system trading is best if used Systematically

abhiwhy

HERE I M PRESENTING IMPROVED EXPERT ADVISER SYSTEM
IT IS ALMOST SAME AS I WAS TELLING BUT IT IS NO PERFECT SYSTEM BETTER TO USE ADX CHART WITH 9 SMA
TOGETHER WITH THE SYSTEM.
WE WOLD TOGETHER MAKE IT A PERFECT SYSTEM WITOUT ANY ERROR OR FALSE SIGNAL

OPEN EXPERT ADVISER IN METASTOCK
PRESS NEW
NAME : TREND RUN
OPEN :HIGHLIGHTS
CLICK : NEW
NAME BUY
SELECT COLOR BLUE
COPY AND PASTE THIS FORMULA

BUY(COLOR BLUE) FORMULA : Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE) )
CLICK OK
REPEAT THE SAME AGAIN
NOW NAME NEW HIGHLIGHTS
SELL
COLOR RED
COPY PASTE THIS FORMULA
SELL(COLOR RED) FORMULA : Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE)
PRESS OK
PRESS OK YOUR EXPERT IS READY

BUY WHEN BLUE COLOR COMES HOLD AS LONG AS BLUE IS THERE
SHORT WHEN RED COMES HOLD AS LONG AS RED IS THERE

HAPPY TRADING
ABHI :thumb:

Attachments

AW10

Abhi, thanks for bringing in idea to develop this system. That uses ADX to know when it is about to start trending or about to close the trend. Then adding MAs to look for entry exit.
System development has been area of my interest that attracted me to this thread.
Here are my few observation..
1) What you have demonstrated here is a setup condition. To trade this setup signals, the complete systems need to have precise rules for Entry / Stoploss / Trailing Stoploss / Profit Exit /
Position sizing/ Risk Management. Until we address these points, it becomes difficult to trade the right side of the chart.

2) In selecting the trades, u have been a bit choosy and ended up picking up only big visible trades. If you are thinking for system trading, then u got to pick up all signals.
What about the ADX golden cross entry generated in Dec 07/ Jan 08/ Mar08/ Apr 08/ Jan 09/ Feb 09 / May 09/ Jul 09 etc.
In these months, ADX gave the crossing to take trade and I am sure, EMAs would have given u long or short entries at that time. When following the system, we don't know what is going to come on right
side of the chart.. whether it is going to be clear trend or just whipsaw.. Unfortunately, while doing visual backtesting, our human mind is biased towards all entries and start using judgement that
those small whipsaw trade can be ignored.
Until u put precise entry/exit rules, you will not be able to go beyond visual backtesting to real trading oriented backtesting.

3) You are not using any stoploss (which is risky in trading). In absence of them, currently u are able to ride the retracements in big trends. But if u use these rules then it is quite possible that
u get stopped out in those retracements. Ofcourse u can re-enter, but in the process, ur actual profit will get a bit of hit.

4) In system design, we need to konw the important parameters like win %, loss %, average win size, average loss size, maximum consecutive loosing trades, biggest drawdown for open trade etc.
In absence of that we might never know our system well enough to trust it.. and obey each and every signal to the dot (maybe thats what happend with u when exited the winning trade early).

Just few thoughts from me. Plz take them in right spirit.

Happy Trading

abhiwhy

DEAR AW 10 THANKS A LOT FOR DEVOTING UR PRECIOUS TIME AND SO MINUTELY EXAMINING MY SYSTEM RESULTS AND PRESENTING UR VIEWS OVER THAT WE NEED UR KIND OF PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD TO MAKE RESULTS MORE PRECISE ACCURATE AND EARNING .
UR OBSERVATIONS ARE FANTASTIC AND QUESTIONS REASONABLE
HERE IN THIS POST I M ATTEMPTING TO ANSWER ALL YOUR AND OTHER PEOPLE DOUBTS AND QUERIES ABOUT IT

(ADX) evaluate the strength of a current trend, be it up or down. It's important to determine whether the market is trending or trading (moving sideways), because certain indicators give more useful results depending on the market doing one or the other.
The ADX is an oscillator that fluctuates between 0 and 100. Even though the scale is from 0 to 100, readings above 60 are relatively rare. Low readings, below 20, indicate a weak trend and high readings, above 40, indicate a strong trend. The indicator does not grade the trend as bullish or bearish, but merely assesses the strength of the current trend. A reading above 40 can indicate a strong downtrend as well as a strong uptrend.
ADX can also be used to identify potential changes in a market from trending to non-trending. When ADX begins to strengthen from below 20 and moves above 20, it is a sign that the trading range is ending and a trend is developing.

