Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jatayoo

hi the ''sharekhan'' site is a good mix of reasonably good research and fast trade execution.The best research is perhaps of ''motilal oswal'' but it is expensive.''indiabulls'' has not much to offer by way of research and it is updated very very late.''icici direct'' is bad but they are making some eforts to improve their research material.The site is really slow.
The brokerage you chose is a bit more than a trading platform with the lowest charges.The research input should make you think if not neccessarily buy on the recommendation.''sharekhan'' was the first to pick Aban Offshore and as it appeared to be a correct idea at the correct time i invested in it.My earnings in this are +600% today.So a little small percentage of brokerage here or their is offset by the gains on their advice.Incidently i have picked only 3 out of the 15 stocks in my long term portfolio from ''sharekhan'' and more often than not i do not accept their views.But it keeps me thinking.:D :D

SavantGarde

In my opinion I would rate Religare & UTI Securties respectively....considering everything from Reasonable brokerage charges, no hidden charges, online presence & ofcourse Research....all others mentioned by name in this Poll, don't even deserve a comment. less said the better.

SavantGarde

Hi
I am new to online trading , I have an account in HDFC and SHAREKHAN has a branch nearby. I am a small investor . Can anyone sugest me which one is best on long term.
Thanks
Jay

jatayoo

HI
I would like to reproduce something that Peter Lynch has written in his book''One Up On Wall Street''
...."If you buy and sell stocks through a full service brokerage firm insted of a discount house you're probably paying an extra 30 cents a share on commissions.That's not a lot,but it ought to be worth something besides a christmas card and the firms latest ideas......Why is it that people who wouldnt dream of paying for gas at the full service pump without getting the oil checked and the windows washed demand nothing from the full service broker?They can provide the S&P reportsand the investment newsletters,the annuals,quarterliesand prospectusesand proxy statements,the value line survey and the research from the firm's analysts.Let them get the data on the p/e ratios and growth rates,on insider buyingand ownership by institutions.They'll be happy to do it,once they realise you're serious"
How's that for chosing a brokerage.Their are one or two who'll not reply to your posts on their research posted on their web-sites.Others do not have a link for feedback at all.How i wish i had access to such a brokerage that i could talk to.Cannot find such a rokerage in our universe so far.If one does come allong i'll shift hook line and sinker from the other accounts.

Sunando I have used ICICI and am not satisfied with the level of support and systems required but everything will depend upon what your investment outlook are. If you are planning to day trade I would believe Indiabulls or sharekhan would be a better proposition. Both have a one time fee. With Indiabulls you have to pay seperately for the software but even that is a one time cost. Plus the software as per them is developed inhouse. Sharekhan I think also offers BSE trading. Just check with them. Welcome to the club

Hello Sir
I am also want to open account with Motilal oswal,Except the problem bear by you due to IPO scam is their any other problem with this plateform. What is the brokerage charge by them. One more thing can i invest in mutual fund through this account.

Thanks
Vishal

I had a a/c with icici since 2001 but their high brokerage and the trading platform always bugged me.

so, a fortnight ago I sighed up with motilal oswal. but before I could get my a/c details the ipo scam hit the market in which motilal oswal was also named. now I am in a real mess as my calls to the RM only results in "do din mein aap ka a/c activate ho jayega". email to motilal oswal regarding my a/c status proved to be futile.

yes icici may not be the kid on the block but atleast they have the INTEGRITY which in my opinion matters the most in the financial sector, which motilal oswal, in my experience with them, lacks as I am still waiting for the "do din".

what really bugs me is not the scam but the uncertainty due to the lack of communiqu on part of motilal oswal. a visit to their web page do let you know they are the best brokerage house in asia, yet the best brokerage house in asia not even bothers to answer your email.

regard,
jdm

All brokers mentioned here, clients don't have branch support where they locate, mostly support service will be centralised.

Apollo Sindhoori Capital Investment Ltd, providing service from branch office to their online clients.. with NIFTY / SENSEX 1 paisa brokerage; interested clients can try with them..

www.apollosindhoori.com - their official website.

Viewers feedback welcomed.

I agree with you.
I have used Indiabulls software from last 15 months ( boom boom days) and reaped the benefits. In fact the customer support is fantastic , u can approach the RM, and even the emails are answered promptly. They offer a simple user friendly interface and with little training you can be comfortable with the deals. Yes, java offers a better speed , but I shall recommend all the users for a broadband (never use dial up), BSNL/MTNL also give you fantastic speeds.

rajeshn2007

avoid sharekhan.
when it comes to brokg, they collect thu indirect charges like stamp duty, turnover chgs, which the other bkg houses dont collect.
whereas kotak charges only stt and service tax.
reliance money seems to be damn cheap. only 12rs per trade and no other charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.