Diary of a day trader - Part 2

I think that we will see 6500 soon on Nifty :D

S&P affirms negative outlook on India: How sovereign ratings are decided

Global ratings agency Standard & Poor's today has affirmed its BBB minus rating with a negative outlook on India, the lowest investment grade among the BRIC group of large emerging economies.

The country's large fiscal deficits and debt, as well as its lower middle-income economy, constrain the ratings, S&P said in its release on Friday. (Read story)

So how exactly does S&P or any other rating agency decide the sovereign rating? Let's try to find out the answer.

What are sovereign ratings?
A sovereign credit rating is the credit rating of a country or a national government. It's basically the evaluation of the capacity of a national government to pay its debt obligations. It also indicates the level of risk an investor is exposed to while investing in that particular country.

Parameters used for sovereign rating
Rating agencies take into account the economic risk and the political risk involved while assigning a sovereign rating. A careful analysis is done and based on the outcome a rating downgrade or upgrade is recommended.

The economic risk: This is the risk which is the measure of a nation's capacity to pay its debt obligations is the short term and the long term. While measuring the economic risk rating agencies take into account economic growth prospects, living standard, inflation rate, liquidity, income level, strength of currency and public debt burden (pensions to be paid, heath services cost, etc). Together with these factors high weightage is given to the monetary and fiscal flexibility applied by the country.

The political risk: As economic risk measures ability and capacity to repay debt, political risk is the measure of government's willingness to repay its debt obligation. This all depends on the stability of the government and the acceptance of economic policy goals. This risk is quite evident on the global trade platform and is indicated by the trust shown in the national financial system. Unlikely events like war and crisis enhance this risk. The unavailability of any legal alternative in case of default by a nation makes it even more important to analyze the political risk.

Conclusion
It's not an easy task to downgrade a nation's rating as a lot is at stake for both the parties. If the rating agency's assessment is correct, the whole financial market tailspins and if the assessment is not so correct, the future of the rating agency gets darker. But in any case as a smart investor, we should raise the red flag once such news flows into the market. It's time to be cash rich and keep away from risky investment instruments like stocks and commodities. Wait for the storm to subside and you will get a chance to purchase these assets at better prices.

EagleOne

@Sunilrhs
Arrey bhai, abhi charts dekhe aake. Nifty ke bullish flag ki last leg bears ki legs tod hi gayi. Only 10 points down from the days low, and the flag might have failed horribly.

Nonetheless very clever of market makers, must say. Hats off to them. Whole day they kept both CE and PE buyers on toes. saala dono ko nanga kar diya ghuma ghuma ke. Around 3 when crude shot through R, Nifty just touched 6166, filling bears with hope...right there and then, they were shot pointblank in the face! Vintage Fryday... Pity I missed it live! :lol:

Jokes apart, bhai. The moment nifty's 6100 spot swing high was violently shot through, all shorts should have had hit SL automatically within 30 points above. Now in all probability the train won't stop till 6300. And if they get the time during the expiry week, they will do a swift reverse and shoot the CEs... tab tak sab mote bakre ban chuke hongi! :D

Who says trading is boring? Such a nasty plan getting executed month after month?! It is heavenly, man!. :thumb:

I will quit this forum ....soon I will reveal very imp thing before jun expiry of BNF .........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

EagleOne

M ok..........but this forum encouraging tips provider.............even DANPICIUP another genius member also raise q to super moderator........I dnt think a forum shd act like that........:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

sunilrhs

E1 Bhai you have just hit d nail in d head.... well my Sl is 6240 if its taken out then I will exit d shorts n keep the PE short wid me.

They need retail participation which was not happening earlier...how long DII can help them in their manipulation....so 6300 now might be touched and it might spend some time there, and after that I see some fake fears again coming up from Europe...

At the start of the series they were heavily short on stocks and long on index and I thought their long on index is just a hedge but it came out other way round.:(

Koi na agli series mein maaa ch**d denge, diwar pot denge, or likh denge KRANTI !!!!!:cool:

@Sunilrhs
Arrey bhai, abhi charts dekhe aake. Nifty ke bullish flag ki last leg bears ki legs tod hi gayi. Only 10 points down from the days low, and the flag might have failed horribly.

Nonetheless very clever of market makers, must say. Hats off to them. Whole day they kept both CE and PE buyers on toes. saala dono ko nanga kar diya ghuma ghuma ke. Around 3 when crude shot through R, Nifty just touched 6166, filling bears with hope...right there and then, they were shot pointblank in the face! Vintage Fryday... Pity I missed it live! :lol:

Jokes apart, bhai. The moment nifty's 6100 spot swing high was violently shot through, all shorts should have had hit SL automatically within 30 points above. Now in all probability the train won't stop till 6300. And if they get the time during the expiry week, they will do a swift reverse and shoot the CEs... tab tak sab mote bakre ban chuke hongi! :D

Who says trading is boring? Such a nasty plan getting executed month after month?! It is heavenly, man!. :thumb:

EagleOne

E1 Bhai you have just hit d nail in d head.... well my Sl is 6240 if its taken out then I will exit d shorts n keep the PE short wid me.

They need retail participation which was not happening earlier...how long DII can help them in their manipulation....so 6300 now might be touched and it might spend some time there, and after that I see some fake fears again coming up from Europe...

At the start of the series they were heavily short on stocks and long on index and I thought their long on index is just a hedge but it came out other way round.:(

Koi na agli series mein maaa ch**d denge, diwar pot denge, or likh denge KRANTI !!!!!:cool:
O mere dost, dil khush kar diya! :clapping:

I don't think one can say what will happen in the expiry week. The whole game gets played so that the biggies can rollover to next months' lots without a hitch - and in profit. Markup and markdown is part of the game.
Other thing, you should know there are no retail investors putting long term money in market. It is all slush money. MF guys etc are just the conduit of it with big mouths. India Inc is manned by the mediocre crooks running family businesses, a smart investor knows. He wouldn't bet a single penny long term the way old timers used to. Every smart investor is more or less short term or swing trader now.
Nevertheless, I think as a trader one should not be distracted by all this, be more concerned as to where the things going - and hitch a ride in the same direction. for example if SP rates india down, who gives a damn? Tomorrow they will raise it, who'd give a damn then? The trader. Toh bhayia, apna paisa sambhalo. Bade bade magarmach khaane ko baithe hain market mein. Achcha mauka dikhe trading session mein toh ghuso, galti ho jaaye to jhat se bahar ho jaao. Aur mauka dekho. Hazaron mauke hain market mein.

EagleOne

M ok..........but this forum encouraging tips provider.............even DANPICIUP another genius member also raise q to super moderator........I dnt think a forum shd act like that........:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:
Tell me something new, my friend. If they do, it is business. The only thing you can do to protect yourself is to become knowledgeable trader of the market on your own. Let others do what they do.

EagleOne

Well said and great analysis eagle one
Analysis nahin hai bhayia. Aise tuchche kaam eagleone nahin karta. Live show ka aankhon dekha haal hai. Roz hota hai aapki bhi aankhon ke saamne. Aap bhi dekhiye. Aur jaaniye maket ko. :)