Differences between trader terminals

murthymsr

I found the user manual for ODIN 7 on the religare site:
http://depository.religare.in/websiteobjects/FastTrade_UserManual.zip

The feature set if mind boggling. Just trying to think what version 9 is like. :D

Also found that Tradeanywhere from Asiancerc is a java based application.
Thanks LT, for the link, I liked the expression builder and the options under preferences of ODIN7.

The expresiion builder of TAW is with limited features and user customisation is not provided for.

ODIN and TradeAnyWhere are the two trading software available to broking firms to choose and offer to their clients. Surprisingly both are owned by Religare, who also provides the broking services.

To: LT, Pra or others using TradeAnyWhere,

If you have located the link to the user manual to TradeAnyWhere, you may please post the same.

CanMoney (Canara Bank) provides TradeAnyWhere, but the package, very surprisingly does NOT include the user manual or any other Help worth the name. It may be included with the TradeAnyWhere Package delivered by other brokers !

murthymsr

Last edited:

murthymsr

I guess tradeanywhere is java based. is that right?
Yes, it is java based. We have to install MSJVM BEFORE installing TradeAnyWhere.

'Anywhere' gave me the option to install on two machines (Laptop) and PC and switch depending on power availability and other considerations. However, you cannot run on both machines simultaneously.

Being java based has some limitations and further, even in the latest version 4.2, I feel a lot more is needed to be done to make it to the optimum possible with java. Version 4.3 IDBI paisabuilder appears to be using the latest version 4.3. Canmoney expects to migrate to 4.3 in a couple of months. All others appear to be on 4.2 and even 4.1.

The lack of a professional Help file integrated with the application with context sensitive help is some thing that may not be expected in the near future. I am not sure if anyone provides such help.

I always compare TradeAnywhere or any other applcation with QuoteTracker, a very good application with lot of ease of use.

Thanks for your time and response as always.

murthymsr

PGDIMES

I don't have the user manual for tradeanywhere but you can get demos for trade anywhere from the angelbroking site. I think their version is called Angel Anywhere.

Hello LT,

I have found that you did an extensive study of the brokers in order to find the most suitable one. I want to know about ur current broker (the one you chose) and the brokerage and other charges.

Thanks in advance.

Happy trading.

-Pgdimes

lazytrader

Hello LT,

I have found that you did an extensive study of the brokers in order to find the most suitable one. I want to know about ur current broker (the one you chose) and the brokerage and other charges.

Thanks in advance.

Happy trading.

-Pgdimes
I noticed that you were following my threads from the thanks in posts :D

I still havent switched my broker. I couldn't find one that didn't have any issue :D The only one that did is Angel Broking but someone warned me against them too. Every broker has complaints. So right now I have negotiated my brokerage to .025%/.25% with my current broker Motilal Oswal. The money stays in my back account only M2M is transacted. Demat account is 350/yr not debit charges and they also send research reports and alerts. IDeaS facility from CDSL is free of cost.

So it's a pay-off, depends on what you can live with. I would like to open an account with RKG. They insist on a demat account with them on NSDL I could use that from trading and the one with CDSL for investment (tax saving reasons) but held back because of the connectivity issues with RKG.

PGDIMES

I noticed that you were following my threads from the thanks in posts :D

Actually I was in a hurry and found ur name there;) ,so thought of asking the question....

Thanks for the info :thumb:

-Pgdimes

trader.trends

Recently Indiabulls has started allowing us to mark contracts for intraday trading in futures. This requires half the margin. Ex: If margin for one lot of Nifty is 26K, in intraday it need only 13K. I am not sure if that is also true when selling options.
Another thing to note is that the indicators do not work in the first half hour. The security code number needs to be punched during log in and for the first trade of the day and if there is a disconnection. It is a good feature to protect ourselves as no one can trade in our account without that.
Small traders should take advantage of every measure available for their protection.
I have been using PIB for close to five years and am happy with it.

hills_5000

Hi LT,

Call up the branch manager of your angel branch and ask him for the manual... hewill send it across with apologies..:) ...provided you insist... i have one

I don't have the user manual for tradeanywhere but you can get demos for trade anywhere from the angelbroking site. I think their version is called Angel Anywhere.