TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software)

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

Candle,

Yes I agree on the backup. Have got the forms for MTNL Internet - but held on as MTNL asked to submit on Mon. Meanwhile, asking around, I understand Tikona is a good option as well in my area. They have wireless towers (so no issues of cable disruption) I checked their website - they provide free testing for speed before connection!!!

Below is their plan, which I find attractive.

A backup is must. May be considered from Mobile Hostspot / Wireline / Fiber or else. From your experience I am also considering this as one of the point in my to-do list. Thanks.

DSM

Re: TT - Tech Talk (Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles, Devices, Systems & Software

:):):)

Nope VijKris, No abuse in my complaint, just vented out my frustration.

Here's my complaint :

Dear Sir/s,

Regret to bring again to your notice the poor quality of internet service, frequent disruptions and snail speed of my internet. Even google page takes a few seconds to load!!!

I have STOPPED COMPLAINING because your technicians come, checks the wires and goes back. And then WITHIN A FEW DAYS PROBLEMS RECUR.

As the poor quality of internet is hampering my work repeatedly, I regretfully have come to the conclusion that your technicians are unable to resolve the problem. I would have GLADLY OPTED OUT OF TATA INTERNET - SO HIGH IS MY LEVEL OF FRUSTRATION (AND NO DOUBT OF OTHER SUFFERING CONSUMERS) But have to continue till I have an alternative.

Thank you,

And here's my prompt appreciation mail, commending the engineer for resolving the issue, and also providing the company feedback :

Dear Sir/s,

Am writing back to you just to thank you for resolving my issue. I would like to provide the feedback so that it can be of help to other customers who may have the same problem and frequent complaints.

* What was different today was that your engineer Mr. **** visited my residence and understood and tackled the very root cause of the issue in two minutes - The problem of poor net connection and frequent disruption was due to the old lan cable (connecting the router) which was worn out and needed to be replaced. (It was over 5 years old)

* No sooner the above was done, my browsing experience changed and I got net speed that I have NEVER experience during the last 5 years.

* Suggest that your contract technicians be provided this feedback - as till now NOBODY checked the cable connecting the router. This simple tip to the technicians will surely improve your customer experience and satisfaction.

Kind regards,

:):):)

hi dsm ji,
if possible can u share the contents of the mail u wrote, (removing personal info).
would like to learn the art of writing harsh mails. :D

if there r gaalis in it, replace it with ------

Relish

20GB Cost 799 Speed 10MBPS Looks I am living stone age.....

10GB cost 1345 speed 7mbps (but max 5mbps)...... This is difference of City & village( village near city forget remote area even 2g donot work) that is also from pvt wireless bsnl will connection but no service just like your luck work then good if not then no responsibility ... :mad: :annoyed:

20GB Cost 799 Speed 10MBPS Looks I am living stone age.....

10GB cost 1345 speed 7mbps (but max 5mbps)...... This is difference of City & village( village near city forget remote area even 2g donot work) that is also from pvt wireless bsnl will connection but no service just like your luck work then good if not then no responsibility ... :mad: :annoyed:
It's always like that. Also, the speeds and connectivity in general will be better in Metro cities. I noticed it years ago with Youtele, which started in Surat in 2001/2002 and then spread to the other cities. I saw the difference in prices between Surat and Delhi, and then noticed how they have different pricing for different cities. The connection is much more stable in Mumbai and Delhi than in a smaller place like Surat.

The good thing is that with Reliance netconnect dongle, it works better in Surat and all crap in Delhi :D

DSM

Was looking to do some housecleaning and finetune my Laptop - as it is 5 years old - though the config is good i5 with 4 GB RAM.

Have this doubt. Google Chrome is hogging a lot of memory. Is that normal? As there seems to be 3 processes running for Chrome.

Appreciate feedback.

Thanks

TracerBullet

Was looking to do some housecleaning and finetune my Laptop - as it is 5 years old - though the config is good i5 with 4 GB RAM.

Have this doubt. Google Chrome is hogging a lot of memory. Is that normal? As there seems to be 3 processes running for Chrome.

Appreciate feedback.

Thanks

you have 4gb of ram, dont worry about it. If it keeps on increasing for similar workload, then there might be a problem. chrome has multiple exes i think for different tabs, some sandboxing.

You can also try ccleaner/autoruns and look at auto start programs - disable ones you dont need to start automatically.

Relish

Google chrome is in auto update mode always so for even tiny update; it continue update in background even you like it or not.

I see there are other option running like "Host process for windows taks" and "MS windows search Protocol host" I close them after starting computer but no effect on work or application needed.....

By MSCONFIG command you can close applications at start which we do not want when computer "startup" which can boot up early... But 1st find out which application we did't want to auto starts.

TracerBullet

Google chrome is in auto update mode always so for even tiny update; it continue update in background even you like it or not.

I see there are other option running like "Host process for windows taks" and "MS windows search Protocol host" I close them after starting computer but no effect on work or application needed.....

By MSCONFIG command you can close applications at start which we do not want when computer "startup" which can boot up early... But 1st find out which application we did't want to auto starts.
Probably does it through service so check there, buts why not keep it running if you use chrome ?

DSM

Thanks Relish,

I have disabled applications on startup that I do not require while trading. E.g Skype, Yahoo Messenger, etc. Also some Windows files that run by default such as AESTFltr (audio related)

One problem that I see maybe my Anti-Virus Quickheal. It does continious scans, so these days I disable antivirus and go off the net altogether to avoid any issues.....

Appreciate feedback.

Thanks

Chrome is worst in matters of resource cornering.
Uninstall it and one can feel the difference.