Diary of a day trader - Part 2

Yes we have to draw a line somewhere...this guy was very successful,big capital...big assets. He used to come to my house on Sundays and talk on trading systems etc. He used to trade fairly large ....5000 NF, 700 BNF, 5 large gold, 10 contracts Copper etc....I always used to tell him to trade small and reduce the strain as he had earned so much that he was very comfortable financially...but he used to always say " huh...muze kya hua hai...mai bilkul fit hun..."

Trading definately burns us out....

ST
how old was he sir

A good trader friend expired this month. Very good trader but he was exerting himself too much. He used to trade NSE the whole day and then Commodities till 11:30....whole day sitting in front of terminal....no excercise, no outings....suffered a heart stroke ( second one ) ...sad....lost a very good friend and a very successful trader. May his soul rest in peace...

ST
How old was he ? How long had he maintained this lifestyle ??

rkripal

Yes we have to draw a line somewhere...this guy was very successful,big capital...big assets. He used to come to my house on Sundays and talk on trading systems etc. He used to trade fairly large ....5000 NF, 700 BNF, 5 large gold, 10 contracts Copper etc....I always used to tell him to trade small and reduce the strain as he had earned so much that he was very comfortable financially...but he used to always say " huh...muze kya hua hai...mai bilkul fit hun..."

Trading definately burns us out....

ST

Hi ST da,

Sorry for your loss of a good trader friend.. may god bless his soul.
I trade only NSE and then after market, do read books, surf, watch movies, chat with friends.. but still feel very much exhausted by evening..

i am 31 and walk around 4.5 kms every morning.. it helps..

how do you maintain? how a normal day goes for you?

thanks

kripal

How old was he ? How long had he maintained this lifestyle ??
He was in late fifties...and he was trading for last 15 years....but FO and commodities he started from last 5 years.....but his family used to complain that it is getting too much on him and he should go slow as all their financial needs are taken care of. He stopped commodities for 15 -20 days but started again ....there was no need for that hectic trading...he was very comfortable financially, earned very well in last few years.

This does not happen to every one....but thought of this as a signal to go slow.

I have already reduced trading much before this incidence.

Smart_trade

EagleOne

He was in late fifties...and he was trading for last 15 years....but FO and commodities he started from last 5 years.....but his family used to complain that it is getting too much on him and he should go slow as all their financial needs are taken care of. He stopped commodities for 15 -20 days but started again ....there was no need for that hectic trading...he was very comfortable financially, earned very well in last few years.

This does not happen to every one....but thought of this as a signal to go slow.

I have already reduced trading much before this incidence.

Smart_trade
Yes, he over did it. Became addicted to trading, sort of. However, like any high pressure acitivity, even normal trading particularly daytrading in current hectic market conditions does reduce one's life span considerably by creating biochemical imbalances that speed up ageing. And there is no escaping from this fact. And in this, I am not counting the damage the trading induces in smokers to do chain smoking as well as muscular destrophies in neck and eyes for cosntantly staring at screen and in shoulders and hips as a result of sitting in chair for hours howsover comfortably. Well, hazards of the occupation, one can say...

mkbsiva

A good trader friend expired this month. Very good trader but he was exerting himself too much. He used to trade NSE the whole day and then Commodities till 11:30....whole day sitting in front of terminal....no excercise, no outings....suffered a heart stroke ( second one ) ...sad....lost a very good friend and a very successful trader. May his soul rest in peace...

ST
I am 32, the above highlighted applies to me... damn:(

each year my belly is increasing by one inch... it came from 35 to 40 inches now... It does worries me a lot now after reading this post of ST da...

I planned to open a commodity account this month... but :confused::confused:

EagleOne

I am 32, the above highlighted applies to me... damn:(

each year my belly is increasing by one inch... it came from 35 to 40 inches now... It does worries me a lot now after reading this post of ST da...

I planned to open a commodity account this month... but :confused::confused:
I am closing it, and you are planning to open it. Great. Arrey bhai, commos are way more speculative than stock market. Hardly any TA works properly. Totally stressful even you have crores to play with. Stick to nifty, my friend. At least, it is liquid and doesn't burn a hole in your account if trade goes horribly wrong.

Steve

What do you call one addicted to trading?
Addicted to alcohol = drunkard (bewda)
Addicted to women = womaniser (chamdi chor)
Addicted to smoking = chain smoker ( chimney)
Addicted to trading = ???? Gambler (???) (sattebaz)

The above post is in no way pointing to anyone or meant to belittle
or offend anyone on this forum, its a jest post.

EagleOne

All right guys, I am off to town to meet friends and to do some shopping. But before I go, this thought I would like to share:

Only one person is totally immune from all the health problems induced by trading business - even it makes him healthier! The broker. :D

To have more clear picture, think of us as the prostitutes and he is the pimp. :lol:

Take care guys. have a nice weekend.