Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reliance Power IPO Payment Option

Here is a straight forward question
If I have Rs 1 lac with me should I invest wholly or partially :D

Was getting confused:confused: over this issue as people say that I cannot book listing gains

What are those gains ?

IF someone can sell the shares on the day they purchase (I'm not interested though)

Re: Reliance Power IPO Payment Option

Here is a straight forward question
If I have Rs 1 lac with me should I invest wholly or partially :D

Was getting confused:confused: over this issue as people say that I cannot book listing gains

What are those gains ?

IF someone can sell the shares on the day they purchase (I'm not interested though)
Plz check the 9th post in the following thread...
http://www.traderji.com/equities/18730-reliance-ipo.html

Re: Truth of Reliance Power IPO - JANTA KO BEVAKOOF SAMAJAH RAKHA HAI

Good to read this post which presents a different opinion, contrary to all the hype about this IPO. Also, the argument has been nicely justified by quantifying the various aspects of this IPO.

I am not here judge but I still think, because of the interest this IPO has generated and the reputation of the Ambanis, this IPO will see listing gains.
Hi, here is another observation of mine in case of Reliance Power IPO according to what I have seen and heard today :

Check out this : Could REPL follow in RPL’s footsteps post-listing...

In case of reliance power IPO, mass public has sold other stocks and have atleast left the bullish position today and we saw the market crashing today... Poor people, see when you're selling in panic, somebody is on the other side buying the same thing! Today people and institutional investors sold in huge so that they can take position in Reliance Power IPO today. The mob lost their stock holdings today + they gave opportunity in bulk for some other institutional investors most probably to get prospective stocks at low prices due to selloff mentality of all people in the mob... So conclusively, they lost and somebody to the opportunity to make money in those stocks in the short term in the coming future!

Another thing, if you go through the article above, then you find the market was moved upwards due to THIS IPO maybe by institutional market movers so that when THIS CURRENT sell-off takes place, they do not end up loosing their valuations... So they moved the market up... now its moving down... and as per the above article on moneycontrol, RIL may corrent to up to 30% from here IF the market has to go down truly and if the scenario right now is to duplicate the scenario that existed in case of Reliance Petro IPO!

Anyway, for now, just tell me one thing... now since most of the people have subscribed to Relinace Power IPO only because they believe and everyone belives it will get listed at 800+ and their investment will become double in one day... Most of the subscribers just want to offload their stocks and want to make money in no time as soon as the stock get listed and as they believe this stock will get listed at 800+ ... TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REAL MARKET WHEN THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF SELLERS OF A STOCK JUST READY TO OFFLOAD THEIR STOCK IN ORDER TO BOOK PROFITS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!

I believe the lobby of institutional investors, the market movers will remain calm for some time and will let the stock fall.... They would wait to fetch this stocks at true low prices in order to make long term real good profits by buying this stock at lows BECAUSE ALL EXPERTS TRULY ALREADY FEELTHIS STOCK IS OVERPRICED FUNDAMENTALLY... CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE...

The voices of valuations etc. are totally lost; people back calculate from Rs 850-900. WHAT IF For some reason it does not quote at Rs 850-900, but only at Rs 500

The the calculation of the game...

Ambani bandhus have around 200 crores of this stock with them...

Now even if the stock gets listed at Rs.500, then if Ambani bandhus sell only 4 crore shares in the market, then they can recover their invested 2000 crores completely and the whole project will be with them for free!! They just encashed their reputation thats it!

Re: Future Capital IPO and ICICIDirect

icicidirect most of the time i get it back through checks. I don't think their should be any changes as its easy to send a check and its not sent by icici but the IPO agents

TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REAL MARKET WHEN THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF SELLERS OF A STOCK JUST READY TO OFFLOAD THEIR STOCK IN ORDER TO BOOK PROFITS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
You...me...and many other retail investors are minority in discovering the real price. There are many sattebaaz who'll take the price up and up for a month atleast....once they book profits...you and me will relax that this is a great buy and always booming and then we'll see the RELPOW at the issue price once again!

RePL IPO: Retail portion subscribed only 1.4 times

Following article from ET indicates retail portion is subscribed only 1.4 times.

