Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

jagankris

I think ur trying too hard.... This is very basic API which omnesys provides... If you want to call back order numbers from API u need to subscribe to higher version API which is not part of the nest plugin.. Hope this helps
Puneet Sir,

Subscribe to Higher Version API.
What is the name of the API ?
Is it allowed for retail ?

TIA.

Does not help.

All the current participants in the discussion have likely used tens of other APIs, and probably developed a few themselves. Unless you are willing to get into specifics of the Plus API -- past / present / future versions -- you are not taking the discussion forward.

Puneet, you are in an enviable position to add value. You are a big customer to Omnesys and others, as well as a big downstream service provider. Not so long back you were providing the API under discussion (or a product developed around it) to your customers. It is fairly obvious that an API that is hardly functional, and has no documentation, or support, should not have been released. If you wish, you or your technical folks, can contribute a lot here.

Btw, whose or which question were you addressing when you say that "want to call back order numbers from the API" ?

Dear sir, we are currently also providing the same API to our customers...however these API has certain limitations which I can see is bothering a lot of you guys here...omnesys charges differential pricing for differ API. The nest plus API has very few functions.. The higher priced API actually is the one which can help you build a complete integration....

Puneet Sir,

Subscribe to Higher Version API.

What is the name of the API ?

Is it allowed for retail ?

TIA.

Dear jagankris, you would usually find the jargon being used for same being com API or Java API or dot net API. The same is not allowed for retail but it can be provided to an sub broker or authorized person... So a retail trader can actual become a ap or sub broker and use it.... See the issue is with pricing... And second issue is from exchange..... For retail client there is an IBT software.... Exchanges do not allow automated trading through IBT.

Can you rephrase the question... cannot make sense of it.

Dear yusi sir, I cannot put it in real technical terms but will try... When we intialize the API from amibroker.. We create a static object.... I have found that this method works only in amibroker versions upto 5.4...

Have you been able to try initializing on Amibroker version 5.6 or above?

yusi

Dear yusi sir, I cannot put it in real technical terms but will try... When we intialize the API from amibroker.. We create a static object.... I have found that this method works only in amibroker versions upto 5.4...

Have you been able to try initializing on Amibroker version 5.6 or above?
Initializing the API works fine in versions of AmiBroker beyond 5.3 (including 5.6).

Perhaps, your question relates to another dimension where Ami introduced multi-threading from version 5.4. COM / OLE may have issues, and Ami will also warn you. Previous post about the warning / speed issues. But it works, and COM route is the only external interface that the Plus API provides.

yusi

Dear sir, we are currently also providing the same API to our customers...however these API has certain limitations which I can see is bothering a lot of you guys here...omnesys charges differential pricing for differ API. The nest plus API has very few functions.. The higher priced API actually is the one which can help you build a complete integration....
It would be appreciated if you could list the commonalities / differences between the two, at your convenience.

Price is one thing -- I'm aware that the retails version is priced @ 250 p.m. whereas the dealer version is Rs 925 pm -- but afaik the difference is only in handling multiple client IDs. One is more interested in the specifics of the functionality.

What is full form of IBT that you mention in another post ?

jagankris

It would be appreciated if you could list the commonalities / differences between the two, at your convenience.

Price is one thing -- I'm aware that the retails version is priced @ 250 p.m. whereas the dealer version is Rs 925 pm -- but afaik the difference is only in handling multiple client IDs. One is more interested in the specifics of the functionality.

What is full form of IBT that you mention in another post ?
IBT I guess he refers to Interactive Brokers Terminal API.