Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

findvikas

I have started noticing since the last few days that certain users are posting messages .. not exactly fishy .. but these users have an ID which dates back to 2005, 2006, 2007 etc. but the no of posts are only 3 or 1 or 8 or 20 ...

They are generally not violating any rule but the messages are intimidating sort of - i.e. not directly - but the way the message is written ... its a fake written all over it ...

What can one do about this?

I have seen FIGHTS started in threads over the comments of such users eventually resulting in closure of thread.

Another example of it... :)
http://www.traderji.com/futures/35679-nifty-technicals.html#post386723

I've tried to compile one myself. You can take a look at the attempt or maybe add a few to it.
Link is in my signature.
Well, LT bro...I was talking about important posts and not important threads. Your compilation of Gems of TJ is indeed good. But think from this perspective...

Consider SG's thread, "Nifty Intraday Pivot Points" - there are a lot of times when SG has mentioned the significance of PPs and how to trade them but newcomers keep on repeating the same question leading SG ask them to refer the huge catalogue of posts in the thread....trully painstaking indeed.
Even for someone like me, who has read most of the posts in that thread...If I have to refer back those posts...I dont know how to read those again...
Currently, I copy the important posts into a notepad and save them for future reference but would love if TJ provides a provision to do that on itself.

Hope this clears the confusion.

lazytrader

He is talking about posts. Not threads. :)
Well, LT bro...I was talking about important posts and not important threads. Your compilation of Gems of TJ is indeed good. But think from this perspective...

Consider SG's thread, "Nifty Intraday Pivot Points" - there are a lot of times when SG has mentioned the significance of PPs and how to trade them but newcomers keep on repeating the same question leading SG ask them to refer the huge catalogue of posts in the thread....trully painstaking indeed.
Even for someone like me, who has read most of the posts in that thread...If I have to refer back those posts...I dont know how to read those again...
Currently, I copy the important posts into a notepad and save them for future reference but would love if TJ provides a provision to do that on itself.

Hope this clears the confusion.
I have mention the rules of that thread that links should be pointed at specific posts. But many ignore the rules. I have posted links to specific posts, in certain cases the thread with reasons mentioned.

I have mention the rules of that thread that links should be pointed at specific posts. But many ignore the rules. I have posted links to specific posts, in certain cases the thread with reasons mentioned.
Dear LT,
A nice compilation indeed. But seems the thread still has a long way to go and a lot of questions remain unanswered in its implementation.

There would tens of important posts in the thread (e.g, SG's nifty-intraday-pivot-points). How are you planning to post it? - Keep tens of those link in a single post for the thread...:fatigue:
Plus this would be a collection of an individual's favorite posts in some thread which may or may not be of someone else's interest.
Or, a person may want to add some more important posts of the same thread which he feels important - what does he do? Create another post in Gems thread and post that information - imagine hundreds of people doing the same in your thread, how are you planning to handle the same?

Instead of all this pain, wont it be better if every individual is allowed to select his favorite posts in a thread which he refer again from his profile's "Favorite posts" section. Dont you agree that this will simplify the process inherently?

- Hitesh

PS: Please consider the arguments in constructive tone. These are meant just to improve the experience of using TJ.

I must say I am really pleased to see such site which sharing good knowledge.
Keep the site as it is because it is simply the best. Color combination of background and font I like most. Speed of response also the best.

Can you start a new forum-Subgroup for Scheme of Arrangement, De-merger & Amalgamation . Since i am wondering where to post or get details from those who track these changes. recent example - NOVAPETRO > NOVA > GSLNOVA. how to treat / understand what's happening.

Why do we create so many 'introduction' threads with only one or two posts in each and not consolidated thread instead.
I guess it will be much easier to track new joiners on weekly basis rather than opening and reading so many threads.
We can even think of creating a standard format to capture information about the members and save a skill repository in process.

With regards,
BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.