Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply and pointing me to that post. :thumb::thumb:

Actually, i was looking to create a sound alarm when green turns to orange in band1 and blue turns to red in band 2 at the same time(from the code you posted). Currently, there is alarm when code turns from red to blue or blue to red only. Market moves very fast in 1 min especially and this sound alarm will be very handy.

Would really appreciate if you could help me out in this regard.

Thanks so much :)
Yes, it is possible.. Will take up afl tasks in weekends only..
BTW, when both ribbons change color at the same time then it gives a high probability trade setup. code was created and cepetrader was supposed to give backtest result... He is missing now. . :(

Unionbank futures : Bullish crossover happened on OBV but not yet on price. In the spot, there was OBV crossover right from the morning (but not yet on price). So what does one do ? If a bullish move happens, it is likely to happen with a jerk up. Is it a cautious buy, or wait till the crossover happens on the price too ?

SevenD

Unionbank futures : Bullish crossover happened on OBV but not yet on price. In the spot, there was OBV crossover right from the morning (but not yet on price). So what does one do ? If a bullish move happens, it is likely to happen with a jerk up. Is it a cautious buy, or wait till the crossover happens on the price too ?

According to Varunji if obv shows strength, wait for confirmation in price too, and then enter trade, if SL meets your MM. OBV is a precursor to price.