Thus, If one has applied for 225 shares with part payment and retail portion is not subsribed over 4 times, people investing with the aim of listing gains land up in trouble, since shares can then be sold only after making payment within 12day of listing and shares therefore cannot be sold in the week of listing.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Happy Investing :)

MUMBAI: Anil Ambani Group firm Reliance Power Ltd's initial public offer appears set to break all records in the primary market as it drew a massive response from retail and institutional investors alike who bid to buy shares worth over Rs 100,000 crore on the first day itself.

The first IPO from the Group today received bids for 242 crore shares, or 10.6 times of the 22.80 crore shares on offer for the public. The issue was over-subscribed within a minute of opening - a record. More than four lakh applications poured in during the day and the average demand from one investor is estimated to be over Rs 100 crore worth of shares.

So much was the demand for the issue that investors encashed a part of their holdings in the secondary market to buy its shares, pulling the benchmark BSE Sensex down by almost 477 points. Even power stocks, including parent firm Reliance Energy Ltd, ended in losses on the bourses.

The Qualified Institutional Buyer (QIB) segment of the IPO was oversubscribed 17 times, while the high net worth individual (HNI) segment was oversubscribed 7.4 times. The portion reserved for retail investors received bids for close to 1.4 times the shares on offer, market sources said.

Overall, the IPO was oversubscribed 10.64 times, with demand worth about Rs 1,09,000 crore, according to data available with stock exchanges. The company looked set to make history with record proceeds of Rs 11,700 crore as almost all bids came at Rs 450, the top end of the price band.

pkjha30

Hi, here is another observation of mine in case of Reliance Power IPO according to what I have seen and heard today :

Check out this : Could REPL follow in RPLs footsteps post-listing...

In case of reliance power IPO, mass public has sold other stocks and have atleast left the bullish position today and we saw the market crashing today... Poor people, see when you're selling in panic, somebody is on the other side buying the same thing! Today people and institutional investors sold in huge so that they can take position in Reliance Power IPO today. The mob lost their stock holdings today + they gave opportunity in bulk for some other institutional investors most probably to get prospective stocks at low prices due to selloff mentality of all people in the mob... So conclusively, they lost and somebody to the opportunity to make money in those stocks in the short term in the coming future!

Another thing, if you go through the article above, then you find the market was moved upwards due to THIS IPO maybe by institutional market movers so that when THIS CURRENT sell-off takes place, they do not end up loosing their valuations... So they moved the market up... now its moving down... and as per the above article on moneycontrol, RIL may corrent to up to 30% from here IF the market has to go down truly and if the scenario right now is to duplicate the scenario that existed in case of Reliance Petro IPO!

Anyway, for now, just tell me one thing... now since most of the people have subscribed to Relinace Power IPO only because they believe and everyone belives it will get listed at 800+ and their investment will become double in one day... Most of the subscribers just want to offload their stocks and want to make money in no time as soon as the stock get listed and as they believe this stock will get listed at 800+ ... TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REAL MARKET WHEN THERE IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF SELLERS OF A STOCK JUST READY TO OFFLOAD THEIR STOCK IN ORDER TO BOOK PROFITS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!

I believe the lobby of institutional investors, the market movers will remain calm for some time and will let the stock fall.... They would wait to fetch this stocks at true low prices in order to make long term real good profits by buying this stock at lows BECAUSE ALL EXPERTS TRULY ALREADY FEELTHIS STOCK IS OVERPRICED FUNDAMENTALLY... CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE...

The voices of valuations etc. are totally lost; people back calculate from Rs 850-900. WHAT IF For some reason it does not quote at Rs 850-900, but only at Rs 500

The the calculation of the game...

Ambani bandhus have around 200 crores of this stock with them...

Now even if the stock gets listed at Rs.500, then if Ambani bandhus sell only 4 crore shares in the market, then they can recover their invested 2000 crores completely and the whole project will be with them for free!! They just encashed their reputation thats it!
In any case a correction is long overdue. Rel Power might have some listing gains but then there may be some opportunity to invest in near future at or belowe IPO price when correction takes place.

NTPC may not command similar premium or PE valuations as it is a public sector company. But I would prefer to invest in NTPC anytime given its capacity and future plans.PE for RPL is unimaginable.I think in USA such things would not have been allowed.But then India is shining, never mind Ambani cash out when you had enough.

Pankaj :)