How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is was that Flash crash an experiment for a bigger game plan or just an accident????????????????

Question is was that Flash crash an experiment for a bigger game plan or just an accident????????????????
It was a "hint" of the things to come. In the 2 crashes last year, the prices reached that point.. even if after 1-3 months. So, now even if the market goes up, it will be a market of "sell on rise"

Actually, I was considering posting the Monthly Chart instead of the Weekly Chart for Infy.... :D

And both Viceroy and McDowell Holdings have given a very good Double Bottom on Weekly/Monthly Charts..... Nice pick in terms of pattern.... But both of them are extremely illiquid....

BTW, it's time to be alert for both of them.... And, they being illiquid, if I were in your place, I would be considering exiting the positions in Viceroy around 25.... and in McDowell around 80..... McDowell should give a good retracement from there.... What's your views.... :)
yes!..they are ill-liquid...but i am smart enough to exit with the operators seeing price and volume action of the day:)....

Hi Kamlesh !

I keep going thru your thread regularly since last many months. Thanks for your invaluable cotribution and dedication to this thread.

I need your help for one query-

I always remain wondered with one aspect of trading in MCX while reading MT4 charts in $- that those charts are continuous (It shows Spot prices ! no?) but our trading here with monthly future contracts have expiry dates and between two expiry dates there is always a +ve price difference. Current month have price in $ x $ value in INR (e.g. $2 x 51= ~102 INR for NG) and next month is more than that (e.g. 108 NG today)

My question is how should we look at it while trading near expiry. Since the next month price anyways come closer to actual price (i.e $ x $ price in INR) within couple of days after expiry, is it that we should be cautious while buying ( going long) in this period ? I have observed especially in NG that new month price comes to actual price all the time (i.e $ x $ price in INR). shoud we try to find level to short? (but...market is not fool). am I missing any link and not able to understand this aspect? please comment.

Jayesh
yes market is not a fool....trade any liquid contract, with pro-rata logic as explained earlier many times. No fancy trades plz. I did this mistake once then toba kar li....:)

What is next in gold , very near to weekly support line (holding since Oct'2008).

Sunil Maharshi:cool:
Gold is weak....and must consolidate more....at least.

My view is it should form triple bottom first like silver before moving up and should form a Double Top before moving significantly down. Please note that both are possibilities nothing tradable info right now.....i would be a buyer in the first possibility and seller in the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.