Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

wabuf

---------
Unionbank (fut) shows huge volumes traded at 10:52am at Rs.156.15-20; TradeTiger also shows the same. Wonder what it means.
?

Sir yeh statement k baad .. new highs bane he nai .. so shorted @ 13.50 .. thanks for another tip in unionbank .. :clap::clap::clap::clap: :D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Now Bankindia (spot) : There is a bullish 36/200 crossover on both, but the price is hovering around 200. So what's the trade, if any ? Is it a retracement or sideways consolidation or reversal ?

1. Are u waiting for 36 ema to cross 200 ema on both ? If yes ur entry will be delayed..

2. Obv crossed 200 ema in 3rd bar after opening. Thats the entry point. Then I think move got over by 9.35-9.40.

3. Draw horizontal line at yesterday's closing, both on price and obv.
now if obv > pdc of obv and now obv >200 ema, consider it good uptrend..
Then wait for price also to show same behavior , then it means price also is in good uptrend...

The crossover was there for both already. The scrip was in a retracement and I was looking for an entry.

As the things panned out, the price made a pivot low below 200ema and moved up, then went into sideways.

Will try drawing lines.
1. Are u waiting for 36 ema to cross 200 ema on both ? If yes ur entry will be delayed..

2. Obv crossed 200 ema in 3rd bar after opening. Thats the entry point. Then I think move got over by 9.35-9.40.

3. Draw horizontal line at yesterday's closing, both on price and obv.
now if obv > pdc of obv and now obv >200 ema, consider it good uptrend..
Then wait for price also to show same behavior , then it means price also is in good uptrend...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
The crossover was there for both already. The scrip was in a retracement and I was looking for an entry.

As the things panned out, the price made a pivot low below 200ema and moved up, then went into sideways.

Will try drawing lines.
Hmm.. I don have charts so can't comment exactly.. If u can say wat all scrips u trade so that I will also load it. EQ only, not fut..
Added vedl as aja bhai asked abt it..

Btw, What I have observed is that fresh crossover of 200 ema on both obv and price gives the best moves. Adding pdc lines will keep us in one direction which is beneficial.

VJAY

Hmm.. I don have charts so can't comment exactly.. If u can say wat all scrips u trade so that I will also load it. EQ only, not fut..

Btw, What I have observed is that fresh crossover of 200 ema on both obv and price gives the best moves. Adding pdc lines will keep us in one direction which is beneficial.
yes true ...:thumb:

wisp

Reentry I think is above previous pivot made above 36 ema (of course price should be above 200 ema cause that is the trend determiner), this is how to avoid sideways I guess and SL on pivot below 36 ema. Am I correct??

Long triggered in Bankindia, SL at 138

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Reentry I think is above previous pivot made above 36 ema (of course price should be above 200 ema cause that is the trend determiner), this is how to avoid sideways I guess and SL on pivot below 36 ema. Am I correct??
Theoretically u r correct. In realtime as well as bar replay any reentry even after using pivot gave lot of consecutive losses..
In very good trending situations, i.e fresh crossover happened yday and today at 9.20, 36 ema and 200 ema on both panes are bit far away, then use 36 ema and pivots for re entries, as most probably today also 200 ema will not be breached until serious pullback or reversal.

wisp

Theoretically u r correct. In realtime as well as bar replay any reentry even after using pivot gave lot of consecutive losses..
In very good trending situations, i.e fresh crossover happened yday and today at 9.20, 36 ema and 200 ema on both panes are bit far away, then use 36 ema and pivots for re entries, as most probably today also 200 ema will not be breached until serious pullback or reversal.
Was just stating Varunji's rules for Timepass :D

I dont trade thsi method

wisp

Long triggered in Bankindia, SL at 138
Bank India pausing for greed level 1 now :D