trading futures on technical analysis with toocool

XRAY27

Well, I am a discretionary trader basically and I don't generally trade on systems , but I will try, what kind of help you need? Explain :)
Rules for Entry exit and tsl are been designed ... i want your experiance to be added to define "discretionary trader.... "...what are point of discretionary we have to add for trading...

toocool

Rules for Entry exit and tsl are been designed ... i want your experiance to be added to define "discretionary trader.... "...what are point of discretionary we have to add for trading...
If you are a system trader, and you have optimal system and you have backtested it thoroughly then there is nothing to be discretionary about it. Just go with full force and trade it without fear

toocool

it was in october when i found out the support for nifty as 6030 which is still holding right now , it broken and closed below it 2-3 times but then markets made double bottom @5974 and is in bouncing mode so i just once became bearish few days back but market held 5974 , so for me there is still no sign of downside as of now

multiple emas on daily are still very nice , sar on daily has just turned positive , so it should be bullish as well . if not we have our stop losses:)

in last 1-2 months the only time i was bearish was when markets closed below 6030 to make a double bottom at 5974 , but when the double bottom was done and market crossed 6050-6080 , since then i am only bullish , and all guys know here that i was only talking bullish and new highs for so many weeks and months , the analysis was spot on , now the execution part was nice too .

and i didnt take any action on news in last 1-2 years at all:)

Gandhar.

in last 1-2 months the only time i was bearish was when markets closed below 6030 to make a double bottom at 5974 , but when the double bottom was done and market crossed 6050-6080 , since then i am only bullish , and all guys know here that i was only talking bullish and new highs for so many weeks and months , the analysis was spot on , now the execution part was nice too .

and i didnt take any action on news in last 1-2 years at all:)
news just accelerate the trend :D

jagankris

Well i don't believe in mixing news with markets, and I never intended to post it because of Elections results, I posted this generally.

News does not drive the stock markets :)
Because of the speculative nature of the markets - markets move drastically to news and events.
So I strongly believe in mixing News events with Markets - speculation.

toocool

Because of the speculative nature of the markets - markets move drastically to news and events.
So I strongly believe in mixing News events with Markets - speculation.
most news in the media is a paid or fabricated item, in the era of rich being richer and poor being poorer, insider trading, corrupt politicians having vested interests , money chasing human beings , false and fabricated balance sheets profits, losses .when the news is known to general public that piece is already old for atleast 3-4 months for the powerful and insiders

good luck believing in the news for your hard earned money .

it was said decades ago that in technical analysis news dont have any place , because markets are way ahead in trends by some 4-5 months ,inspite/instead of the news .

do you think the big volume traders who buy in advance do not have news ? and when they trade on news in advance(before retail) , retail should wait for news in media ? and not buy on charts ? which would obviously be in trend mode already .

taking two boats and stepping on both at the very same time is not possible i believe, since you cannot trust the news , because its fabricated , one must have alternative , and that alternative is technical analysis , and price action :)

toocool

Once again I have to go for an urgent work tomorrow in morning @6, not sure when I'll be back on pc and charts and I still have 2 lots longs, but I am not stressed out, it's ok :)