Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand after going through all the posts is, why would anyone trade with Indiabulls if the relationship manager can do trades in your account. My account should be handled only by me! That is appalling!. I am with ICICIDirect for the last year & a half. The experience has not been perfect & intraday trading is pretty much out, but the interface is great , esp for F & O & nobody can get into your account.Also the shares as margin facility is great. Seems to me that if you do not want to do intraday trading in cash segment (the only weakness in ICICI), it is by far the best option.

At least they don't trade in your account on their own. The brokerage in F & O is 0.05. The cash brokerage is 0.75 not 0.9. I am sure all the brokerage houses charge STT & service charge. So why is everyone calculating this figure only for ICICI? Or is it that the others absorb the STT & service charge in the 0.5 that they charge? Actually most seem to be charging 0.6 & there seems to be some sort of monthly charge at sites like 5P. ICICI has no fixed charges.

I would recommend to stay away from ICICI direct for the time being. I opened ICICI direct account inspite of high brokerage because of convenience of tripple account at one place and being number one private bank. Now repenting and shopping around for the alternative because most of the time not able to use the site when I need it. Looks like they are not able to handle the high traffic on their site.

Hello to All.

I will share my views about the ONLINE accounts.Before going for any comparison, we should be very clear about our own needs .

=> I will recommend to have 2 accounts. First, the conventional account with a reputed broker , and second as an ONLINE account. You must have both simultaneously .
=>ISOLATE your bank account . For an ONLINE account you have options to link your Bank account to the Demat/trading account. If your bank is ONLINE(Say ICICI, HDFC, Citibank) , then the Direct Debit can hit your bank balance . If you are using the same account for your savings, your hard earned money can end up in complications. My friends also ended up in ECS/chques dishonoured , even use of Debit card can give you problems. Keep your bank account seperate. Intelligent traders still use Cooperative Banks for trading.
=>Manual notepad. Every deal ONLINE will give you Online referance number. Note it down in your diary immediately- Date, Time, Ref. No. as well as the amount. It is helpful if you want to reconcile your stock or your bankbalance.
=>Beware of scams. Dont pay any "expert" who will advise you or give online calls. Even a subscription to Business Line/ Economic Times will keep you updated on day to day financial events.

Hello Friend
I agreed to you up to a extant, that a dircet debit can cause to you a very big problem, but this can be avoided by check on our broker's activity' with clarity of term and condition with your broker, only because of fear of unfair direct debit we can't resisit our self to use benfit of moderen teconology.
Regards

Vishal Pawar

Hello to All.

I will share my views about the ONLINE accounts.Before going for any comparison, we should be very clear about our own needs .

=> I will recommend to have 2 accounts. First, the conventional account with a reputed broker , and second as an ONLINE account. You must have both simultaneously .
=>ISOLATE your bank account . For an ONLINE account you have options to link your Bank account to the Demat/trading account. If your bank is ONLINE(Say ICICI, HDFC, Citibank) , then the Direct Debit can hit your bank balance . If you are using the same account for your savings, your hard earned money can end up in complications. My friends also ended up in ECS/chques dishonoured , even use of Debit card can give you problems. Keep your bank account seperate. Intelligent traders still use Cooperative Banks for trading.
=>Manual notepad. Every deal ONLINE will give you Online referance number. Note it down in your diary immediately- Date, Time, Ref. No. as well as the amount. It is helpful if you want to reconcile your stock or your bankbalance.
=>Beware of scams. Dont pay any "expert" who will advise you or give online calls. Even a subscription to Business Line/ Economic Times will keep you updated on day to day financial events.

