SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

Hey guys - where did all the money management go? :(

I can understand the first long today morning which had an acceptable SL for 35-40 points which could have been taken...I took it too and SL was hit.

But how can someone take the second trade with 90 point SL :( any trades which we take at 15 EMA has to have small SL .. thats the whole idea

bit disappointed with people who traded the second one .. I didnt trade it.

Anyways .. bull SAR taken out today .... now Bear SAR is 5543 so obviously trade cant be taken. Now we wait for 15 EMA retest and then take a short. Also note GFZ hit so 15 EMA retest should not be far away.

Cheers
SH

Well SH

Hi SH

Sorry to contradict but during the market hours when we are following the rules we need to stick to them, when bullish Candle closed above 15 EMA as per rule we need to take the trade as per the strategy unless and until we are far away from 15 EMA which we were not. However the Whipsaw occurred which is acceptable but as per you, your didnt trade, why? any reason..................

Shantala

Well SH

Hi SH

Sorry to contradict but during the market hours when we are following the rules we need to stick to them, when bullish Candle closed above 15 EMA as per rule we need to take the trade as per the strategy unless and until we are far away from 15 EMA which we were not. However the Whipsaw occurred which is acceptable but as per you, your didnt trade, why? any reason..................
We don't trade with big stop loss.

hi
every one who trade on this method .. 30 min why not the in tuch wit every one so if some one wornge he/ she knwo where did mistake for tht sue messanger or here live cht so tht also help ppl like me who new for this ...

use messnger or here live cht plz think on this an do something for this .. coz it wil help every one and stop loss money ................. reply this

I don't have envelopes in my software, but maybe we can use another envelope half-way through just to give us the levels. If the price penetrates the inner envelope on the other side, then it should be considered as a possible trend changer and reversion to 15EMA should be considered for trades in the other direction.

Maybe I have not been able to state the idea in proper words, but consider something like Bollingerworm on 30 min.

ayush2020

can any one check for crude oil .. with the same envelop period is 17 and deviation is 0.90% .. whether it is correct or not ??

we can use in GCI platform ... though i have used it for crude and in demo it is going good...

VJAY

Hey guys - where did all the money management go? :(

I can understand the first long today morning which had an acceptable SL for 35-40 points which could have been taken...I took it too and SL was hit.

But how can someone take the second trade with 90 point SL :( any trades which we take at 15 EMA has to have small SL .. thats the whole idea

bit disappointed with people who traded the second one .. I didnt trade it.

Anyways .. bull SAR taken out today .... now Bear SAR is 5543 so obviously trade cant be taken. Now we wait for 15 EMA retest and then take a short. Also note GFZ hit so 15 EMA retest should not be far away.

Cheers
SH
Dear SH,
I also took those trades got whipsawed ..please share your MM in this method...as I used MM of 100 points without any test/conclussion .thats why i entered in 2nd trade too ...If you share your MM then it will help me & to all....

Dear SH,
I also took those trades got whipsawed ..please share your MM in this method...as I used MM of 100 points without any test/conclussion .thats why i entered in 2nd trade too ...If you share your MM then it will help me & to all....
Hey Guys

Dont worry, may be two consecutive trades got whipsawed but overall this strategy works very well. Even without putting any Money Management and taking every trade I backtested the Swing Strategy alongwith GFZ (30 min with 1.5% band) in Nifty Spot prices (as I dont have Futures prices) from 17th Jan 2012 till yesterday, the net result is 34 trades initiated with 1187 points profit.:clap:

SH ..so how much sl is advised to get into the trade in such circumstances ?
around 50?

and pl. guide me on how to handle the situation if say we skip the trade and then the price keeps on rising ?? :confused: :confused:...do we enter then or just wait for another trade opportunity to arise ? thanks in advance
My MM rules.

For normal entry when bull SAR or bear SAR is taken out ... take the trade if SL is less than 100 points.

For entry on 15 EMA retest, trade if SL is less than 50 points.

Cheers
SH

Thanks SH. I didn't take both trades today. The first one I missed as I got busy that time and second trade SL seemed too far off.

BTW can you clarify on the Bear SAR? You mentioned bear SAR now is 5543. Did you mean 5453? Thats the SAR shown on my chart currently.
Hi Trader Boy,

Can clarify why 5543 is sar and not 5480 or 5453 as after correcting to 15ema price created new lows?

Hi SH,

Can you confirm what is the SAR now?

Klewtar

A few weeks of lousy trades since the 29th of Feb (The Swing/SAR would have been a 'trade saver' then for lead and zinc) and I finally get my head around to using/understanding the system.

It is simpler to grasp than I anticipated and as @TWH says, more profitable than 315. I don't have access to envelopes as I'm on Trade Tiger.

I'm interested in trading commodities such as Maize, Potatoes, Cardamon with the swing trading system's SARs. Maybe Zinc and Lead too once the market has stabilized.

Edit:

When do I enter a trade such as in the image below:

When EMA 15 is retested or?

1158 is the last SAR, price last traded at 1227.

Edit 2:

My bad, a SAR (when between higher highs or lower lows,) is when ema 15 is touched or more, I thought it had to always be away from ema 15.

Last Bull SAR was at 1191

Last edited: