Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cool,

Perhaps u missed one more observation. If u place an order for a certain qty. to buy or sell, and if such order gets executed in part, say in 2 or more executions, then also u hv to pay demat charges each time. To be more precise, if u place sell order for 100 shares of ABC, and the order gets executed in four instalments of 25 each, u land up in paying demat charges 4 times @ Rs.15/- (Earlier, I think it was Rs.20). I had this hidden charges experience with 5 Paise, and when I enquired with them, they had no answer. Therefore, I closed my account with immediate effect. Because, ultimately clients are loosers from all fronts.

Incidentally, IB charges only Rs.8/- and it is scripwise. They too hv. excellent software. Unfortunately their (1) customer service is not satisfactory (2) Accounting system is one way favouring IB and not client (3) Impossible to reconcile ledger on day to day basis (4) u hv to rely courier for contract notes which is being delivered to u once in a blue moon (5) c.notes on website does not hv head or tail; is just a mass of figures. But for these short comings, this would hv been India's number 1 Brokerage House.

pakatil

I found ICICI Brokerage charges very high (0.75 % - Delivery, 0.05 % Intrady ), but no hidden charges. Atleast one is not taken by surprise. Ledger updating is very excellent & reconciling very easy.

Religare has low (0.3 % - Delivery, 0.03 % - Intraday). But Hidden charges like Other Charges ( 0.0055 % - Intraday, 0.014 % - Delivery ), Demat Handling Charges ( 6/- per scrip per day). Ledger Updating very good & E-Contract Notes are sent by email punctually.

Now I trade more with Religare and quite happy

Cheers
PAKatil

hii sunandoghosh,

I am trading online with MajorGainz.com. It is Prabhudas Lilladher's online venture. They are providing me with negotiable brokerage charges. Also I get free SMS alerts and newsletters [daily & weekly]. They also take offline orders at no extracost. The transaction costs are nil. I am satisfied with the quality of service. The calls provided have about 75% conversion rate. Really good technical and fundamental research.

Hi,

Caould you please share the Brokerage charges you are paying with MajorGainz. How much do you pay Security Transaction Tax, Transaction Tax and Stamp Duty. I am using India bulls web based utility. They charge .5 for delievery, .1 for intraday. Services wise its ok. I am looking for one more aacount for my wife but a bit confused which i should open the account with. I am thinking about PIB from Indiabulls also.
Thanks,
Mohit Jain

hiii mohit,

MajorGainz charges 0.4 on delivery, 0.05 on intraday. you can have an account in HDFC, UTI, ICICI, citibank. they also provide other options for fund tranfer
[cheque/ direct deposit]. they give around 6 times exposure on intraday. incase of anymore confusion u can call me on 9920236768.

Hi ,
They provide u with any of the software . Web-based is free of cost but application based is provided under certain conditions ( i mean the volume u trade )

bye

HI Sachu,

Thanks for replying. Could you please put some light on AMC package which i got here only. They say after taking 300 Package i don't have to pay Transaction Charges on buying for 1 year and in 600 packages i don't have to pay any money as Trans Tax. Which one is better. This AMC is for only Transaction Tax or CDSL charges will also not be levied.

Currently in Indiabulls, These people charge for every single thing... They charge Brokerage, Service Tax, Security Transaction Tax, Transaction Charges. Except these also they deduct almost every day as CDSL charges. I don't understand what chares these are?

Thanks,
Mohit Jain

So finally before i exercise my choice i would like that if anyone wishes to add their final comments, opinions, suggestions, etc...please do so.........................................

Status
Not open for further replies.