The Crash( 17.5.2006) and FII activities since then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a word of caution on this gung-ho,it wud not surprise me if f2's and mfs were net sellers today.
I mean we did not see 500 points rally in any stage of bull run,but in a confirmed downtrend we are seeing 500 points rally every week.Looks like dog eat dog analogy of Amitbe is a reality now.

C

Czar

pkjha30 said:
Hi

As Amit said a close above 2800 would be dream come true.

Pent up feelings gave vent to their expressions. The wild gyrations of nifty and sensex reminds me of disco dancers of yesteryears.

This simply indicates that we will de dancing to the tunes of Saturday night fever. Poor bears .

Czar, you were bang on target.:D
I would say Bull's Eye.

There is only one problem. When we wake up ???

This week and next one will surely provide some answers. And This is no bear party. Amit.

Pankaj:)
Thanks dada... though closing missed by 2 points :)

For waking up query I quote what I wrote elsewhere:

well what I made in morning was not a lucky guess but as last 3 friday closed big positive, the mob was waiting to cover shorts todays low & go long, sadly the ops had other plans, after all if they are predictable, then non-sensex will become safesex. rroolf

unfortunately tomorrow "blood on the dance floor" I expect

regarding bulls eyes, Please dada, dont give gaalli, I strongly object... please say bear's eye...lol in this market if someone call me a bull I am dead

Last edited by a moderator:

pkjha30

Hi
So Happy everybody

Here is NSe figures about our friends

FII trading activity on NSE and BSE in the Capital Market segment(In Rs. Crores)
Date ---Buy Value--- Sell Value ---Net Value
15-Jun-2006--- 1555.75--- 1433.6--- 122.15

And SEBI

Reporting Date---Gross Purchases(Rs Crores)----- Gross Sales(Rs Crores)---- Net Investment (Rs Crores)---- Net Investment US($) million at month exchange rate
15-JUN-2006---- 1557.70---1921.10---(363.40) ----(8.00)

Our MF s

And MF for 14.6.1006
date----buy-----sale----net
14.06.06 ---126.94----465.20---- -338.26
Total For june2006---3065.11---5118.95---(-2053.84)

So on NSE it was a net buy for FII. SEBI says net sell os Rs. -363 crs.

So while our dear nifty and sensex has done atheletics in high jumps FIIs has encouraged and quitely sold off on the whole.

The white night in shining armour our own desi MFs have take quite a hit as per news reports and they are net seller for June 2006 for Rs. 2053 crs.

there was some news suggesting JhunJhunwala lost 700 crs.

Today was a bear cruncher day. Those who were found on the ground with Honey (bears are very fond of and are not afraid of swarming little bees) have been put through wringer. The market has closed higher than the closing indicated by NSE.

That means in most of the cases it opens up higher.

But then that is not expected to happen in a FII led market as it might be the turns of euphoric investors with few remaining family silvers and scores of hurt foot soldiers.

Wouldn't they like to extract a revenge.

Its very sweet. but then, that game is very dengerous. Lesser mortals should better watch from sidelines. Only when uptrend is confirmed go for your stocks.

Let us see global cues

USA is in green and opened up with a gap.
Europe was all green
Asia pacific was mixed but majority in green with our performance being stellar

Thats it.

If overnight Dow sustains we could hope for better times ahead.Certainly global sentiments will turn neutral and then positive. Bernanke and oil might have been discounted. At least that is what we will be led to believe so retails can get in. When it starts reaction will be swift as always.

Let me tell you exactly same thing happened at least four times in my memory. Scripts are same, even sequence , analysis comments all are similar. Concernes raised are also same. They are copying from the same old notebook which they read in their college days.:D

So upshot is If you are ready with list then keep the Bike primed but on hold. You can always accelerate.

ps : bulls and bear phrase is quite handy so I use it. It is also graphic.

Bulls till the land . they are drought animal. Used for rural transport in india.

What about bear.

The are found in forest. Villegers try to chase them out. They are fond of Honey and are not afraid of bees. They are vegetarian but quite aggresive on occasions. You are caught before bear pretend you are dead. they will leave you else they will ensure that you become dead. They are not useful for mankind in a manifest way but if tamed they provide good entertainment. Madari has to be careful. Madari also keeps a chaperon and a Monkey.. Remember the monkey story. Sometimes Madari employs persons to pickpoket the crowd which gathers to see the antics of bear and monkey.

