Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am using share khan demat account.The experience with sharekhan is good.I personally feel there is competition only between sharekhan and ICICIDIRECT.I will list the difference between the two brokerage houses.

sharekhan:
1)Live streaming quotes (this is not available in ICICI DIRECT as to my knowledge)
2)Low brokerage charges,min brokerage charge is 20rs,intraday 0.1 and 0.5 for delivery.
3)can apply for IPO online.
4)Cannot able to purchase mutual funds from sharekhan site.
5)Streaming quotes requires JVM (This is a very big headache)
6)No BTST(buy today sell tommorow ,in sharekhan you cant sell a share today which you bought yesterday)
7)You have to open a bank account with the banks mentioned in share khan site.
8)Can trade in both BSE and NSE
9)Commodities trading is available
10)Customer support is good
11)No monthly charges
12)Annual monthly charges is 330rs

ICICI direct
1)Brokerage charges are high - intraday .3 and .75 delivery(only a slght difference compared to share khan)
2)No live streaming quotes
3)BTST is available,this facility is available only in icicidirect.(This is useful one)
4)Can apply for ipo online
5)Can apply for mutual fund online and can sell mutual funds online(This is facility is really useful,where it lags in sharekhan)
6)While opening demat account,three accounts are opened ,the saving bank account,trading account and demat account and you have to maintain minimum of rs5000 in case if it is not a salaried account-----our 5000rs sleeps without earning any money)
7)Other banks account cannot be linked with the icici trading account(in share khan more than one bank can be linked with the trading account)
8)Can trade in BSE AND NSE
9)Commodity trading is available
10)No monthly charges
11)Annual maintenace charges is 540rs

Conclusion:
1)The things i like in ICICI DIRECT is,to apply and sell mutual funds units online without the interruption of agents
2)BTST(buy today and sell tommorow)
3)Indians 2nd biggest bank
4)After hours trading(can place a buy or sell order after the market is closed,so that it will be executed in the next day)

The sharekhan lags the above mentioned points,If the sharekhan is able to provide these facilities in future,you can opt for sharekhan

But personally i feel,ICICI DIRECT is best ,since you get all the facilities under one umbrella even though their brokerage is little higher than sharekhan!!!!

Well this is my first post - I am yet to have an trading or demat account but last week I did call kotak for a first demonstration
He logged in to his account on my machine (Intel 915, 3.0, original motherboard, 512 RAM ) . I have an MTNL broadbad connection at home in Thane near Mumbai.
Rs. 3500 to open an account out of which
1000 will be available for buying shares
2500 for trading with an option of refund of Rs 2000 if the brokerage exceeds 2000 in first 6 months). If is it less than Rs 2000/- you don't get any money back.
For Intraday trading charges are 0.05 % both ways
For Delivery based trading Charge for buying is 0.45 % and for selling it is 0.45 % + plus Rs 23 per transaction or 0.05 % which ever is more as demat related charges
Additonally Rs 50 per month as annual maintenence charges on account
20 phone calls per month are free for trading and we have to pay Rs 20/- per extra call per month for trading.Ofcourse we need to also account for telephone bills.
Java script - is free - in fact the demonstration was very efficient - It was a saturday afternoon - so i cant really judge how it will be on trading day.
(the site was fast - the features were excellent)

Please note I alraedy have an account with them where they collect cheques
from my house free of charge so I didnt enquire there are any charges or how they collect the money for trading
Now that this topic has come up let me know if trading with Java or otherwise is an activity of downloading as in this that case it is to be added as a cost as Internet charges.
Mutual fund can be bought free of charge on this site
Subhash

friends, i got an offer of 1.5paisa brokerage on 5-paisa.com
my monthly liability is Rs1000 and it is refundablle if i
give a brokerage of rs 1000, very much achievable for me
as i trade only in options. they r offering me TT5,
any one can give me its feedback?
How nice is TT5?
rajib.

I can vouch for Reliance Money which I have started using since last 10 days. So far so good. Great thing is that I do not have to deal with any paper work at all and brokerage charge is zero for all trades when done on internet myself.

It is indeed good that I will be able to trade on MF as well as IPO all on internet with no form filling

Iam applying for sharekhan classic account,is there right decision?
the executive take 750 rs one check and another check for 1000rs for deposted in account after account openning.
waiting for ur suggestion.

today UTI people called me up, they r ofering delivery 0.4, no anual charges fr DP plus free 0 balance UTI acount (3in1)....... web based.
i have asked them to meet on monday, will be able to give further feedings after that!

I can vouch for Reliance Money which I have started using since last 10 days. So far so good. Great thing is that I do not have to deal with any paper work at all and brokerage charge is zero for all trades when done on internet myself.

It is indeed good that I will be able to trade on MF as well as IPO all on internet with no form filling
Hi Rajendra Raja

Just curious to know more about Rel Money. There have been some conflicting opinion about Rel.Money on this forum itself and before I take a step I would like to probe more into it. Please tell me more about your experience and any glitches you have faced with RelMoney. How is the customer service and their response towards you or are they just looking at opening an account ???

Thanks

Iam applying for sharekhan classic account,is there right decision?
the executive take 750 rs one check and another check for 1000rs for deposted in account after account openning.
waiting for ur suggestion.

You have taken the right decision, for more clarification look my earlier post which tells the adavantages and disadvantages between sharekhan and icicidirect.

cheers,
VJ

Status
Not open for further replies.