of this software trader is that,one side of your sauda is done according to your of discount/premium. but other side may not be fully done. for example if you offer to sell near month contract 5 lot at a particular premium /discount and correspondingly place an order to buy simultaneously,one side of your sauda is completely executed but the other side may not be fully executed, unless there is buyer and seller,so it is beneficial to small trade
Sir I am little aware of this but not upto a mark you aware. Sir we are of different risk appetite and theory. You like to trade as conservative as you can as per your different post I assumed. I take little risk to make more profit.As upto now my work is also going well till then I am satisfactory with it.I know for arbitrage algo is better as it game of few seconds. Machine do exactly what instruct. I am ready to bear some pain to get some extra profit.:):thumb:

I feel log commodity levels mein jyada ungli karte hai , look at other silver threads.....all ungli posts.......:lol:
Sab maya ka khel hai. Silver thread pai logo ki expectation jada hai.
Agar logo ka dharam chinogey to wo tumhey apna dharam banalengey.Agar tip provider ko band karogey to wo naya thread bana key naye nam say ajayengey.
Jab Jab logo nuksan karengey, tab tab unki bahwano say khelney kai naye naye tip provider attey rahengay.*********:lol:
So beaware and take care.:lol::):thumb: