Zerodhaaaaaaaaa

TheDreamer

As much as I like the folks at Zerodha, I think Terry raises a very good point.
AOT,

This point is nothing new and raised by me, Ratan Jain and several others as well... Sachin/Zerodha has clearly mentioned that they will try to continue reducing the turnover cost in a sustainable way... what I like about Zerodha is their transparency and perseverance to solve all their customers' problems... :)

sumosanammain

AOT,

This point is nothing new and raised by me, Ratan Jain and several others as well... Sachin/Zerodha has clearly mentioned that they will try to continue reducing the turnover cost in a sustainable way... what I like about Zerodha is their transparency and perseverance to solve all their customers' problems... :)
Hey, do I know you from before? With a different id? :)

adityasaraf007

@terry1234 - You should go to SEBI and ask them to reduce STT! If you really want to save people, stop the unnecessary STT. That is what kills a trader. STT is much more than the turnover charges of Zerodha or any other broker.

So, go on, save the world - talk to SEBI, NSE, CBI, CID, UPA, NDA, whoever the hell is taking STT from you and giving NOTHING in return. The brokers at least give you a platform to trade, give you service, some even give you advice...

TheDreamer

@terry1234 - You should go to SEBI and ask them to reduce STT! If you really want to save people, stop the unnecessary STT. That is what kills a trader. STT is much more than the turnover charges of Zerodha or any other broker.

So, go on, save the world - talk to SEBI, NSE, CBI, CID, UPA, NDA, whoever the hell is taking STT from you and giving NOTHING in return. The brokers at least give you a platform to trade, give you service, some even give you advice...

Don't try to dilute the original point he has raised. STT is the same for every trader in every corner of India/abroad trading in Indian markets. But turnover costs vary from broker to broker and Zerodha takes the maximum among the discount brokers.

Don't try to dilute the original point he has raised. STT is the same for every trader in every corner of India/abroad trading in Indian markets. But turnover costs vary from broker to broker and Zerodha takes the maximum among the discount brokers.
So, you're saying that since an evil is prevalent in large scale, it's better to live with it - and extract everything from someone who is new and is willing to bend over backwards and give you the lowest cost and actually change the way the brokerage business is done in India?

Have you seen Dirty Picture???

TheDreamer

So, you're saying that since an evil is prevalent in large scale, it's better to live with it - and extract everything from someone who is new and is willing to bend over backwards and give you the lowest cost and actually change the way the brokerage business is done in India?

Have you seen Dirty Picture???

If you want your STT to be reduced, fight with the Government. Nobody is extracting anything from Zerodha. We as traders are pleading them to decrease Turnover Charges which are in line with other Discount Brokers.

Have you seen Serbian Film?

@TheDreamer - We're both traders, so essentially we both want the same thing. Lower costs. I am in total agreement with you on this... However, my point is that the government is taking money from us unnecessarily and we are paying it without a single protest. What if they increase STT tomorrow? Is there anything that actually protects a trader's interest?

Basically, what you're doing here is you're trying to extract more from someone who's already giving you enough and more! And you're not even bothered about what is actually destroying the individual trader in India - STT!

Let's start a forum, let's get collective traders to come together (like on this forum) and then approach the Government of India to reduce STT - that will be more constructive on your end. Just harping about and asking Zerodha to reduce its costs is the easiest thing to do, isn't it? And tomorrow if they reduce Transaction Charges, you'll say, charge me 15 Rupees per trade since Nifty has gone up and I'm paying more in STT. I mean, are we even thinking?

Let's start a forum, let's get collective traders to come together (like on this forum) and then approach the Government of India to reduce STT - that will be more constructive on your end. Just harping about and asking Zerodha to reduce its costs is the easiest thing to do, isn't it? And tomorrow if they reduce Transaction Charges, you'll say, charge me 15 Rupees per trade since Nifty has gone up and I'm paying more in STT. I mean, are we even thinking?
Kudos. I'm certainly game. Let's start a Facebook page and get pledges on a letter demanding the abolishment of STT.