Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

travi

Do when they talk about "Recycle" of CD happening upon 'bar continuing upto 18' it relates to TDS*-SetUp#18 & NOT TDS*-CountDown#18 ?

Can somebody have a look, please.
I didn't understand what you are trying to ask.
What I'd posted is like the snap.
I'll be a little clear, this system has a lot of rules, and it is not a group indicator, so ppl like me interpret it with user discretion :D
A lot of emphasis came about price action etc in after times and I follow that a lot.

Do when they talk about "Recycle" of CD happening upon 'bar continuing upto 18' it relates to TDS*-SetUp#18 & NOT TDS*-CountDown#18 ?

Can somebody have a look, please.

[/url]free photo upload[/IMG]
As per my understanding, what they are saying is:
1. We completed a buy setup(of 9 bars)
2. We started counting 'CD'. but before CD-13 could reach, we encountered another setup (with 18 consecutive bars). As 'new setup' size is more than 'old setup', 'old setup and current CD' will stand cancelled. And 'new setup' will be active.

Hope i got your question correctly.

travi

2. We started counting 'CD'. but before CD-13 could reach, we encountered another setup (with 18 consecutive bars). As 'new setup' size is more than 'old setup', 'old setup and current CD' will stand cancelled. And 'new setup' will be active.

Somethings in the book are also contextual, so logically, leave TD aside for a minute but that's what he is doing.
Recycle happens here bcos of gaining momentum in selling pressure and not bcos new setup size is more. He may have it as another sub-rule.
Especially the "but before CD13 could reach" that you are interpreting.
He is trying to explain the recycle and new CD1 with reference to old CD13.

travi

I know for the sake of your matrix, its complicating where to place it.
Just normalize a newer setup, that's what I do.
Generally, CD is where consolidation happens before reversal, so when CD behaves like a setup, you need to create a rule to reset CD.
That's what's happening.

Yeah, regarding cancellation of current CD only. Size or cancellation of old SetUp were not meant to be touched in the post.
My confusion had arisen because from your previous post(as below) I thought you were referring to CD#18 and NOT SU#18 for purpose of Recycle.

I hope you have read that the CD can also fail, its not a full proof system, if interpreted correctly with market conditions it is very potent.

CD can continue upto 18 and beyond but then user discretion should step in.
Mostly recycle or opposite setup will occur by then.
After your last post my thinking is in sync.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, regarding cancellation of current CD only. Size or cancellation of old SetUp were not meant to be touched in the post.
My confusion had arisen because from your previous post(as below) I thought you were referring to CD#18 and NOT SU#18 for purpose of Recycle.

After your last post my thinking is in sync.

Thanks
Not for the purpose of documentation(in matrix), but for the purpose of my understanding, i have simple 2 rules(which might not be in sync with literature):

Rule-1: Once CD-13 is completed, i will look for a 'flip' and will not wait for CD-14/15. if i get CD-14/15 before a flip, fine, but i will be little lazy to mark it, and my eyes will only be looking for 'flip'. If we get a 'flip' we are in the trade. So in my trades, i will probably never encounter CD-14/15

Rule-2: Sometimes when we see setup within another setup or CD getting recycled or any such scenario where we are not very clear (for time being), i will give that trade a pass (as of now). Once we spend enough time with the system live trading it, those things will automatically get cleared. Else Seniors are always there to help us :thumb:

Last edited:
Somethings in the book are also contextual, so logically, leave TD aside for a minute but that's what he is doing.
Recycle happens here bcos of gaining momentum in selling pressure and not bcos new setup size is more (than 18 is the objective qualifier/criteria to declare Recycle is on). He may have it as another sub-rule.
Especially the "but before CD13 could reach" that you are interpreting.
He is trying to explain the recycle and new CD1 with reference to old CD13.
Bold italicized added.
Plz read underlined leaving out 'smalled' words. I feel Pearl means it to be in this way.
Seniors please comment.

travi

Jason's text in bold says 18 from the 9 will recycle, so in your post where you mention "size" of current is greater than "old" wasn't mentioned here and that's what your post said, so I just cleared that.
Buy setup, followed by a continuing Buy setup, means forget the old one and start CD again.
The setups here, don't engulf each other.

If old engulfs new, then priority is for old and vice-versa.
Just apply own understanding (logic) rather than plain reading his text.

Jason's text in bold says 18 from the 9 will recycle, so in your post where you mention "size" of current is greater than "old" wasn't mentioned here and that's what your post said, so I just cleared that.
Buy setup, followed by a continuing Buy setup, means forget the old one and start CD again.
The setups here, don't engulf each other.

If old engulfs new, then priority is for old and vice-versa.
Just apply own understanding (logic) rather than plain reading his text.
May be i wanted to covey same thing but i messed with my 'selection' of words :eek:

travi

Not for the purpose of documentation(in matrix), but for the purpose of my understanding, i have simple 2 rules(which might not be in sync with literature):

Rule-1: Once CD-13 is completed, i will look for a 'flip' and will not wait for CD-14/15. if i get CD-14/15 before a flip, fine, but i will be little lazy to mark it, and my eyes will only be looking for 'flip'. If we get a 'flip' we are in the trade. So in my trades, i will probably never encounter CD-14/15

Rule-2: Sometimes when we see setup within another setup or CD getting recycled or any such scenario where we are not very clear (for time being), i will give that trade a pass (as of now). Once we spend enough time with the system live trading it, those things will automatically get cleared. Else Seniors are always there to help us :thumb:
For the 1st part, that now introduces user discretion :D
For the 2nd part, I've added a bit in my previous post.
So keep an eye on that, else you'll miss a very good opportunity :p