VPS Share - Good broker... Better plans... Best pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me, what are the account opening charges?
Do they charge for both trading as well as demat account?
Are there any annual maintenance charges?
Do they offer BSDA account?
I didn't find these details on their website.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nadzz

Last edited:
I recently opened my account with VPS, Being traderji member Trading account opening charges was zero for me. For Demat i had to pay 300/- as they have DP
tie up with Globe Capital Ltd. BSDA facility is available with all DPs.
AMC for DP is free for BSDA account and for normal account it is 200/- per annum. VPS is very good in providing post accout opening services. taxes and charges are also being charges very genuinly by them.

I recently opened my account with VPS, Being traderji member Trading account opening charges was zero for me. For Demat i had to pay 300/- as they have DP
tie up with Globe Capital Ltd. BSDA facility is available with all DPs.
AMC for DP is free for BSDA account and for normal account it is 200/- per annum. VPS is very good in providing post accout opening services. taxes and charges are also being charges very genuinly by them.
Once you start trading with them do share your experiences with traderji members.

:thumb:

Hi Friends ..............

I had opened an account with VPS for all segments before two weeks.

I traded in Currency segment in USDINR future contract.

Stamp duty in currency segment at VPS is 200/Crore.

Turnover charges in currency segment at VPS is 160/Crore which I think the lowest among all discount brokers.

One broker charging lower turnover charges than this (115/Crore). But they charging 200/Crore as Clearing charges. So totally (115+200=315 total turnover charges) . But in VPS 160/Crore only since there is no clearing charges.

I thought to share the Contract Notes for the currency segment because I felt happy since there is no hidden charges.

In the above Contract Note:

Total number of trades: 2 (buy 1 + sell 1)

Lot size traded: 30 lots(30000 qty)

Brokerage charged: 20 (10 for buy trade and 10 for sell trade)

12.36% Service Tax on Brokerage: 2.47

Other charges(Turnover charges+Stamp duty+other charges): 134.09

Total charges with (Brokerage 20+ Service Tax on Brokerage 2.47)=156.56 (Breakeven point 0.5218 paise it will decrease when traded with huge lots)

From the above calculations I am sure there is no hidden charges in VPS in currency segment.
Monthly fixed brokerage in VPS for currency segment ( Rs: 799+ 12.36% service tax on brokerage Rs: 98.75= Total Rs: 897.75) is also lowest in the industry.

So I recommend VPS for Currency trading for those who are trading in Currency segment...................

One more Contract Note attached with number of trades: 4 and traded lot size: 30 lots( 30000 qty USDINR) for further verifications.

If I trade in other segments in future I will post the ECN and charges.

Others trading in other segments may post their calculations here. So that it will be useful for fellow members.

Qreous...
Curious to Trade...

Hi Friends ..............

I had opened an account with VPS for all segments before two weeks.

I traded in Currency segment in USDINR future contract.

Stamp duty in currency segment at VPS is 200/Crore.

Turnover charges in currency segment at VPS is 160/Crore which I think the lowest among all discount brokers.

One broker charging lower turnover charges than this (115/Crore). But they charging 200/Crore as Clearing charges. So totally (115+200=315 total turnover charges) . But in VPS 160/Crore only since there is no clearing charges.

I thought to share the Contract Notes for the currency segment because I felt happy since there is no hidden charges.

Qreous...
Curious to Trade...
Thanks for sharing the info Qreous .

You are stepping in the steps of our Softy . Helping other members of the forum to get a clear picture.

:thumb:

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me, what are the account opening charges?
Do they charge for both trading as well as demat account?
Are there any annual maintenance charges?
Do they offer BSDA account?
I didn't find these details on their website.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nadzz
Just give them a call and they will let you know . I talked to their customer support and they explained quite nicely.

After all my digging about various brokers I have decided to open account with VPS (earlier i was thinking of TSO)
Why?
My 5 reasons:

1.VPS Plans and charges are cheaper compared to TSO
2.VPS has hybrid plans which is better than seperate plans of TSO as you dont have to worry about brokerage they have actually combined %brokerage+fixed trade+unlimited plans together.
3.DP Annual charges are less 200rs compared to VNS 300rs.
4.VPS providing online trade in commodity also,TSO no commodity trade online
5.VPS is providing SMS alerts,No sms alerts for new customers in TSO

After all my digging about various brokers I have decided to open account with VPS (earlier i was thinking of TSO)
Why?
My 5 reasons:

1.VPS Plans and charges are cheaper compared to TSO
2.VPS has hybrid plans which is better than seperate plans of TSO as you dont have to worry about brokerage they have actually combined %brokerage+fixed trade+unlimited plans together.
3.DP Annual charges are less 200rs compared to VNS 300rs.
4.VPS providing online trade in commodity also,TSO no commodity trade online
5.VPS is providing SMS alerts,No sms alerts for new customers in TSO
You certainly did lot of research for getting a good deal. All the best buddy . The Hybrid plans are certainly a better way of doing business.

Best Wishes. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.