Differences between trader terminals

lazytrader

We end up bumping into each other everywhere :)
Currently, the easiest thing to do is extract data from PIB as data extraction from Odin 9 is still not a solved issue.

As regards brokerage, if you have volumes in the range of 50 CR a month, they even provide you a fixed bkg package.

As regards PIB versus Odin, I guess PIB wins hands down, as Odin creates a LOT of issues on your comp, and the tech support guys allways blame the clients computers.
PIB, everytthing is on the servers, you just have exe on your machine.

ODIN does have realtime tick by tick open position P/L available which PIB lacks.

Also, ODIN has some features like you can set the qty for every order by default. Also, you can create workspaces, a thing lacking in PIB

But still, I would say PIB is better than ODIN.
PIB wins hands down is what I understand by just reading reviews. I am yet to hear complains. But lack of features yes. More notably moto143 said that EOD doesn't show up in charts in the software. You need to go to the website for EOD charts. Is that true?

Bumping into each other seems to be happening a lot right now :)

bandlab2

can we save the price alerts in PIB? Can we load them from a excel? do we get a pop-up message with beep when message arives? can we modify the existing alert values? in TTA, we need to delete and create again. when the auto-square off comesin PIB. 3 or :10? can we negotiate this? in TTA its next day 10:30 AM. what about margin, how many times they give? TTA gives only 6-8 times in A group. i heard PIB gives 12 times, also i heard they give better span margin in FnO. With 1 lakh, i can only do 2 lots NIFTY. What about PIB? can we see the allowe magin, current margin ? in TTA its all behind, we ont know unless the order is rejected ue to lack of margin. if i buy 100 reliance at 2200 and place a squae off orde at 2210 and a stoplosss square off at 2190, then do they consider 3 times margin or 2 times?

I am using PIB for a long period and intraday charts can be viewed from start. Just right click on the chart and select "sync" to get the chart from the opening of the market. You can even see the chart after market hours. I also use DIET ODIN which doesn't have this facility. Speedwise PIB is far superior to ODIN as it is in studies.
PIB is much superior in all respect as it is based on NEAT. The only problem with IB is the brokerage for F&O which is 2.5% of trade or Rs.100/- per lot whichever is higher. For Equities, it is acceptable seeing their service.
Thanks for telling sync options. Really I learn a lot going through the forum. The brokerage for options, intraday and and cash varies from your volume of trade. Currently they are charging 15 and 1.5 paise for me and for options they are charging Rs. 50/- per lot. Barging with your RM for brokerage chargers. I am currently using justtrade (zero brokerage) for options and cash deliveries, Indiabulls for intradday (gives x12 exposure).

moto143

Thanks for telling sync options. Really I learn a lot going through the forum. The brokerage for options, intraday and and cash varies from your volume of trade. Currently they are charging 15 and 1.5 paise for me and for options they are charging Rs. 50/- per lot. Barging with your RM for brokerage chargers. I am currently using justtrade (zero brokerage) for options and cash deliveries, Indiabulls for intradday (gives x12 exposure).
what's your daily turnover buddy?
My daily turnover is more than 30,000( delivery+ intraday) and sometimes more than this but still they charge 5 paise for intraday and 30 paise for delivery.

moto143

can we save the price alerts in PIB? Can we load them from a excel? do we get a pop-up message with beep when message arives? can we modify the existing alert values? in TTA, we need to delete and create again. when the auto-square off comesin PIB. 3 or :10? can we negotiate this? in TTA its next day 10:30 AM. what about margin, how many times they give? TTA gives only 6-8 times in A group. i heard PIB gives 12 times, also i heard they give better span margin in FnO. With 1 lakh, i can only do 2 lots NIFTY. What about PIB? can we see the allowe magin, current margin ? in TTA its all behind, we ont know unless the order is rejected ue to lack of margin. if i buy 100 reliance at 2200 and place a squae off orde at 2210 and a stoplosss square off at 2190, then do they consider 3 times margin or 2 times?
yup you can save the price alerts in PIB...No, you can't load them from Excel. You get pop-up msge but am nt sure abt beep..You can modify existing alerts.

Auto square off time starts from 3 pm. I don't think you can negotiate that...They give 10 times margin and they will increase it to 12 times if you request.

I don't have any Idea about F&O since i don't trade it...

what's your daily turnover buddy?
My daily turnover is more than 30,000( delivery+ intraday) and sometimes more than this but still they charge 5 paise for intraday and 30 paise for delivery.
Previously in Indiabulls, i used to get them intraday turnover of 30-50 lakhs, so they reduced my brokerage charges from 5 paise to 3, 2 and at least settled 1.5 and in future it is going to be 1 paise.

lazytrader

Previously in Indiabulls, i used to get them intraday turnover of 30-50 lakhs, so they reduced my brokerage charges from 5 paise to 3, 2 and at least settled 1.5 and in future it is going to be 1 paise.
Religare starts with 2.5 paise going down to 0.5 paise <- that's .005%. upfront brokerage required though. That might be negotiable but don't know.

murthymsr

Hi LT & other active contributors to this thread,

It is very nice to have a comparison of various software/terminals to get a feel of each of them. Though we have many brokers, there are only a very few software, which contributes to the user experience and conveniences.

This thread may help in deciding on the best featured software and one can select the broker based on the brokerage and ease of operation of account.

TradeAnyWhere is another option as far as platform is concerned. Users familiar with it may also record their feedback. CanMoney uses TradeAnyWhere and may be some more brokers. My new CanMoney account will be operational within a week and will post my observations as i get familiar with it.

Thanks again for the great initiative.

murthymsr