Trading Nifty with Camarilla Pivots...!

vinodkiyer

i did these corrections (also mentioned in the guidlines for settings at the start commentary part of the afl by the author) about 3 days back when i dowloaded the afl from this thread, at that time i noticed the anomaly in divergences (not everywhere but in many places).

after market i will investigate again and post the charts , places wher i noticed this difference

linkon7

The price panel has a few useful information :

Bars are coloured based on average of last 2 cci point.

1. The pivot, R1, R3, S1 and S3 are basically derived from 30 min TF. Each of them act as the perfect stop loss depending on the situation. S3 / R3 are normally the breakdown / breakout points. R1 and S1 makes good trailing SL... Pivot is the point of control.

2. The BB(20,2.25) if pierced and followed by opposite color bar, its a good reversal sign. The high / Low of the bar that pierced the BB(20,2.25) is the MUST stoploss. the BB(20,1) acts as a excellent trailing SL.... This used to be my best scalping method for 6.5 points. It still works brilliantly....

3. if the band is flat, then change of the color of the bar is a good reversal sign.

Last edited:

linkon7

Exited 50% of the 5100 puts C/f from yesterday at 51.
holding the 5500 call short... for tomorrow...

linkon7

Another way of using the band, is to join the recent lows and extend it to the right. That line, if broken is the Breakout / breakdown point...We do this on a lower TF, preferably 2 min...!

linkon7

The Bb(20,2.25) and BB(20,1) makes a nice little channel (coloured in grey)
The slope of this channel is very important. If the slope is more that 30 degrees, trend is very strong. Counter trend trades will almost always end in a loss.

Keep adding positions (buy at S1 if uptrend, sell at R1 if down trend) if channel is sloping nicely in 15 min. Always keep the opposite band (bb(20,1) as the stoploss.

linkon7

exited 5100 put balance at 52.5
exited the 5500 call short at 20.2

My trade for the day is over...

Now back to the system...

linkon7

shorted at 5264...
sl 5270

penetration of the band.
cci coming down...entry...
sl..high of the penetration bar

praveen taneja

I was confused why mkt up now understand only to pick ur sl make it above 5272 which is 20day moving avgbro but u know better then me

linkon7

exited 50% at 5257...
lowered the cost...
sl at high of the penetration bar...

linkon7

sl for short... is 5271

It is also the entry point for fresh longs...