Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish to know which broker's trading terminal works on linux.
I am looking for non-browser based solutions.
I found power india bulls to be java based and hence compatible with linux. What about others, esp religare's race pro, india infoline and sharekhan's ?

anybody used Kotak keat trading software if so how is the RT data update speed and how is the techinical alerts system please post a reply, i am planing to open account with them.
any idea about latest brokerage or any bargain passsiblities like IB

Hi Sunando,
I'm also a indiabulls customer.
I've used icicidirect earlier.
But as everybody will agree icici charges the highest brokerage and also there is no software like the one with indiabulls.
Icici have a website where you have to refresh the price of a single scrip and then place your order through another page.
I'm using indiabulls since last one and half year.
And I did not had the Power Indiabulls(PIB) software by them till as recently as this january.
And I used their web based interface.
And it is java applet based page as provided by Sharekhan.
And for trading through this web page you don't have to shell out the charges for the PIB software.
You can access this page on www.indiabulls.com -> internet trading link.
This page you can access from anywhere.
This has almost most of the features of PIB software.
And the applet gives real time quotes.
But the limitation is number of quotes you can track in this web page is only 30 for equity and another page having FNO terminal, there 30 FNO quotes.
But i tell you software is very good, but this web page is not any less than the PIB.
So if you don't go for PIB then also you won't miss much.
But i will suggest you go for it.
But Indiabulls is good.

Regards,
Ramesh

Hi Sunando,
I'm also a indiabulls customer.
I've used icicidirect earlier.
But as everybody will agree icici charges the highest brokerage and also there is no software like the one with indiabulls.
Icici have a website where you have to refresh the price of a single scrip and then place your order through another page.
I'm using indiabulls since last one and half year.
And I did not had the Power Indiabulls(PIB) software by them till as recently as this january.
And I used their web based interface.
And it is java applet based page as provided by Sharekhan.
And for trading through this web page you don't have to shell out the charges for the PIB software.
You can access this page on www.indiabulls.com -> internet trading link.
This page you can access from anywhere.
This has almost most of the features of PIB software.
And the applet gives real time quotes.
But the limitation is number of quotes you can track in this web page is only 30 for equity and another page having FNO terminal, there 30 FNO quotes.
But i tell you software is very good, but this web page is not any less than the PIB.
So if you don't go for PIB then also you won't miss much.
But i will suggest you go for it.
But Indiabulls is good.

Regards,
Ramesh

But what is ur experience with regard to (1) Physical contract notes thr: courier (2) Cont. Notes thr: website (3) Ledger account (4) customer service from their Delhi Office?.

Hi srideep,
What is the brokerage structure offered by Religare--in the cash and derivative segment? Thanks
Hi Rajesh

Sorry for the late reply.

There r 2 types of brokerage offered by Religare.. the normal one is 0.05%(0.05p) for Intraday type of trading and 0.50%(0.50p) for Delivery type of trading.

Now, there is something which they call as the Freedom plan.. under this, there are 4 types of subscriptions and a customer can choose any 1 type, they are:
Monthly- Rs.500
Quarterly- Rs.1400
Half yearly- Rs.2500
Annually- Rs.4000
Under this Freedom plan, the customer is allowed to trade at 0% brokerage DAILY for 300000 in Intraday and 40000 in Delivery. After the customer crosses the above mentioned amounts, he will be charged 0.03% (instead of the normal rate of 0.05%) for Intraday and 0.30% (instead of the normal rate of 0.50%) for Delivery.

Thanks.

hi
im a customer of indiabulls.
my biggest problem has been in getting my intraday brokerage reduced from .05(now i think its 0.76) to at least .03. (my intraday brokerage is .146 inclusive of all taxes). my monthly volume is over 20 lakhs. despite convincing by my rm, the brokerage has not been reduced evn after a month.

Last edited:
hi
im a customer of the **** indiabulls. my experience with indiabulls has been really bad. as far as the site is concerned, its really working fine most of the time, but the only problem(which is also the biggest) starts with their RM's(relationship managers) who r always so irritating n annoying:mad: , i wudn't be surprised if someone kills an indiabulls rm today, as its for the sake of a gud trading society.

my biggest problem has been in getting my intraday brokerage reduced from .05(now i think its 0.76) to at least .03. (my intraday brokerage is .146 inclusive of all taxes). my monthly volume is over 20 lakhs. i've spoken to the kids(who look like they jus completed their secondary school) appointed as rm's, two of them, but despite their convincing the brokerage has not been reduced evn after a month, n evn more irritating is that the weirdo fat kid appointed as my rm has not been taking my calls n he evn hung up the phone without answering for a few seconds, n then disconnected.:mad: i think he must be having a death wish or maybe he wants to avail some of the life insurance policy benefits from getting bashed by me. im going to switch to reliance money or sharekhan in the next two months, as im a little bit busy right now.

my word of advice - DO NOT TRADE WITH INDIABULLS UNLESS U WANT TO WASTE UR PRECIOUS TIME IN MAKING CALLS TO SUCH BROKERAGE PIMPS
Thanks for the tip.However please suggest other good broker.
I have also pressing for .03% intra-day brokerage with IB before opening an account with them.However I might go for another one after reading your views.

Thanks for the tip.However please suggest other good broker.
I have also pressing for .03% intra-day brokerage with IB before opening an account with them.However I might go for another one after reading your views.
hi

u can check with reliance money website n get in touch with them, im sure they r much better n r offering really gud brokerage as compared to many others. u can check ur nearest reliance money branch on their website n get in touch with them-
http://www.reliancemoney.com

second choice according to me after reading reviews here is - sharekhan, u can get in touch with them also by leaving ur contact no. on their website, they'll get in touch with u after sometime-

http://www.sharekhan.com

regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.