Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

yusi

The diagram for the higher version API given by you is perfect. ...
Do not share such a high opinion of it myself...

For one, it is too instrusive. Need not have been so large.

Technically, it is fuzzy and the colors are running. Would not have happened were it a png or gif instead of a jpg.

Details of APIs may perhaps be classified into awareness, design, implementation and operations. In terms of information content, it would be placed as early awareness.

[Taken from the INA page]

I am new to this things so I still not been able to understand few things.

1. Does this Nest API can be used in any customize software (may be i hire a programmer to create one) to get real time data and place orders?

2. What if Omnisys provides API, then do i have to go for data providers to get the data for Nest.

3. Is there any API which can be used in in own software or App?

Thank you,

Regards,
Kanak

Dear sir, we are currently also providing the same API to our customers...however these API has certain limitations which I can see is bothering a lot of you guys here...omnesys charges differential pricing for differ API. The nest plus API has very few functions.. The higher priced API actually is the one which can help you build a complete integration....
Puneet Sir,

Which API you are offering to customers??

Please let me know.

Regards,
Kanak

yusi

1. Does this Nest API can be used in any customize software (may be i hire a programmer to create one) to get real time data and place orders?

2. What if Omnisys provides API, then do i have to go for data providers to get the data for Nest.

3. Is there any API which can be used in in own software or App?
At an acceptable level, the answer would be yes to all three questions. An API is by definition something that requires an application to use it. The app may be a ready one, such as AmiBroker that is discussed here, or a custom one that you develop. There may be multiple APIs -- one for order placement and another to fetch data. Also, there may be multiple versions of the API with different levels of functionality offered.

As to the specifics related to the different APIs that are offered by Omnesys such as name / number / price, it is best answered by the provider. That should be your first port of call. However, they generally redirect to your broker, or a specific third-party, which is okay so long as you get the info you want. We would love to know what you find out.

At an acceptable level, the answer would be yes to all three questions. An API is by definition something that requires an application to use it. The app may be a ready one, such as AmiBroker that is discussed here, or a custom one that you develop. There may be multiple APIs -- one for order placement and another to fetch data. Also, there may be multiple versions of the API with different levels of functionality offered.

As to the specifics related to the different APIs that are offered by Omnesys such as name / number / price, it is best answered by the provider. That should be your first port of call. However, they generally redirect to your broker, or a specific third-party, which is okay so long as you get the info you want. We would love to know what you find out.
Thank you Very much for quick and kind reply.

Pretty much explains lots of things. My requirement is more of Fetching the Data through API to my engine (custom app). So is there any data provider or API who can be of my help?

Regards,
kanak

yusi

Pretty much explains lots of things. My requirement is more of Fetching the Data through API to my engine (custom app). So is there any data provider or API who can be of my help?
Enough has been discussed in the forum about data, its source, scope and quality. Since nothing is forthcoming on that front, a blanket answer would be the Yahoo and Google APIs. Nearer home, contact GFDL; they had mentioned somewhere that they also also provide an API besides their platform-specific offerings.