Tuna's Crude Recordbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
+5 point scratch to close the day. Good Night Guys.

Tuna

One last thing, I promised something on weekend, here is answer:

Sure Bro, 3 EMA OBV is just used for smoothening the underlying OBV. I tried earlier with 5 EMA, but it was lagging. See, I started using this OBV things on my chart ever since Mr. Varun Sir explained the benefit of OBV. All I did, instead of using the core OBV, I am using 3 EMA to minimize whipsaws.

RSI on OVB is my brainchild, I guess I discussed this system not so long back on BTS thread.

But the catch is not there. one have to be a little more observant :) .

When I started testing this system, it was good, but suddenly win-rates fell drastically as the market was changing the directions so abruptly.

You might have seen that I forced an off-time on myself from MCX Crude last week to check how to cope with this market.

Guess, I got it. I will reveal - but can you tell me what is changed on this system and why? Question is open to all who follow my trades.

Hint: Answer is not on the chart.

Ok it is getting late. Got some important meetings tomorrow guys. Keep this post flagged, I will explain what I did. To keep the fun intact - some more hint for the treasure hunt:

1. Direction during volatile market or accumulation / distribution phase causing whipsaws

2. Chinese Menu of trading system on the internet

3. The Concept of MTF(Multi Time Frame) of the Holi Grail System

Have fun till them. Explanation on weekend. Good Night .

Answer is in the First Bullet point

Though it is not addressed to me, but I tried my hand on this once Varun Bro started providing his input on my thread. What I have found ( Again, I am not doubting anything on his system):

• The market must be trending in the time frame you are trading - so be open to flip TFs, not always 1 min. Keep an alternate view ready with just 2 things - ADX (14) and 200 EMA. Start investigating bottom up - 1 min, 3 min, 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins (stop there for Intra/sclap). For positional ofcourse you can go further 30 min, 60 mins, 1 hour , 4 hour, day. Now which TF to stop - when you see ADX is > 25, it may not be on 1 min, but on 15 mins , so that is the trend you need to focus

• On OVB, you can use it as is Varun suggested. But if your platform allows a RSI on underlying - using that on RSI(OVB(CLOSE),14) - will help you greatly to predict if the OBV itself faking it or not. It also works as a trigger. For a trending up, failure of the RSI to break 50 line is a long signal and vice-a-versa for bearish. It also shows if the trend will die down shortly.

Now just plug this 2 things into your trading and you can check how many whipsaws you would have been avoided.

Tuna

Can u pls explain with chart when u r free?

DM
Chart and strategy is same as before. The issue is this:

Earlier (on a Daily Trending Market), we were using 15 mins TF as the trend identifier and 3 mins TF as the trading TF.

Now when the market enter Chop mode and showing no clear trend on daily and reversing frequently, this idea need to be tweaked as the market is changed.

So you need to search with the ADX view, bottom up, starting 1 min to find a TF (max till 15 min), where you see ADX is sustaining above 25 level for the longest duration - that is the predominant trend we are interested in.

So look for signal in that TF and trade that TF only. So your trading TF is no more 3 mins. It changes as the market changes. That's all.

Only when market gets in clear trend, we switch back to the original startegy (15 mins trend identifier, 3 mins TF trading). Hope it is clear.

dreammerchant

Chart and strategy is same as before. The issue is this:

Earlier (on a Daily Trending Market), we were using 15 mins TF as the trend identifier and 3 mins TF as the trading TF.

Now when the market enter Chop mode and showing no clear trend on daily and reversing frequently, this idea need to be tweaked as the market is changed.

So you need to search with the ADX view, bottom up, starting 1 min to find a TF (max till 15 min), where you see ADX is sustaining above 25 level for the longest duration - that is the predominant trend we are interested in.

So look for signal in that TF and trade that TF only. So your trading TF is no more 3 mins. It changes as the market changes. That's all.

Only when market gets in clear trend, we switch back to the original startegy (15 mins trend identifier, 3 mins TF trading). Hope it is clear.
Only the ADX line is enough right? We no need to bother about +di and - di na?

DM

Tuna

Yeap, only adx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuna

Crude +10 pips booked on short and out. Late Entry.

Tuna

Sometime you need to think outside your system. Look left, see the price of Crude is around 3590, what shall you do?

Tuna

Sometime you need to think outside your system. Look left, see the price of Crude is around 3590, what shall you do?
There is no Magic in it. Closed overnight Long position with 52 points and out.

@ Tom Dante: If you ever Visit TJ, here is one of your most obedient students, calling the market-fakes with the same arrogance you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.