Indicator-Free, Stress-Free Trading

summasumma

Thanks Pride...

4, These patterns appear in all time frames.
Which timeframe suits well for this strategy? Intraday or daily or weekly?

To eliminate this inconsistency, we will use three pre-determined levels.
1. Yesterday's High
2. Yesterday's Low
For intraday we can mark yestersday's high/low...What about for finding this pattern for daily chart? what should be used ? either last week high/low or last month?

3. Yesterday's Volume Point of Control (POC)
Can anyone tell what is the corresponding indicator for volume POC in "icharts.in" charts???? I assume its the simple VOLUME indicator and we should see the peek of volume on that day and see the CLOSE price at that peak volumetime... am i correct?

Thanks,
...summasumma.

moon_moon

Thanks Pride...

For intraday we can mark yestersday's high/low...What about for finding this pattern for daily chart? what should be used ? either last week high/low or last month?

Can anyone tell what is the corresponding indicator for volume POC in "icharts.in" charts???? I assume its the simple VOLUME indicator and we should see the peek of volume on that day and see the CLOSE price at that peak volumetime... am i correct?

Thanks,
...summasumma.
can you help with Yesterday's Volume Point of Control (POC)

Raghavacc

posting it here as well as many might not go to the first page again...

--------------------------
ok..i'm back

Now that we know the patterns, lets move to the "Red Line".

The most obvious thing is that this line should be some kind of support or resistance level.
However, S&R levels are very subjective and each person will mark different levels on the same chart.

To eliminate this inconsistency, we will use three pre-determined levels.

1. Yesterday's High
2. Yesterday's Low
3. Yesterday's Volume Point of Control (POC)

The first two are minor S&Rs while price definitely has some reaction when it reaches the POC.

Volume POC: It is the price at which maximum volume was traded. This is a very important level and represents accumulation/distribution by large players or the price at which most of the participants find maximum value. So whenever price reaches this level the next day, there is bound to be some reaction.

Most charting applications support market profile/volume profile. Amibroker has the "Volume by Price" indicator which works just fine.

Eg. Friday's POC is at 5530.

So, now you know what to do.

Step 1. Draw yesterday's high, low and volume POC.
Step 2. Wait for price to reach these levels and form one of our patterns.
Step 3. Make money

Money Management.
1. Your reward should be a minumum of twice the size of your risk.
2. Try to enter in such a way that your stoploss is on the other side of the High/Low/POC.
3. Trail your stoploss and move it to breakeven soon.
4. Do not risk more than 1% of your equity in a single trade.

Some Advice
1. You may not get an opportunity to trade every day. That is fine. Please do not try to take unnecessary postions just because you are bored.
2. You can track multiple stocks/futures. This way, there is a higher probability of getting a good setup.
3. The markets will be there tomorrow too. Do not try to run after a trade. If you missed a good entry, wait for the next one.
4, These patterns appear in all time frames.
5. Patterns I and III are more than enough to make a decent living.

Disclaimer: You will need a lot of screen time and practise before you will be able to consistently profitably trade these patterns. As with profits, only you are responsible for the losses you make.

any doubts? :D
Absolutely pentastic Pride. It can't go simpler than this....:)

today's trading on Nifty 1min

Tatasteel 1min

thnx pride for all ur info nd i shd say piece of wisdom, nd i myt sound foolish here as i m new to all dis, may i know how to put all these three levels on a chart?

to be precise do we need to have sum software to do all dis, can u plz suggest me what all i shd hv wid me to start trading like a gud trader rather than jumping in the water widout even knowing how to swim.

hope to get a reply from all u experienced people, nd wil u plz explain a bit more bout dis yestrday's volume levels as wel

rangarajan

To my knowledge,Mkt Profile,Vol Profile,POC are proprietory of Newyork Stock Exchange & to get the exact value,one has to subscribe to get their s/w which may be costly.

Alternately,one could look at the chart & arrive at approx value.

It may not be prudent to use Mkt Profile in isolation.More infor available in google.

A word of appreciation to Pride for this excellent thread ,very profitable in any time frame,more on intraday. Chart explained in very simple language w/o jargon.

summasumma

can you help with Yesterday's Volume Point of Control (POC)
You can just open the yesterday's intraday chart.
Enable the normal "Volume" indicator.
Check the peak of the volume bars.... and check the corresponding PRICE.

This price is the VPOC.
Correct me if i am wrong... :D

but don't whether we should take the HIGH/LOW/OPEN/CLOSE of that 1 min candle as the diff between high and low itself is 10 pts sometimes..which makes huge difference in plotting RED LINE....

May be PRIDE can clear this doubt...

.Pride.

Thanks Pride...

I prefer 1min charts for this.
you can use weekly levels for daily chart.

sorry, can't help you on that.

Thanks,
...summasumma.
You can just open the yesterday's intraday chart.
Enable the normal "Volume" indicator.
Check the peak of the volume bars.... and check the corresponding PRICE.

This price is the VPOC.
Correct me if i am wrong... :D
That is incorrect. VPOC is the price which has the cumulative highest volume of the day.
Suppose 10,000 shares are traded at Rs. 102. However, 3000 shares were traded 5 times throughout the day at Rs. 100. So, 100 would be the VPOC.

but don't whether we should take the HIGH/LOW/OPEN/CLOSE of that 1 min candle as the diff between high and low itself is 10 pts sometimes..which makes huge difference in plotting RED LINE....
As I said, you can't find the POC this way. Either use an indicator, or load the data in excel to calculate it.

May be PRIDE can clear this doubt...
answers are in blue.