Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

I am new to this things so I still not been able to understand few things.

1. Does this Nest API can be used in any customize software (may be i hire a programmer to create one) to get real time data and place orders?

2. What if Omnisys provides API, then do i have to go for data providers to get the data for Nest.

3. Is there any API which can be used in in own software or App?

Thank you,

Regards,

Kanak

If you use the dot net, java or com API then you can use it to get market data, place orders also use it with your custom software as well. You basically get a dll which can be used in any programme .. That's what I have come to experience...

Yes. They sent me a dll file which acts as a plug-in for amibroker and forms a bridge between Nest API and ami. The main need for this was for the function getorderstatus which wouldn't work otherwise.

Without this plug-in you can still use kaka's code and place order. Until the plug-in is complete its actually not of much use.

Here again you have got the dll but I think, which you should check also with omnesys, is that you would need broker which has API enabled at its end to let your orders be routed to the order management system through API and also the broker should have the approval from relevant exchange as well.

Enough has been discussed in the forum about data, its source, scope and quality. Since nothing is forthcoming on that front, a blanket answer would be the Yahoo and Google APIs. Nearer home, contact GFDL; they had mentioned somewhere that they also also provide an API besides their platform-specific offerings.

Will kind of agree with yusi in this... You are better off with a data vendor than the API as good data providers gfdl will provide a cleaner data which may be normalized also. Further you would have backfill also available through servers. If you take API you will have to creat your own backfill database and also keep normalizing the data for missing ticks and corporate actions wherever applicable.... So maybe a data vendor is a much cleaner option.... However, if you are looking at auto execution also then don't go for data vendor.. Coz then you would be paying for data also and API also where data could otherwise be picked with some effort from API itself..rgds

That's great news. :thumb:

Yusi sir, please concur if correct... The trailing will not work. For trailing you will have to keep modifying the order everytijme the trail parameters are met. The nest plus API does not offer any trailing stop loss functionalities. It offers you to place a SL market or SL limit order but not met trailing stop loss...cheers

Sir my account is with Zerodha and I have the API enabled by them. The dll files I received are designed by omnesys guys only. I am able to place, modify and cancel orders which is semi automatic so do not need approval from exchange.

The only thing pending is the functionality which would enable me to get order status. Hope that is also available soon.

I will check and let you know whether they would enable it or not.. Most likely the one you are using is the nest plus API and costs around 295 or so per month.

Sir it needs 2 clicks to actually place an order and then I modified that order using the same API and didn't need to click any more buttons.

Same should be possible for trailing stop-loss where we'll place a stop-loss order and keep modifying it from there.

Correct you have to keep modifying the stop loss order....that's why I was a bit surprised that there is no order type as trailing stop loss...

Last edited:

yusi

please concur if correct... The trailing will not work. For trailing you will have to keep modifying the order everytijme the trail parameters are met. The nest plus API does not offer any trailing stop loss functionalities. It offers you to place a SL market or SL limit order but not met trailing stop loss...cheers
This is already cleared up; there is no additional type of stop loss order than what is available on the Nest terminal. By trailing the stop-loss, Abhi meant auto modifying the original stop-loss order through the AFL.

Perhaps, the immediate additional improvement that Omnesys could make is returning values for open / pending orders including SL orders. Currently, only the fill price / quantity is available for (partially?) completed orders. As a secondary requirement, they would also have to make GetPlusVersion available in Nest, else the user would not know if they are using a pre or post change version.