Moving averages are the average of past data of any particular data series it moves slower to the main movement and therefore provides room to the main data series to fluctuate above/below it , as long as base indicator or data series move faster than moving average its ok ! but when the main data series starts slowing down(in case data series is above moving average ) both comes closer and finally cuts it .the main data series moves downward faster and goes below it then it is assumed as long as the main data series is below it will fall and when it again cuts it will go higher .

this is something what we all know about ADX and MOVING AVERAGES

NOW LETS TALK ABOUT THIS SYSTEM

1. ENTRY : HERE ONE THING I WILL LIKE TO TELL EVERY ONE, THIS SYSTEM HAS TO DO NOTHING WITH 313 CROSSOVER
2. IT ONLY GETS DIRECTION FROM 313EMA CROSSOVER AS THIS IS A VERY FAST PATTERN FOR GETTING INTO THE MARKET DIRECTION
3. TRADE THE TRENDS THATS THE PUNCHLINE OF THIS SYSTEM
4. WE HAVE TO DO NOTHING WITH POSITION OF ADX
5. ITS IS A UNIVERSAL TRUTH THAT ADX LINE WILL ALWAYS BE FASTER THAN ITS 9SMA
6. WHEN ANYTREND STARTS WHETHER SHORT TERM OR LONG TERM ADX WILL RISE AND CUT 9SMA FROM DOWNSIDE BECAUSE EITHER A BULL MARKET OR THE BEAR ADX ONLY KNOWS RISING (FOR A TREND BULL OR BEAR )
7. WHEN ADX WILL FALL THE TREND FALLS , IF IN A BULL /BEAR MARKET IF PRICE ACTION IS AGAINST ADX I, TREND IS FALSE AND IT HAS SHORT LIFE.
8. SO IF WE START IN THE BEGINNING OF A TREND AND LEAVE IT WHEN IT HAS CHANCES OF WEEKENING OR RE ENTER WHEN IT CORRECTS .
9. WE ARE ALWAYS ON THE WINNING SIDE

THEORY OF SYSTEM
WHEN TREND TAKES BIRTH ADX STARTS RISING AFTER IT IS LITTLE BIT DIRECTIONAL IT WOULD CUT 9SMA

WE CHECK FOR DIRECTION 313 EMA CROSSOVER CONFIRMS DIRECTION AND PROVIDE STRENGTH TO OUR DECISION
WE COME AND TAKE OUR POSITION AND WAIT UNTILL TREND PERSISTS .

I HAVE AVOIDED STOPLOSSES AS THE SYSTEM ALLREADY USES FAST INDICATORS
U CAN ANALYSE OR PAPER TRADE, U WOULD FIND WHENEVER IN A TRENDY MARKET
IF A SIGNIFICANT LEVEL IS BREACHED ADX WOULD CUT ITS RATHER FAST 9SMA
9SMA IS A FAST MA AND THEREFORE I HAVE USED IT , PROVIDES PROTECTION TO TRADERS POSITION ACTING AS A STOPLOSS

TRENDY MARKETS ARE THE GAMES OF BIG MARKET PLAYERS AND ARE DRIVEN BY SO CALLED STRONG HANDS (DAW THEORY ) THEY(SMART INVESTORS , BROKERS ,INSTITUTIONLAL BUYERS, FUND MANAGERS ) RUN THIS SYSTEM AND THE USE ALL SHORT OF TACTICS SUCH AS ( 10-15)% (HIGH LOW) OR FALL ON INTRADAY BASIS , UR PROFIT BOOKING OR STOPLOSS GETS TRIGGERED ,U HAVE BURNT UR DUMP MONEY AND MARKET CLOSES (1-2)% HIGHER OR LOWER AND EVERY THING BECOMES ALRIGHT FROM NEXT DAY .

AND U R LEFT WITH THE LOSSES AGAIN

MY FRIEND THINK OVER DIFFERENCE, THIS SYSTEM DO NOT GIVE U SIGNALS EVERY EVENING U MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR EVEN 5-6 MONTHS BECAUSE SYSTEM TRADES ONLY TRENDS AND IT HAS TO DO NOTHING WITH THE NORMAL MARKET UP DOWN MOVEMENTS .

