Differences between trader terminals

moto143

@LT

Hey the issue i mentioned is not there with EOD charting...it's only there with the Intraday charts PIB provides.

Intraday chart Opens us in PIB itself while EOD charts open in Indiabulls website..By the way their EOD charts strangely has an option to select intraday chart too which doesnt have the problem i mentioned.

lazytrader

@LT

Hey the issue i mentioned is not there with EOD charting...it's only there with the Intraday charts PIB provides.

Intraday chart Opens us in PIB itself while EOD charts open in Indiabulls website..By the way their EOD charts strangely has an option to select intraday chart too which doesnt have the problem i mentioned.
moto, crp has mentioned something related to "syncing" intraday charts. That should fix the intraday issue.

I did understand that. However I'm not very clear on the EOD issue: Do you get EOD charts in PIB properly? Going to their website is no point, I might as well to some other website.

From what I have heard IndiaBulls has a good platform and service but I think their brokerage is higher than most others.

One question: are the stock price alerts saved? or have to enter them everyday?

Thanks.

moto143

@LT

hey CRP was right...I tried the method which he told and everything loaded perfectly..Thank you crp.:)

Well, regarding EOD charting..When you right click any scrip and select EOD option on PIB , it automatically opens the browser which takes you to Indiabulls website and charts loads there automatically..The feature's provided on EOD charts are not adequate.

regarding the stock alerts..I'm not much sure about it..I remember a week back i placed a stock alert for a scrip..Now i can't find it on my Alert manager..Anyhow i will test it again and will get back to you tomorrow.

Regarding brokerages it's on the higher side..I'm not good at bargaining and was totally new to trading when i opened my account and thus ended up with higher brokerages..Maybe you can strike a better deal with them..And they do provide Demo of their platform..I was given an ID and password of PIB by them to check it.

Their service is really good..i have no complaint's yet..Calls to customer care get's connected immediately too.

Last edited:

lazytrader

hey CRP was right...I tried the method which he told and everything loaded perfectly..Thank you crp.:).
:thumb:

http://charting.bseindia.com/charting/index.asp

Check that link out... Load some EOD charts I'm quite sure it is the same thing that IndiaBulls is providing.

Columbusji, do you know if stock alerts are saved permanently in TT? Being able to load from an excel/csv would suffice. Enter them manually everyday is a big problem. Besides, Savantji's list is huge :D

columbus

:thumb:

http://charting.bseindia.com/charting/index.asp

Check that link out... Load some EOD charts I'm quite sure it is the same thing that IndiaBulls is providing.

Columbusji, do you know if stock alerts are saved permanently in TT? Being able to load from an excel/csv would suffice. Enter them manually everyday is a big problem. Besides, Savantji's list is huge :D

Hi Lazytrader,

Since there is no provision for saving the alert in that menu ,i think we
can not save ALERTS permanently on the system.We have feed the values
manually ,yes,it is a BIG problem.

lazytrader

yes exactly like this Only..But there are a few differences like you have the option of selecting candlesticks etc.
BSE also provides candlesticks. It will show only for EOD only not for intraday. :)

Columbusji, it looks like in sharkhan if you close the terminal and open the alerts will be gone! Does it even remain for 1 trading day?

I need it for stop losses since orders are only for a day each time entering an order is a problem so I use alerts. It is saved permanently in the watch for me, in the motilal oswals terminal. There are no popups but the row is highlighted.

crp

One question: are the stock price alerts saved? or have to enter them everyday?
There are lot many difference in terminals like the location of saved settings. NEAT based terminals like PIB (may be sharekhans') save settings on the server and you need to save them by selecting the menu option "Save MW Settings" This will save all the settings like your market watches, Alerts etc. and those remains valid for all future sessions till you change and save again. This make it extremely convinient to trade from any computer.

Atleast DIET ODIN save all the settings on local computer and you have to create or change whenever you change the computer. It is very complicated in all respect when compared to PIB.

As far as EOD charts are concerned, Indiabulls display the chart for a limited period like say only 3 years. I don't have experience with DIET or other broker terminals but NSE site gives better option to diaplsy historical charts.

Please feel free to query about PIB as I have good experience with it.

lazytrader

Thanks crp,

IndiaBulls seems to have the best of everything except brokerage. How much are you paying. For someone who has high volumes the costs can really add up. Thats my only gripe. Otherwise I wouldn't be hunting for brokers. How much are you paying.

The second reason why I want to get ODIN based teminals is because data can be extracted from ODIN and used in other softwares. So it just need to have good execution speed. But I hear ODIN 9 is very good (compared to the old versionn :))

If you can add anything more to the one you have already in the previous post on comparision between PIB and ODIN, I would be grateful.

bandlab2

ODIN is ? is TTAdvance as per ODIN? is ODIN a generic trademark or ofered by a broker?

i have TTAvance, i cant place conditional orders. i need to place SL order ONLY afte my buy order is executed. aing price alerts is a pain. cant right click on market watch and add alerts. you need to go to another window, select fom a dop down and do it. also u can NOT modiy a alert, u need to delete and add

stoploss limit orders wont work properly. ex: cmp is 1211. place a buy orde, trigger at 1215 and limit order at 1215.4, you would expect trade price to be at 1215.4 but actally its 1215. its a mistake in thei s/w

overall a good terminal