Cipla Ltd.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Idea Cellular Ltd.
Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
MphasiS Ltd.
Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
Infosys Technologies Ltd.

As I understand it, the definition of the concept of "Investment", what it means to me is:

Invest only in those instruments and only that much amount, so that the falling prices do not make you nervous.

Here I would like to take a line or two from what Charlie Munger and WB keep saying, that, if their investments fall they are even happier as they are now getting something good for even cheaper.

Gold is said to find bottom at 2000 (Goldbees). I will keep buying in SIP at lower rates or at a month of consolidation.

I believe Gold is a "good company" and is currently NOT EXPENSIVE as it has lost 20% from the top. Dollar, over the long term has only appreciated against the rupee and gold, in itself has only gotten expensive overtime.
Yes, but don't you think equities offer a much better return than gold? Especially with Mr Modi Ji as our PM.

please give ur comments on the below stocks:

Nestle India Ltd.
Cipla Ltd.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Idea Cellular Ltd.
Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
MphasiS Ltd.
Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Stay away from IT and Pharma. Reason: Strong upward movement of the Rupee will hamper the profitability of these companies.

praveen taneja

Yes, but don't you think equities offer a much better return than gold? Especially with Mr Modi Ji as our PM.
in the last 30 years no gold mine was found and we are minting whatever found 30 years ago making it down and cost rising so buying gold anytime anywhere is never expensive and this artificial boom in stock markets is going to dry max in 2 months and after that:)

Tune maari entry to dil mein baji ghantiyan re tann tann tann:):)

jamit_05

Firebrand.

Dr. Reddy's Laboratories

This is a volatile stock, but has very strong roots. It has a tendency to have its EPS swing from Very Strong to Very Weak. Unlike Cipla, which is very stable.

Therefore, I believe although the share price has fallen, it is still not attractive enough. Would like to see its PE fall as low as 15 before starting SIP in it.

I am not a rich man, but would like to be. Hence, will dedicate most of allocation to growth stocks and cyclical stocks in down-cycle.

Growth Stocks:
------------------

1) Petronet LNG
2) Gruh Finance
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Cummins India
6) Greaves Cotton
7) Gujrat Gas
8) Swaraj Engines
9) Exide Inds

Cyclical Stocks currently in a downcycle
---------------------------------------
(to be bought in corrections)

1) ACC
2) BHEL
3) Engineers India
4) IDFC
5) Gail
6) Maharashtra Seamless

Companies to buy in sharp corrections (not otherwise)
-------------------------------------
These are fundamentally sound companies, but with EPS stagnating. These may not EVER touch their all time lows but only correct

1) Hind Zinc (at and below Rs.95)
2) Graphite India (betw Rs40-Rs20)
<More to Come>

Speculative at super low prices
------------------------------
1. Balrampur
2. Sail
3. Nalco
4. Hind Copper
5. Union Bank
6. Maharashtra Seamless
7. Concor
8. NMDC

Commodities
-------------
1. HDFC Gold
2. SBIN Gold

Hi Jamit ,

is this a right time if I start investing (sip) in growth stocks..?

jamit_05

Hi Jamit ,

is this a right time if I start investing (sip) in growth stocks..?
One core principle that will prove profitable in the long run is that we do not want buy expensive. One could go a step ahead and buy only when prices are at a discount, this is best advised. But, whatever you may do, DO NOT BUY EXPENSIVE. This probably is the single biggest mistake in Investment.

in the last 30 years no gold mine was found and we are minting whatever found 30 years ago making it down and cost rising so buying gold anytime anywhere is never expensive and this artificial boom in stock markets is going to dry max in 2 months and after that:)

Tune maari entry to dil mein baji ghantiyan re tann tann tann:):)
How do you value gold?

I do not think there is any measure to derive its intrinsic value. Again, going back to Amit's point of emphasizing on buying right securities at the right price.

If you cannot derive a true value of the asset, how would you invest in it at the right price.

It is/has been considered an inflation hedge when currencies were pegged to gold. There is no rational explanation of why Gold Futures went down 10% on comex on 04/15/2013 or rather it lost 16% in mere two trading sessions.

jamit_05

1) Our biggest fear in the markets is that we do not want companies at a price which will never be seen again.

2) And second criteria is a minimal return of 12% should be delivered.

Gold is a sureshot as far as the 1st one is concerned. And, I believe that is a big plus. I do not think I can say the same about Infosys, SBI and many such big-wigs.