{n selecting the trades, u have been a bit choosy and ended up picking up only big visible trades}

THATS THE KEY MY FRIEND U NEED TO BE RATIONAL TO TAKE GOOD DECISION IF U USE ,SAME GLASS TO VIEW EVERY THING U R NEVER GOING BE A WINNER

HERE I M POSTIN A CHART WITH AN EXAMPLE , FOR UR CLARIFICATION ,WHICH TRADE I PICKED .
AND WHY

{4) In system design, we need to konw the important parameters like win %, loss %, average win size, average loss size, maximum consecutive loosing trades, biggest drawdown for open trade etc.
In absence of that we might never know our system well enough to trust it.. and obey each and every signal to the dot (maybe thats what happend with u when exited the winning trade early).}
U OPEN METASTOCK ENHANCED SYSTEM TESTOR
CLICK ON NEW SYSTEMS NAME IT
WRITE DOWN
BUY FORMULA

Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE) )

THEN SELL
CROSS( ADX(14)>15 ,ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE))

THEN SELL SHORT
Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE) AND ADX(14)>15)

THEN BUY TO COVER ORDER

ADD NEW SIMULATION TEST, SCRIPTS AND INDICES AND GET THE RESULTS ABOUT

win %, loss %, average win size, average loss size, maximum consecutive loosing trades, biggest drawdown for open trade etc.

OR WHATEVER U WANT

PLEASE HELP ME TO IMPROVE IT AS (THIS PROJECT IS UNDER DOVELOPMENT)BY WAY OF UR SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS .

LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS

HAPPY TRADING
ABHI :cool::)

Attachments

abhiwhy

winners see same thing , but differently:)

abhiwhy

Please suggest me ideas for improvement

abhiwhy

HERE R THE RESULTS FOR 290 DAYS IN NIFTY

Summary
ABHI TREND RUN NSENIFTY (NSENIFTY)
Simulation Date 20/08/09 9:06:40 PM 250 Daily Bars 31/07/08 Through 19/08/09 (384 Days)
Points Only Test

Performance
Profit 2197.0994 Pts
Performance N/A
Annualized Performance N/A
Buy & Hold Profit 79.7500 Pts
Buy & Hold Performance N/A
Buy & Hold Annualized Performance N/A

Trade Summary
Total Trades 4
Trade Efficiency 17.75 %
Average Profit/Average Loss N/A

Profitable Trades
Total 2
Long 1
Short 1

Average Profit 1313.4498 Pts
Highest Profit 1399.8499 Pts
Lowest Profit 1227.0498 Pts
Most Consecutive 1

Unprofitable Trades
Total 2
Long 0
Short 2

Average Loss -214.9001 Pts
Highest Loss -390.7002 Pts
Lowest Loss -39.1001 Pts
Most Consecutive 1

Maximum Position Excursions
Long Favorable 1916.8501 Pts
Short Favorable 1971.1499 Pts
Long Adverse -37.6501 Pts
Short Adverse -728.0503 Pts

Trade Efficiency
Average Entry 70.69 %
Average Exit 47.06 %
Average Total 17.75 %

Average Long Entry 98.07 %
Average Long Exit 64.71 %
Average Long Total 62.78 %

Average Short Entry 61.56 %
Average Short Exit 41.18 %
Average Short Total 2.74 %

Performance Indices
Buy & Hold Index 2654.98 %
Profit/Loss Index 83.64 %
Reward/Risk Index 100.00 %

Accounting
Initial Equity 0.0000 Pts
Trade Profit 2626.8997 Pts
Trade Loss -429.8003 Pts
Commissions 0.0000 Pts
Interest Credited 0.0000 Pts
Interest Charged 0.0000 Pts
Final Equity 2197.0994 Pts
Open Positions 0.0000 Pts

Account Variation
Highest Account Balance 3239.6497 Pts
Lowest Account Balance 0.0000 Pts
Highest Portfolio Value 1916.8501 Pts
Highest Open Drawdown 0.0000 Pts
Highest Closed Drawdown 0.0000 Pts

Account Events
Margin Calls 0
Overdrafts 0

Profitable Timing
Average Trade Length 81
Longest Trade Length 84
Shortest Trade Length 78
Total Trade Length 162

Unprofitable Timing
Average Trade Length 17
Longest Trade Length 22
Shortest Trade Length 13
Total Trade Length 35

Out of Market Timing
Average 13
Longest 36
Total 53

AND

System Details
ABHI TREND RUN
Optimized No
Order Bias Long
Portfolio Bias Single
Position Limit 1

Notes

Buy Order
Order Type Market
Order Expiration Good Until Cancelled
Entry Size Method Use Default Size

Signal Formula
Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE) )

Price Formula

Entry Size Formula

Strategic Delay Tick Minute Day
# of Bars 0 0 0

Sell Short Order
Order Type Market
Entry Size Method Use Default Size

Signal Formula
Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL) AND (ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE) AND ADX(14)>15)