At least they don't trade in your account on their own. The brokerage in F & O is 0.05. The cash brokerage is 0.75 not 0.9. I am sure all the brokerage houses charge STT & service charge. So why is everyone calculating this figure only for ICICI? Or is it that the others absorb the STT & service charge in the 0.5 that they charge? Actually most seem to be charging 0.6 & there seems to be some sort of monthly charge at sites like 5P. ICICI has no fixed charges.
i THINK U ARE NEW TO STOCK MARKETS.ICICI WAS HAVING 60% OF THE CUSTOMERS LAST YEAR IN MID APRIL.NOW IT HAS JUST 38% CLOUT WHEN IT COMES TO ONLINE TRADING.THEY TRIED ALL GIMMICKS TO STOP THE OUTFLOW BUT STILL THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BLOCK THE ACTUAL HOLE.COMPARE INDIAINFOLINE OR GEOJIT BROKERAGE WITH ICICI.THEY BOTH DON'T HAVE ANY VOLUME COMMITMENTS AND BROKERAGE FOR GEOJIT IS .4785% INCLUSIVE OF ALL TAXES WHERE AS ITS .9668% INCLUSIVE OF ALL TAXES.SO EVERY TIME U TRADE IN THE CASH SEGMENT U HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE STOCK TO MOVE ATLEAST 2% (INCASE OF ICICI) IF U ARE SQUARING INTRADAY ITSELF.BUT IF U ARE HOLDING IN DELIVERY THEN IMAGINE U WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ATLEAST 4%.IF U DON'T HOLD FOR 4% U ARE PLAYING FOR ICICI AND NOT FOR U.
THERE MUST BE SOME REASON FOR A STOCK TO GO UP AND THERE IS NO REASON NECESSARY FOR A STOCK TO COME DOWN.REGARDING FUTURES AND OPTIONS GEOJIT CHARGES RS.75/LOT WHILE ICICI WILL NOT GET SATISFIED ANYTHING LESS THAN 220.I AM NOT LYING REGARDING GEOJIT U SEE THE ACCOUNT STATEMENT U WILL COME TO KNOW THAT.

Hello Friend
I agreed to you up to a extant, that a dircet debit can cause to you a very big problem, but this can be avoided by check on our broker's activity' with clarity of term and condition with your broker, only because of fear of unfair direct debit we can't resisit our self to use benfit of moderen teconology.
Regards

Vishal Pawar
Hello Vishal,

Although I agree with most of your opinions, I difffer with you on this "because of fear of unfair direct debit we can't resisit our self to use benfit of moderen teconology."

Its not only for for brokerage issues, but in totality . There can be so many scenarios where the unexpected can happen. Most of the commitments/promises by the persons who invites you to open an online account are not aggreed by the customer service. Hidden charges, conditions apply ~they always come out with some logical reason or the other. But the transperancy of operation still is a long awaited fact. Yes as you rightly suggested the brokers role is very important here.

I am sorry to say in my trading past (I mean ONLINE) some portals utterly fail to give offline support, means their phone numbers are continueously engaged, their RM s are inconsistent & branch office doesnot offer the resolution to any issues or queries.
NAMELY -ICICI DIRECT.

I can come out with n number of stories ,not only with ICICI but with 5p as well as Indiabulls- how they have made their customers run for their money ( typicla Scene - A/c closing, transfer of shares) or even their brokerage issues settlement , and most of the world here is aware of !!!

Modern technology backed with an excellent customer service is still a distant dream as far as Online trading is concerned.

Dear Sunandoghosh,
I am using India bulls trading facility. I find it is very easy to handle the interface and the brokerage is also very competitive. Their interface which runs on Java is very fast even in slow connections also. If you want any other information regarding Indiabulls you can ask me.
Thank you
gvnarendra
Hi

do you need to buy any seperate software.
Whats abt the Annual charges and brokarage charges.

I use Asit Mehta as my online broker (investmentz.com).

Plus points are:-

* Exe based software with tick by tick charts and streaming quotes.
* There server has never crashed or slowed down. Trades can be put even in the first 10 minutes of market open.
* No recomendations by RM.
* Most trades executed within 4 seconds.
* Havent seen any unauthorised deals done till now, niether in shares nor in the money.
* Auto sqareoff at 3.10 P.M. so no fear of auction if you forget about your short sells.
* Itemised bill cum contract of each share trade, brokerage applied, etc. accurate upto two decimals.
* There company and system is ISO 9001:200 certified.

Minus points :-

* Brokerage is a bit high (.075 each leg for day trades, .5 for delivery)
* If you go for exe based software, commitment of 1500/- required. Otherwise Rs. 500 per month is charged.
* 4-5 days for payout.
* no MACD, r % charts in software. Charts are basic in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.