Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvgandhi

Josh
At present, I am in USA. I have my PC with local time. I have win7 and excel 2010 home and student edition. But time and date format I have changed to dd/mm/yyyy and HH:mm:ss. As I have time difference of 12:30 hrs, in RTNow.xlsm, I have changed start and time as 20:45 and 03:00. I have added trusted location to all folders for Now, amibroker and containing RTNow.xlsm. My rtd is enabled in now. Still I am not getting Now data in my excel.
What am I missing? Now shows here local time not exchange time.

sr114

Josh
At present, I am in USA. I have my PC with local time. I have win7 and excel 2010 home and student edition. But time and date format I have changed to dd/mm/yyyy and HH:mm:ss. As I have time difference of 12:30 hrs, in RTNow.xlsm, I have changed start and time as 20:45 and 03:00. I have added trusted location to all folders for Now, amibroker and containing RTNow.xlsm. My rtd is enabled in now. Still I am not getting Now data in my excel.
Ivgandhi

may be its a solution - as we add the +5.30 hrs to GMT get the proper Indian Standard time, u can also do such thing. u never make the start time as 20.30 and make it proper IST (9.15) by adding the 12.30 time difference. this 20.30 start time makes ur system to look for yesterdays quotes and NOW is giving today's quote. so u will not get the proper quotes in RTNOW. make the necessary adjsutment of 12.30 hrs with ur local time and then run NOW and RTNOW and see the result

sr

josh1

Josh
Ivgandhi

may be its a solution - as we add the +5.30 hrs to GMT get the proper Indian Standard time, u can also do such thing. u never make the start time as 20.30 and make it proper IST (9.15) by adding the 12.30 time difference. this 20.30 start time makes ur system to look for yesterdays quotes and NOW is giving today's quote. so u will not get the proper quotes in RTNOW. make the necessary adjsutment of 12.30 hrs with ur local time and then run NOW and RTNOW and see the result

sr
LVGandhi

I am currently in Singapore. For a brief period I switched my PC time to Singapore. My NOW is showing Last Trade Time as Indian Time. How is it that yours is showing USA time? Please check. Do not change Start and End Time. It will be better solution to change your PC time to align with Indian time if you are trading.

Or are you taking data from ODIN where LTT is not given?

lvgandhi

LVGandhi

I am currently in Singapore. For a brief period I switched my PC time to Singapore. My NOW is showing Last Trade Time as Indian Time. How is it that yours is showing USA time? Please check. Do not change Start and End Time. It will be better solution to change your PC time to align with Indian time if you are trading.

Or are you taking data from ODIN where LTT is not given?
I will get a screenshot tomorrow of NOW. I am not sure how your PC shows Indian time when your PC is set to Singapore Time. Any settings in NOW to be done? I will check. If you know any settings kindly reply.
I am taking data from NOW only not Odin.
Is there any settings other than what I mentioned in my last post ie rtd from now enabled, trust locations of NOW, amibroker and RTNow.xlsm is made- to be made in excel 2010 student and home edition (trial of course, but not starter edition) to get Real Time data.
Whether any one is successful in getting RTD in excel 2010 home and student edition?

sr114

I will get a screenshot tomorrow of NOW. I am not sure how your PC shows Indian time when your PC is set to Singapore Time. Any settings in NOW to be done? I will check. If you know any settings kindly reply.
I am taking data from NOW only not Odin.
Is there any settings other than what I mentioned in my last post ie rtd from now enabled, trust locations of NOW, amibroker and RTNow.xlsm is made- to be made in excel 2010 student and home edition (trial of course, but not starter edition) to get Real Time data.
Whether any one is successful in getting RTD in excel 2010 home and student edition?
LVGandhi

u do the best way possible - make ur local usa time in ur pc adjusted to IST by adding 12.30 hrs(as u said the time diff) and see the result. also in NOW under Preference-User Settings-General - there is a provision of setting the exchange time or Local system time. also look at there.

another conflicting area may be the Office 2010 - never used that , so cant comment on it but RTNOW works flawlessly under Office 2007 . In conclusion we can say that under Office 2010 it must work but u have to look at that angle also

sr

lvgandhi

LVGandhi

u do the best way possible - make ur local usa time in ur pc adjusted to IST by adding 12.30 hrs(as u said the time diff) and see the result. also in NOW under Preference-User Settings-General - there is a provision of setting the exchange time or Local system time. also look at there.

another conflicting area may be the Office 2010 - never used that , so cant comment on it but RTNOW works flawlessly under Office 2007 . In conclusion we can say that under Office 2010 it must work but u have to look at that angle also

sr
First I don't get any data from NOW to excel 2010. Hence my request any one working with excel 2010 home and student edition. If so any special settings in excel 2010 to be done?
Second is time problem. Pl. see

Preference settings are for exchange only. But NOW shows 03:00 hrs as last trade time.

josh1

First I don't get any data from NOW to excel 2010. Hence my request any one working with excel 2010 home and student edition. If so any special settings in excel 2010 to be done?
Second is time problem. Pl. see

Preference settings are for exchange only. But NOW shows 03:00 hrs as last trade time.
First- 1. Check whether RTD function supported in home and student edition.
2. Your RTD may have been deactivated. If it is Windows 7, it does not give any error. Windows XP immediately gives RTD license error.

Second: Time problem. - Change PC time to India. Just change time time zone to New Delhi. No need to change time. This has to be done before you start NOW. After market hours, you can go back to your own time zone. Any way you will not be doing anything else while watching charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.