Sensex Heading Towards 13k?

Suppose US goes through recession,our export oriented companies will be hurt.
India is a more domestic demand driven,countries more dependent on export will feel the heat.Comparitively we dont have to worry much.
FII's are disturbed & at any sign of distress this Smart money flees fast.Again at any smell of blood (opurtunity) they will pounce early.
We where trading even before they came ,in hordes ,& would be trading even when they are absent.
This is a an extermely important point you have made here...

It's correct! to me...

lalpar

This is a an extermely important point you have made here...

It's correct! to me...
I completely endore your views ashish..You can go on trading...What abt Investors...they can make money only when stock price rises and when there is no momentum you cannot expect sharpi increases in stock prices...Evry rise there will be a selling pressure...This is good for traders but not for investors who have already been stripped of big money and are in losses and hope for the same bull run

So take your own call..
Traders can make money even if market falls but investors cannot !!!!!!!!!!!

C

Czar

lalpar: THat is not so correct a bear market / recession is not the end of the world, the investors will have to work harder do more research after all easy money & goodtimes cannot last forever, otherwise all other shops will close down, so when stock market reaches peak mostly all other businesses are more inclined to stock market & thus comes a time to balance, its more like a time to send other businesses & shop who comes lured with easy money to go back to their own work, a balancing act... Investors have been there & will always remain, afterall 2/3 years is not a correct measure of investor.. remember an investor is not one who just holds in bull markets but one who buys in bear market & then holds...

A true investor was the one who bought RIL at 200 not at 2000...

Last edited by a moderator:
remember an investor is not one who just holds in bull markets but one who buys in bear market & then holds...
Now these are the golden words which I have experienced in my 4-5 yrs of share market learning :)
A lesson for beginners and an experience which gives strenght to everyone even if their portfolio has decreased/increased drastically in short span.

C

Czar

thanks birjuji, though Indian investors (long term guys playing since 20/30 years) would actually be happy if our bull market ends with a bear market cause last 2 bulls have ended with crashes due to scams...

djsinha

Sensex EPS estimtes (till March 2008):-

Ramesh Damani: Rs 900-1000
Motilal Oswal: Rs 830-835
Sharekhan: Rs 860

Taking Rs 835( the lowest estimate) and current P/E of 22.75, sensex value estimate is 18996.
Taking Rs 900(the highest estimate, offcourse Rs 1000 would be too optimistic) the sensex estimate is 20475.

So, sensex can be seen to be fairly valued at nearly 19000-20500 levels by March, 2008.

Links for the above data:
http://www.outlookmoney.com/scripts/IIH021C1.asp?SectionId=1&CategoryId=14&ArticleId=6470&NoCache=2%2F2%2F2008+7%3A01%3A05+AM
http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/market-outlook/cap-goods-cement-banks-to-post-strong-nos-sharekhan/03/43/291191
http://www.bseindia.com/mktlive/indiceswatch.asp

One good thing have you noticed, all the infamous tip givers with single digit post counts have disappeared from TJ lol... :D
I guess ne way to foretell a crash would be when there are lot of posts on TJ about tips... that time be in cash... :D

lalpar

The Markets are making lower and lower highs ....
reliance stocks have taken a beating and it had to be so....

The markets are heading to 1k ...No doubt abt it in next few months...

But for an investor BUYING aone is not important....

The art of making money in stock market is to know when to sell and not when to BUY.....

Keep Buying...The market will be going lower and lower and once ur saturated and sell all ur shares then u will see a rally........

My Call:

Have 20% of ur investment in market...sit in cash....Book profit or loss on evry rise like you see today.....

Happy Trading

sudoku1

THANK GOD...found a thread now for 13k...
was stuck in 7500 k thread....:D