Indicator-Free, Stress-Free Trading

AW10

Originally Posted by AW10
Attaching my marking on the chart.. Specially the first pattern. I see it as test of red line. Hence it is a variation of pattern II. Due to momentum price went above this, but during test of the breakout, it failed and price came back in the previous zone. As far as I see, Pattern III is continuation pattern, whereas Pattern II is reversal. (ofcourse I am assuming that on the left side of chart price showed a bullish trend. It could be very well that it showed downtrend, and we had 2 whipsaw around the redline. In that case, I will agree with marking it as pattern III).

Hope I am correct.

(This typically happens in first touch of important level where high momentum does take the price above the red line, and we don't see clear M pattern but a variation of it.).

To start with, I will suggest new traders to take Prev days High / Low as the RED line. If price has to show up-trend in daily timeframe (i.e. TF that big players are focuisng on), then we must see new high today ..and if it has to remain in range, then Prev Days high/low will act as boundry. During the day, most of the time price does test prev days range to test the mood of market participants today - Does majority want market to trend or they are not bothered hence let it remains in a range. If it has remain as range bound day, then we should see M or W pattern, else we should see break of PHOD/PLOD levels, then retracement to check if the breakout is accepted by all participants..and then continuation of move upward.

Is my suggestion OK or you have some other price level in mind.

Happy PA Trading.
first of all thnx 4 ur precious time, but i m really sorry to tell u dat i cud nt u'stand what all u were trying to convey, i m new to dis art of share tradind, so will u plz explain u in bit more simple langauge, i m really sorry if i m offending u, but wil be luking fwd to a more clearer strategy from ur side, thnx nd regards in advance
Tanhadil1984,
In short, .Pride has given 4 patterns around RED LINE. The question is What should be this red line ? Where should we draw the red line on chart ?

My answer was to use, yesterday's high price as this red line cause in my opinion, yesterday's high is important price level watched by big money. (if market is weak then we can also use yesterday's low price as this red line).

Hope it is a bit clear now else Can please highlight the part that you couldn't follow from my post and I will try to explain it further.

happy trading

Wow... :thumb:I am a newbie and I have been looking all over for a PA based strategy (as the only data I trust is price), and this one looks pretty good. Specially the point about defining the S/R lines, its just gold in my opinion. As Pride mentioned, S/R is highly subjective and hence open to all kind of interpretations. Consequently I had a tough time getting my head around this concept. But Pride`s reference points have been very useful for me. Thanks and waiting for more. I will ask questions when I have understood enough to ask some intelligent ones :D

summasumma

Thanks Pride...

4, These patterns appear in all time frames.
Which timeframe suits well for this strategy? Intraday or daily or weekly?

To eliminate this inconsistency, we will use three pre-determined levels.
1. Yesterday's High
2. Yesterday's Low
For intraday we can mark yestersday's high/low...What about for finding this pattern for daily chart? what should be used ? either last week high/low or last month?

3. Yesterday's Volume Point of Control (POC)
Can anyone tell what is the corresponding indicator for volume POC in "icharts.in" charts????

Thanks,
...summasumma.

Pride's latest post has been shifted to Post No 3 on first page of this thread on his request.....This post (meaning my post ) is for information....my post will be deleted after 2 days......

Smart_trade

.Pride.

posting it here as well as many might not go to the first page again...

--------------------------
ok..i'm back

Now that we know the patterns, lets move to the "Red Line".

The most obvious thing is that this line should be some kind of support or resistance level.
However, S&R levels are very subjective and each person will mark different levels on the same chart.

1. Yesterday's High
2. Yesterday's Low

The first two are minor S&Rs while price definitely has some reaction when it reaches the POC.

Volume POC: It is the price at which maximum volume was traded. This is a very important level and represents accumulation/distribution by large players or the price at which most of the participants find maximum value. So whenever price reaches this level the next day, there is bound to be some reaction.

Most charting applications support market profile/volume profile. Amibroker has the "Volume by Price" indicator which works just fine.

Eg. Friday's POC is at 5530.

So, now you know what to do.

Step 1. Draw yesterday's high, low and volume POC.
Step 2. Wait for price to reach these levels and form one of our patterns.
Step 3. Make money

Money Management.
1. Your reward should be a minumum of twice the size of your risk.
2. Try to enter in such a way that your stoploss is on the other side of the High/Low/POC.
3. Trail your stoploss and move it to breakeven soon.
4. Do not risk more than 1% of your equity in a single trade.

Some Advice
1. You may not get an opportunity to trade every day. That is fine. Please do not try to take unnecessary postions just because you are bored.
2. You can track multiple stocks/futures. This way, there is a higher probability of getting a good setup.
3. The markets will be there tomorrow too. Do not try to run after a trade. If you missed a good entry, wait for the next one.
5. Patterns I and III are more than enough to make a decent living.

Disclaimer: You will need a lot of screen time and practise before you will be able to consistently profitably trade these patterns. As with profits, only you are responsible for the losses you make.

any doubts? :D

Hi Pride,

whatever knowledge/caliber i have, accdly even i'm following PA based trading
and i'm happy that others also do the same thing.
My question is can we trade THIS METHOD in any situation or trending/sideways market conditions. Overall will it suffice for making a career.

rgds,

posting it here as well as many might not go to the first page again...

--------------------------
ok..i'm back

Now that we know the patterns, lets move to the "Red Line".

The most obvious thing is that this line should be some kind of support or resistance level.
However, S&R levels are very subjective and each person will mark different levels on the same chart.

1. Yesterday's High
2. Yesterday's Low

The first two are minor S&Rs while price definitely has some reaction when it reaches the POC.

Volume POC: It is the price at which maximum volume was traded. This is a very important level and represents accumulation/distribution by large players or the price at which most of the participants find maximum value. So whenever price reaches this level the next day, there is bound to be some reaction.

Most charting applications support market profile/volume profile. Amibroker has the "Volume by Price" indicator which works just fine.

Eg. Friday's POC is at 5530.

So, now you know what to do.

Step 1. Draw yesterday's high, low and volume POC.
Step 2. Wait for price to reach these levels and form one of our patterns.
Step 3. Make money

Money Management.
1. Your reward should be a minumum of twice the size of your risk.
2. Try to enter in such a way that your stoploss is on the other side of the High/Low/POC.
3. Trail your stoploss and move it to breakeven soon.
4. Do not risk more than 1% of your equity in a single trade.

Some Advice
1. You may not get an opportunity to trade every day. That is fine. Please do not try to take unnecessary postions just because you are bored.
2. You can track multiple stocks/futures. This way, there is a higher probability of getting a good setup.
3. The markets will be there tomorrow too. Do not try to run after a trade. If you missed a good entry, wait for the next one.
5. Patterns I and III are more than enough to make a decent living.

Disclaimer: You will need a lot of screen time and practise before you will be able to consistently profitably trade these patterns. As with profits, only you are responsible for the losses you make.

any doubts? :D

Dear Pride,
now no doubts..:D:clapping::clap: