Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

DSM

Was reflecting on yesterday's 50 point loss, and the fact that it happened after a weak European market open. The point to ask is : Should the system take a trade after a signal is triggered or wait for confirmation of European markets and enter trade at 2PM? That would be ideal, but do not want to make arbitrary rule changes mid way. The fact is that European markets could have opened in the green and then the trade would have been valid. So something observed and to ponder on for later.

Meanwhile as of now, the system has signaled a long entry again at 7,423. But am posting this as of 10:23, so will take the current entry price @ 7,458 and SL @ 7,422

Edit @ 10:50 : Revised SL to Cost.

Edit @ 11:50 : Revised SL to 7,469

Edit @ 1:24 : Noted @ 1:10 5M bar touched 7,467. Considering we are still in the trade as 5M Bar not closed below SL level. Current price @ 7,490

1st Trade : SL Hit -45 points and -5 points for 'fill' : Total -50 points.

Last edited:

hmp

Dear DSM
Are you considering Renko system for above trade? How do you calculate your SL in that case?
I think in Renko system it would be advisable to take entry @ next candle after clear crossover occurs.& keep on riding the trend till two bricks of opposite colors( either 2 red or green) appears.
No other things to follow to keep it as simple as possible.What do you suggest?
Regards.

DSM

Dear HMP,

1. Yes, following Renko.

2. SL will be to trail SL to protect profit.

3. I have noted that MA's indicators repaint. Hence what may appear to be clear entry - in sideways zone, may actually indicate sell. So I have modified the rules. Let's test for a few trades live, check performance, and thereafter will list all the modified rules with statistics.

4. Agree. Trading system should be simple as possible. The most important aspect of swing trading should be to get an ideal entry with low level of SL. So looking at charts in higher TF, (4H) is advisable. The 4H closing candle for Nifty was at 1.15 - and clearly bullish. Hence wanted to hold on to long. Additional confirmation was of Europe open which was positive. Hence sentiments was in support of technicals.

5. I have personally taken this trade and am holding longs.

6. Charts attached.

Dear DSM
Are you considering Renko system for above trade? How do you calculate your SL in that case?
I think in Renko system it would be advisable to take entry @ next candle after clear crossover occurs.& keep on riding the trend till two bricks of opposite colors( either 2 red or green) appears.
No other things to follow to keep it as simple as possible.What do you suggest?
Regards.

Last edited:

Sunnyraj

Hello, in TT, is it possible to save changes made in the chart...like if i have marked support, resistance, trend lines on Tata steel chart.....and if i login to TT from another PC, i have to mark them again.

So is there a way to solve this ?

I know that there's option to save chart template, but that saves the indicators, moving average settings...so it's not helpful

I'm concerned about how to save the analysis on the chart..

Plz guide..

DSM

Hi SunnyRaj,

As I access TT from only 1 laptop, I will not be able to answer this. Suggest ask SK Tech for help - they sure will be able to guide you, and do share the response on the thread.

Hello, in TT, is it possible to save changes made in the chart...like if i have marked support, resistance, trend lines on Tata steel chart.....and if i login to TT from another PC, i have to mark them again.

I know that there's option to save chart template, but that saves the indicators, moving average settings...so it's not helpful

Plz guide..

Plz guide..
Right click --> Chart --> Save chart

DSM

TSL was not subsequently revised, and hit. Long @ 7,423 - Exit @ 7,469. Net gain in trade 2 is 46 points, less 5 points for slippages, taxes and brokerage.

Summary :

Trade 1 : -50 points
Trade 2 : 46 points
Cumulative : -4 points as of now.

Was reflecting on yesterday's 50 point loss, and the fact that it happened after a weak European market open. The point to ask is : Should the system take a trade after a signal is triggered or wait for confirmation of European markets and enter trade at 2PM? That would be ideal, but do not want to make arbitrary rule changes mid way. The fact is that European markets could have opened in the green and then the trade would have been valid. So something observed and to ponder on for later.

Meanwhile as of now, the system has signaled a long entry again at 7,423. But am posting this as of 10:23, so will take the current entry price @ 7,458 and SL @ 7,422

Edit @ 10:50 : Revised SL to Cost.

Edit @ 11:50 : Revised SL to 7,469

Edit @ 1:24 : Noted @ 1:10 5M bar touched 7,467. Considering we are still in the trade as 5M Bar not closed below SL level. Current price @ 7,490

Fundootrader

Any idea if there is predefined marketwatch for all FNO stocks - or how we can import from excel.

I want to basically get the IEOD data - from Tradetiger to Amibroker - So want to create marketwatch which can be linked to excel

DSM

Fundootrader,

Yes, can be done. And it is easy.

1. Go to the live scriptlist.
2. Right click 'Snap to Excel' and choose 'New Snap'
3. You will be prompted to savel or at the bottom of your screen you will see a blinking XL icon.
4. Open file - You are ready to go.

Snapshot attached.

Any idea if there is predefined marketwatch for all FNO stocks - or how we can import from excel.

I want to basically get the IEOD data - from Tradetiger to Amibroker - So want to create marketwatch which can be linked to excel

Fundootrader

Fundootrader,

Yes, can be done. And it is easy.

1. Go to the live scriptlist.
2. Right click 'Snap to Excel' and choose 'New Snap'
3. You will be prompted to savel or at the bottom of your screen you will see a blinking XL icon.
4. Open file - You are ready to go.

Snapshot attached.

Thanks - This is part 2 - how to link

First Q - is there predefined marketwatch for all FNO stocks ? couldn't find one