Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I cannot respond to this poll as I have opened a trading account with the least talked about HDFC and do not have a comparative opinion.

In terms of usage, the user interface is klunky. It could be classified as a generation 1 client-server web application. It is almost like an early DOS interface -- one goes select, select, select then close, close, close.

Too often, but not during trading hours, the reports, etc. are unavailable.

They do not provide streaming quotes. I have had to use QuoteTracker (learnt from this site).

So far it has not been slow; a complaint I have heard of others.

Fairly decent email and courier delivery of documents.

Phone support is pleasant.

The general site (hdfcsec.com) but not the trading section has been recently redone in terms of design and content; the provider has changed from myiris to Capital Market. The new site does not provide a ticker that was available earlier.

I would hazard to say their USP is a 3-in-1 form that allows one to open a savings, demat and trading account in one go.

Hi guys,

Lets all be clear about the fact that Reliance Money is no.1 as far as brokerage is concerned. Only some of the hidden facts about Rmoney need to be explored on other services etc. One problem is non activation of Insta Trade facility. I request other members who are already actively trading with Rmoney pl highlight other hidden drawbacks with Rmoney.;)

rgds

soody

this has reference to Soody's comments. Reliance money is good so far as brokerage is concerned. Insta-Trade?. I know not. I hv been harping on Insta Trade before opening the account itself. As of now, no response. Bloody fellow, who opened my account, one Mr. Ranjan Kumar is no more in the picture. He was alive to come with a basket full of so many promises and financial instruments. Now it seems, he is not alive. I do not have contact with any one else. But written several mails and letters and am awaiting for response, before I approach statutory authorities.

How reliance money can be best?
R. K. Global offering at much cheaper rate and also they are offering
odin software. i have no idea about their reliability.
reliance trading interface i have faced is pathetic and in case of option trading the money is blocked after trading, for the day.
rajib.

IPO on 5paisa.com , help needed

Hey , dose any one have experience of applying IPOs through 5paisa.com. This is first time I applied through them for Forties, everything was fine , Shares were shown into my Ledger Holdings . But when came the Listing day today , didn't found anyway of Selling the Shares, generally they should be visible in DP Free Stock or BOD Holdings. But Both of them dint show any thing.

ICICI Direct has a concept of allocating the shares before you can trade , but didn't see anything equivalent here.

When contacted the customer care they say it's a temporarary problem and they took the sell order on the call.

Someone who has experice with 5paisa for IPOS , can throw some light , how this works out, problem I faced is it just a odd incident or the norm ?

You response is highly appreciated in this regard.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi friends,

I am having practical experience of four broker houses. ICICI, Indiabulls, Reliance & 5 paisa. According to me Indiabulls is the best one. 5 paisa is good. icici just so so. Reliance money is the worst.

dev

How about IB's accounting system and contract note system?. Are u happy with it?. Are u able to reconcile the contract notes available in the website?. Lastly, are u able to reconcile the ledger balance?. I hv been facing problem with the above right from day 1.

I had closed a/c. 5 paisa long back after observing hidden charges. That is, even though u place single order for a transaction but if the transactions against single order is more than one, 5 paisa used to charge demat charges towards each transaction. To be more clear, if one happen to sell 100 shares of ABC, but 5 sale transaction takes place with 20 shares each, then demat charges was per transaction; not even proportionate. When I took up this issue with 5 paisa, they had no answer. Hence, I had to look for remedy on my own.

ICICI would hv been number one, but for their highest brokerage and poor web trading system.

Yes, R-Money is worst. But may become best.

With India bulls, i never faces the problem, u are referring to. If u are an active trader, IndiBulls is best. Because of their PIB software.

dev

pakatil

Trading with Religare. Very nice experience. Good Terminal, Dependable Connectivity & Fast Transactions. Low Brokerages (0.3 for Delivery & 0.03 for Intraday). EContract Notes come without fail. Ledger Account updated daily. 20 times exposure for Intraday. On the whole very pleasant.

The only thing I am missing from ICICI is, Credit for Delivery Trade not immidiate like ICICI, but only next day. Otherwise far far better than ICICI.

Cheers
PAKatil

Hi

I should make it clear that there is no Rs 800 per month in 5paisa.com. I have been using it for quite sometime now. The charges in 5paisa are as follows:

cash segment:

delivery 0.5% + STT + service tax + regulatory charges.
intraday 0.1% on sale and purchase both + STT + service tax + regulatory charges.
demat chargest of Rs 17 per debit (in case you have taken delivery and then you are selling after 1 day).

F&O: No idea, havent done as of yet.:confused:

account opening charges Rs 500.

They provide a software called Trader Terminal 5 which is free of cost, but I have not opted for that and use web based terminal (it seems their site direct me to log into nse directly and hence speed of execution is also fast in comparison to kotakstreet). But backend support services are poor and also site is quite complicated. definitely not for a layman (i used to be sometimes back, and had lot of problem understanding).

thanks

ravi s ghosh
I am also having the 5paisa.com Demat Account and use free web based interface trading. I am not a big trader and their brokerage charges are fine with me but what i find weird is there DP Debit Charges which is 15Rs (Plus Service Tax ). So every delivery you take and sell , for every transaction you have to Pay 15Rs Min and Max 100Rs (Its i think 0.50% but Min is 15Rs). I think this could turn out to be even expensive than ICICI ?
And i wasnt aware of this untill they charged me for this at the end of the Month !!!!!

Is there any brokerage who doesnt have Any Brokerage Commitment and NO Minimum Brokerage Charges per Transaction , As I dont trade much.

Status
Not open for further replies.