Price Formula

Entry Size Formula

# of Bars 0 0 0

Sell Order
Order Type Market

Signal Formula

Price Formula

# of Bars 0 0 0

Buy to Cover Order
Order Type Market

Signal Formula

Price Formula

# of Bars 0 0 0

Stops
BreakEven Stop
Positions None
Floor Level 0.00 %
Stop Loss
Positions None
Stop Value 0.00 %

Trailing Stop
Positions None
Profit Risk Value 0.00 %
Trailing Periods 0.0
Inactivity Stop
Positions None
Minimum Value 0.00 %
Periods 0.0

Profit Target
Positions None
Target Value 0.00 %

Simulation Options

General Options
Points Only Test Yes
Initial Equity 10000.
Default Size 100 Units
Trade Long Yes
Trade Short Yes
Optimization Results 50

Trade Execution Options
Realistic Market Prices Yes
Buy Price N/A
Sell Price N/A
Sell Short Price N/A
Buy To Cover Price N/A
Delay To Open 1

Slippage
Buy 0.00 Pts
Sell 0.00 Pts
Sell Short 0.00 Pts
Buy to Cover 0.00 Pts

Broker Options
Interest Rates
Margin 5.00 %
Money Market 3.00 %

Margin Requirement
Long Initial 100.00 %
Long Maintenance 0.00 %

Short Initial 150.00 %
Short Maintenance 150.00 %

Commissions
Entry $0.00 Per Transaction
Exit $0.00 Per Transaction

IT WAS A POINT ONLY TEST

don't worry
make this expert
write in bullish trend section
Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL)
and in bearish
Mov(CLOSE,13,EXPONENTIAL)>Mov(CLOSE,3,EXPONENTIAL)
in ribbon section
in bullish select green
in bearish select red
in pattern select none
in pattern select none
type in lebels bull
and bear respectively
go to highlight section
select new
select colour blue or any of ur choice
copy paste formula

ADX(14)>Mov((ADX(14)),9,SIMPLE)
name the expert trend run
u have the expert ready.

abhi:thumb::cool:
Hi Abhi,
Very nice of u for ur technical suggestions. I'm having Ami Chart but not able to import this formula. Showing SYNTAX Error. Please can u give this formula in AFL format.

abhiwhy

Hi Abhi,
Very nice of u for ur technical suggestions. I'm having Ami Chart but not able to import this formula. Showing SYNTAX Error. Please can u give this formula in AFL format.
actually i have posted the metaexpert system here which would work on metastock software only and i have yet to work on amibroker afl
u could do the alternative on ami

use 3,13 ema on price chart ,hide the di+ and di- graph from adx pane also go to
view /charts and drag and drop simple moving average to adx change its period to 9 it would work in similar way than the automatic system , or u could say it would work better because it will be fine and free from programming or coding errors
as soon as amibroker afl is ready i will present it here
happy trading
abhi .:)

AW10

BUY FORMULA

THEN SELL SHORT
Abhi, In your metastock system tester, for short entries, u have added additoinal codition of ADX value > 15 which is not there in case of Long entires. If I remember correctly, then in your other discussion, u have not mentioned about using value = 15 to make any decision.

What is your interpretation of tester's result.
In visual backtest, it looked like the system is generating all +ive trades and no loosing trade.. but system tester says that out of 4 trades, there are 2 loosers (though the loss is limited).

Happy Trading

abhiwhy

Abhi, In your metastock system tester, for short entries, u have added additoinal codition of ADX value > 15 which is not there in case of Long entires. If I remember correctly, then in your other discussion, u have not mentioned about using value = 15 to make any decision.

What is your interpretation of tester's result.
In visual backtest, it looked like the system is generating all +ive trades and no loosing trade.. but system tester says that out of 4 trades, there are 2 loosers (though the loss is limited).

Happy Trading[/QUOTE

actually i m back testing 7 systems on this pattern to find best
ADX value > 15 was result of human error while copying formula
remove it does not matter lot
ya it indeed shows 2 small unprofitable trades in enhanced system taster
but as i have repeatedly told every one in this forum that the name of this thread is system trading is best when traded systematically
and thats the key
here we r to present our systems and discuss how we could dovelop the sense to ignore the errors of the system because human do possess IQ which machines do't
further we will improve our systems to optimum level to make it best filtering system to find out trading and earning oppertunities , i m working hard on it and want u people to short out quick answers to problem to take it into its final stage ,
i presented the results based on the manual trading method and go back and see i also posted a chart along with dates and trading lines in blue and red
color so our target is to match the system result with the manual results .

thanks a lot u for ur visits and reply
happy trading
abhi :)