TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

lvgandhi

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Dont worry about memory usage unless you have 1/2gb ram. ram is there to be used.

Firefox is stable for me. So probably something in your setup - addon/flash.
flash - keep it click to play. Also you dont need it unless you have known website that uses flash. I have uninstalled java and flash - i dont miss them, HTML5 is fine.

firefox is very configurable and has some great addons, i tried chrome and opera but never able to move past using them as occasional backups. Anyway, another alternative is vivaldi, i dont use it but its from ex opera devs
Can we remove adobe flash player from windows 10? Does it has any connection with firefox?

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Finally got dual net connection. First is from Tata Broadband, the second is from MTNL. Asked for 10MBPS connection, but have got 2 due to technical reasons. Tested for speed - Download is 2.10 MBPS, Upload is 0.43 MBPS.

Waiting for net to stabalize.... Intend to get Hathway who promise 40 MBPS. Some issues in getting the connection to be sorted out.

Have realized in fast markets, am losing out a bit due to slow speed. Worth spending a few extra K's to get a faster and reliable connection.

DSM

Need advise on the following :

1. How much time one should take into consideration to switch off the router if not in use? Usually, trading is done by 3.30 and I take two hour break to go to the gym. before starting trading MCX at 5.30 I usually switch off the router considering two hour break. However the question is if the net is not going to be in use for a shorter time frame say an hour or 30 minutes, is it recommended to switch off the router?

2. Since I have two internet connections what would be the ideal way to use them? I intend to use Tata Broadband (slower connection) during non trading hours...

3. Since have started using MTNL, noted 5 disruptions of 15-20 seconds within two hours of use. Not an ideal situation for trading. :(

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Need advise on the following :

1. How much time one should take into consideration to switch off the router if not in use? Usually, trading is done by 3.30 and I take two hour break to go to the gym. before starting trading MCX at 5.30 I usually switch off the router considering two hour break. However the question is if the net is not going to be in use for a shorter time frame say an hour or 30 minutes, is it recommended to switch off the router?

2. Since I have two internet connections what would be the ideal way to use them? I intend to use Tata Broadband (slower connection) during non trading hours...

3. Since have started using MTNL, noted 3 disruptions of 15-20 seconds within an hour of use. Not an ideal situation for trading. :(
1) Unless you are facing problems with router like overheating, no need to restart so often. I only shut it down at night and restart once at 19:00 to increase speed ( part of plan)

2) I dont know if both can be used together, but you can simply turn on whatever you want to use and turn off unused one. if switch will be frequent, leave both on i guess.

3) Better check with them if problem is regular. Could be some initial hiccup.
mtnl helpline is 1504 when called from its landline.

DSM

Thanks TracerBullet,

Noted re. 3. Will call MTNL and find out. After frequent disruptions, my MTNL net connection was disconnected from 6PM to 8AM today morning. i.e a total of 14 hours.

Trading is a difficult profession, more so in India. We have first to compete with other traders, then FII's and HNI's with algos etc, pay brokerage, face challenges in getting right 'fills', pay govt. taxes, STT on trading (irrespective of profit or loss), pay income tax on profits, telecom companies and also face problems with the internet!!! So trader has to survive all these challenges to be finally profitable. A rare breed indeed. :lol::lol::lol:

1) Unless you are facing problems with router like overheating, no need to restart so often. I only shut it down at night and restart once at 19:00 to increase speed ( part of plan)

2) I dont know if both can be used together, but you can simply turn on whatever you want to use and turn off unused one. if switch will be frequent, leave both on i guess.

3) Better check with them if problem is regular. Could be some initial hiccup.
mtnl helpline is 1504 when called from its landline.

amitrandive

Trading is a difficult profession, more so in India. We have first to compete with other traders, then FII's and HNI's with algos etc, pay brokerage, face challenges in getting right 'fills', pay govt. taxes, STT on trading (irrespective of profit or loss), pay income tax on profits, telecom companies and also face problems with the internet!!! So trader has to survive all these challenges to be finally profitable. A rare breed indeed. :lol::lol::lol:
:thumb::clapping::clapping::clapping:

DSM

Managed to get Hathway reps to visit finally. So will have Hathway 50 MBPS connection from tomorrow. Qtl Rs. 2,919 with 25GB limit. So Tata Broadband will be used as backup, and MTNL is to be discarded. (Guess MTNL will may make a record for the shortest connection time) :):):)

Managed to get Hathway reps to visit finally. So will have Hathway 50 MBPS connection from tomorrow. Qtl Rs. 2,919 with 25GB limit. So Tata Broadband will be used as backup, and MTNL is to be discarded. (Guess MTNL will may make a record for the shortest connection time) :):):)
Hathway ?? Are they giving you a personal modem (non-shared) or is it a shared connection (over LAN) ??