Lesson : Be careful with bear Either become Madari(FII) or avoid crowds
Bulls are good, innocent and occasionaly rampant or fatigued.
:D

C

Czar

Dada the USA market are climbing steadily mexico jumping 5%, gold silver copper zinc all heavily up & EU are mostly all above 2.5%

pkjha30

Czar said:
Dada the USA market are climbing steadily mexico jumping 5%, gold silver copper zinc all heavily up & EU are mostly all above 2.5%
Yes Czar Looks like bulls have gulped down lot of bears in one go and running amok.

pkjha30 said:
Yes Czar Looks like bulls have gulped down lot of bears in one go and running amok.

Hi Pkjha 30,

I have been going around your articles. Really nice ones.

Can you please tell me where can I find the latest activity done by FIIs in Indian Stock market. and is it possible to find which stock they have bought or sold.

Thax

pkjha30

zen_monk said:
Hi Pkjha 30,

I have been going around your articles. Really nice ones.

Can you please tell me where can I find the latest activity done by FIIs in Indian Stock market. and is it possible to find which stock they have bought or sold.

Thax
Hi zen

Some of the sources are listed below

http://www.nseindia.com/content/equities/eq_fii_nsebse_archives.htm

http://www.sebi.gov.in/Index.jsp?contentDisp=FIITrends

http://markets.moneycontrol.com/india/stockmarket/foreigninstitutionalinvestors/08/54/activity/FII

In addition to the three sources, most of the websites on Indian stock market would provide such data.

pkjha30

Hi

Dow and Nasdaq was dancing. All ended in green well up to some unexpected levels

Dow closes at 11,015.19 up 198 points full 1.83%
Nasdaq at 1,573.08 up 42.82 points full 2.80%

All world indices are firmly in green

Wow! :D

Yesterday when I was looking for a Nifty stock whch closed in red I got the message " No records Found"

This was just opposite to few days ago when I ran similar search for Nifty gainers and I got message "No records Found"

Sentiments are truly fickle and can take turns in any direction.

Today If we are reflecting US of A then it would be another 5% or above closing. Pentup sentiments of hurt peoples will be unleashed with fury.

But for investor I would remind only one thing. Even now nothing has changed. You invest at the value you are comfortable with. Check fundamentals and avoid dubious stocks. Preferably stick to largecaps which are available at valuations that was in Jan 2006.

But wait for another day's rise so that we get the down trend seriously questioned.

people rooting for TCS and infy etc may not worry much.

For India world changes are crucial. Liquidity concerns will manifest in many ways and sensex target of crossing the peak will be delayed.

Bernanke is still out there. But surely he will be discounted .

Global factors for India will turn into positive by this week or so I hope. Afterall their investors have to be convinced that India is Politiclly less risky and is on a sustainable growth path rather than overheating.

This will certainly take time. Jury is still out if it is a bear market or we tested low when sensex broke below 9000 for a brief moment.

Looks like this week main batsmen would return with vigour and I will finally be able to say goodbye for this thread as it was meant for Monitoring during crisis only and when sun is not shining.

God bless us all
pankaj:)

pkjha30 said:
Hi

Dow and Nasdaq was dancing. All ended in green well up to some unexpected levels

Dow closes at 11,015.19 up 198 points full 1.83%
Nasdaq at 1,573.08 up 42.82 points full 2.80%

All world indices are firmly in green

Wow! :D

Yesterday when I was looking for a Nifty stock whch closed in red I got the message " No records Found"

This was just opposite to few days ago when I ran similar search for Nifty gainers and I got message "No records Found"

Sentiments are truly fickle and can take turns in any direction.

Today If we are reflecting US of A then it would be another 5% or above closing. Pentup sentiments of hurt peoples will be unleashed with fury.

But for investor I would remind only one thing. Even now nothing has changed. You invest at the value you are comfortable with. Check fundamentals and avoid dubious stocks. Preferably stick to largecaps which are available at valuations that was in Jan 2006.

But wait for another day's rise so that we get the down trend seriously questioned.

people rooting for TCS and infy etc may not worry much.

For India world changes are crucial. Liquidity concerns will manifest in many ways and sensex target of crossing the peak will be delayed.

Bernanke is still out there. But surely he will be discounted .

Global factors for India will turn into positive by this week or so I hope. Afterall their investors have to be convinced that India is Politiclly less risky and is on a sustainable growth path rather than overheating.

This will certainly take time. Jury is still out if it is a bear market or we tested low when sensex broke below 9000 for a brief moment.

Looks like this week main batsmen would return with vigour and I will finally be able to say goodbye for this thread as it was meant for Monitoring during crisis only and when sun is not shining.

God bless us all
pankaj:)
No goodbyes for you,my friend.......you don't get to escape that easily.Many here enjoy this thread and looking fwd to many many more posts from you.

You were never a nightwatchman from the beginning,.........more so now after all the triple and double centuries you've scored over the last few weeks.:)

All the best and looking fwd to many more!

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Equities 21