Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends,I am active trader in share market from last 1 Yr.My trading account is with Indiabulls(offline) and i am paying brokerage of .25% on delivery one side and .025% on F&O trading and day trading in cash(one side),but from last few months i have a problem in dealing in B2 shres and other trade to trde shares as SEBI has banned indiabulls from trading in those shares,could anyone please tell me about the online systems of SHAREKHAN & KOTAK MAHINDRA and whether they could trade in B2 and trade to trade shares.thanks.

hi,im having online trading accounts with both kotak securities and indiabulls since one year!i also have an offline commodities trading a/c with sharekhan.
i have to say that as far as most professional and hassle free service goes,kotak is the best.they have online fund transfer facility available with 4 banks namely citibank,kotak mahindra bank,hdfc bank and uti bank.u can also invest in mutual funds and subscribe for ipo's online at no extra charges!the only advantage that indiabulls has over kotak is the online trading software,i feel its better than kotak's...not that kotak's software is bad in anyway,its just a little bit slower than indiabulls but doesnt matter too much if u ask me!
these are the charges and brokerage levied by both....
KOTAK:
1. joining fee- rs. 650
2. charges for online trading software-nil
3. brokerage for cash market:
a. intraday- 0.06%
b. delivery- 0.59%
4. brokerage for derivatives trading:
a. intraday- 0.07%
b. delivery- 0.09%

INDIABULLS:
1. joining fee- rs. 700
2. charges for online trading software- rs. 750(one time payment only)
3. brokerage for cash market:
a. intraday- 0.05%
b. delivery- 0.50%
i dont use derivatives trading with indiabulls so wont be able to comment abt it.

ive gone through so many threads in this forum and read hundreds of people criticizing icicidirect but not even one person praising it so its surprising to see icicidirect leading the best brokerage poll on this forum!
i dont know about other brokerage houses but all i can say is that anybody can go ahead with kotak without any worries and moreover,they have introduced new brokerage rate of flat rs. 9 per 50000 in fno and rs.9 per 5000 in cash segment.and by the way,u guys shudnt worry abt small charges like 400-500 rs. when ur stakes in stock market are as high as lacs of rupees.so look at the big picture and stop worrying abt small charges!

Hi All,
I am planning to sign up with UTI securities 3 in one online trading a/c.I already have Demat a/c with UTI securities.Has anyone tried Usectrade?
Also,how is Idbipaisabuilder.com? They seem to offer research reports,charts etc.

murthymsr

hi all,

this is one of the most popular threads in traderji, for obvious reasons.

trading convenience & dependability for a broker is very important, but it is the brokerage that plays an important role in deciding the broker.

it is money, honey!

i tried to study the dependance of profitability % ( annualised returns ) on brokerage.

for this study, i have used an afl and optimised it for profitability. in back testing, the afl has identified 163 trades. i kept ALL other conditions SAME, but only varied the Brokerage % (in a range of 0 to 1.0 % per leg.) the annualised profitability was plotted against brokerage and presented as an attachment.

the importance of brokerage is very evident from the graph. it may be clear from the graph that trading with a brokerage above 0.5% is no trading at all.

by this post, i do not intend to undermine the importance of reliability of the broker.

i hope you will not ask me for the afl. ;)

murthymsr

Last edited:
Hey U looks very experienced person in this
plz tell me if I want broker that can provide me online as well as telephone trading
because I am not sure that everyday I can B infront of my PC
so during these days can i trade through Telephone
Actually sharekhan people told me that its possible
Is It really So?
I am just a begginer so which one is better for me
plz suggest i am so confused plz help me. Is there any big difference in BSE & NSE.because I think I wont be able to trade in BSE in sharekhan.
what are the drawbacks of sharekhan and ICICI plz reply soon
plz help

Hey U looks very experienced person in this
plz tell me if I want broker that can provide me online as well as telephone trading
because I am not sure that everyday I can B infront of my PC
so during these days can i trade through Telephone
Actually sharekhan people told me that its possible
Is It really So?
I am just a begginer so which one is better for me
plz suggest i am so confused plz help me. Is there any big difference in BSE & NSE.because I think I wont be able to trade in BSE in sharekhan.
what are the drawbacks of sharekhan and ICICI plz reply soon
plz somebody help me plz

Hello SunandGhosh,

So finally which account did you take, also please let me know what are the brokerage charges of the IndiaBulls? So that I can decide about the account.

Does Indiabulls or Sharekhan provide option to buy and sell the mutual funds online?

Warm Regards,
Manoj

Hi gvnarendra :)

Thanks once again for ur detailed and prompt reply... :p

Finally i have decided:

choice no. 1 indiabulls
choice no. 2 sharekhan

Status
Not open for further replies.